The lifts are running and the mountains are calling!
- year round
Venture Out and join USA Today's Top Ski Resort! Ski + Ride in the Winter. Mountain Bike in the Summer. Perks extend far beyond a free season pass and industry discounts! We provide more than happy hours and thrilling employee events. As a Winter Park family member, you'll receive the experience of a lifetime.
Winter Park Resort is located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains!
The lifts are running and the mountains are calling!
Share your passion for the mountains with others!
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
From the Winter snow-covered mountains to the pristine Summer sunsets, at Winter Park Resort you'll be surrounded by great activities, and even greater people. We are a community of explorers and adrenaline junkies; sight seers and nature lovers; lifelong skiers and fly fishing fanatics; bikers and peak hikers… The opportunities for mountain adventure are endless, but we all share one common appreciation for our gorgeous Colorado community!
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the experiences that will keep you coming back for more. We work to play... Are you in?
Employee Housing is available near Winter Park Resort in the Grandy County area. Employee housing is not guaranteed but rather on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We encourage you to visit our employee housing webpage for further information.
If you would prefer to find your own accommodations, the best sources to find housing in the area are Grand County Online Garage Sale Facebook Page, craigslist.org, or skyhidailynews.com. Be sure to check the towns of Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, and Granby, which are within 20 minutes of Winter Park Resort.
Winter Perks and Benefits 2023-2024
All active employees are entitled to the following benefits at Winter Park Resort with the presentation of their valid winter employee pass. Unless noted, discounts are for the employee only, not dependents.
Direct to Lift FREE access to:
Winter Park Resort
- Free for employees
- Free for full time dependents
- $25 for part time dependents
- $50 for temporary dependents
With no additional charge, all employees and dependents can request an Alterra Mountain Company (AMC) pass to ski direct to lift at Steamboat, as well as any AMC resort (except CMH).
Discount Friends and Family Vouchers:
- All Full-time and Part-time employees receive 12 discounted $25 Lift Ticket vouchers and 8 discounted $5 Tubing Hill vouchers to share with friends and family, redeemable at Winter Park and/or Steamboat Resort. Temporary or On-Call employees do not receive any discount vouchers.
- These vouchers are not to be sold or traded. Violation of this policy is grounds for immediate termination.
- All vouchers will be loaded onto employee passes. You can take your pass to the ticket office and scan a voucher or print them via RTP at Guest Services or HR. Steamboat requires a voucher number for friends and family (no scanning option available).
Free and/or 1/2 Off Skiing / Riding:
- Real Deal: Arapaho Basin, Copper Mountain, Ski Cooper, Loveland, Echo Mountain, Eldora Mountain, Monarch, Purgatory at Durango, Powderhorn, Aspen (inclusive of Highlands, Snowmass, Buttermilk), Sunlight, Telluride, Granby Ranch, Howelsen Hill, Steamboat
- Free for employees, 50% off for dependent
- BLACKOUT DATES: A-Basin (4/1), Telluride (12/26-1/2/23, 1/14 - 1/16/23, 2/18 - 2/20/23)
- Private Exchange: Angle Fire and Taos, NM, Snowy Range, WY
- Free for employees, 50% off for dependents
- Ikon Letter: Any active employee without and Ikon Pass can ski at any Ikon partner resort at 1/2 off window ticket price. Bring your pass to HR for a letter. **Must have physical letter and pass to ski at Ikon Resorts. Resorts will not accept electronic or photocopies of letter**
- 1/2 off for employees, no dependent discounts
SKI / RIDE FREE @ Alterra Resorts with AMC PASS
(Employees + Dependents)50% Off Ikon Partners
Mammoth, Snow Summit, Big Bear, Palisades Tahoe, June Mountain, Crystal MountainWEST
The Summit at Snoqualmie
Deer Valley, Steamboat, SolitudeROCKIES
Jackson Hole, Big Sky Resort, Snowbird, Alta, Brighton
Killington, Sugarbush, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon Mountain
Blue Mountain, Tremblant
**does not include CMH**CANADA
Ski Big 3 (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Norquay), Revelstoke, Cypress Mountain, Red Mountain Panorama, Sun Peaks Resort
Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands
Matterhorn, Thredbo, Mt. Buller, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt. Hutt, Niseko, Lotte Arai Resort
Food & Beverage Discounts:
- 50% discount at Moffat Market, Snoasis, Mary Jane Cafe, and Sunspot Provisioner.
- 25% discount at Doc's Roadhouse, Club Car, Lunch Rock, Derailer, Bradley's, Pepperonis, and Starbucks
- Does not include alcoholic beverages, or retail items.
- Employees are eligible for discounts to our various lodging locations. Contact the Winter Park Call Center at (866)260-6303 for current rates and availability. Restrictions apply.
- 20% discounts on advanced reservations depending on availability.
- 50% discounts for walk-in same day check-in after 4PM at The Vintage Hotel depending on availability.
Rental and Retail Discounts:
- Retail: 30% discount on all full price retail purchases, 20% off all full price hard good purchases (based on availability), and 10% discount on all reduced-price retail purchases (excluses hard good and electronics). Everyday promo deals through Mountain Essentials.
- Rental: 50% off Premium Ski/Snowboard Rentals for the employees only; based upon availbility, must be reserved 72 hours in advanced. Free fleet rentals via the Employee Rental Program. See last page for more details.
- Tune and Repair Services: Take your employee season pass to the West Portal Tune Shop for one free tune. After free tune is used, you will be eligible for 50% discount on tunes and 30% discounts on repairs. Please expect a 7-day turnaround and refrain from weekends/holiday drop off.
Ski and Ride School:
- For Winter Park Resort Employees Only:
- Free ½ Day Group Lessons.
- Must be one paying guest in lesson.
- For Alterra Employees, and Eligible Dependents of Winter Park Resort Employees and Alterra Employees (spouse and/or children of the employee):
- 50% off daily lessons.
- 50% off Kids’ Multi-Week Programs ages 4+.
- 5 pack of kid lessons for $299 ages 4+ (Non-Transferable).
Employee Assistance Program (EAP):
- Winter Park Resort has contracted with local Mental Health Professionals to provide up to 3 annual confidential counseling sessions to active employees and their immediate family members. See last page for details.
Employee Child Care Services:
- Child Care is available on a space available basis for infants, toddlers, and pre-school ages 2 months to 5 years through the Early Education Center (EEC).
Other Employee Benefits:
- 401(k) Savings Program with a match up to 4%; all employees are eligible after 1st of the month following 1 month of employment – must be 21 years old.
- Pro Deals and Discounts
- Smith Optics, North Face, Dakine, Mountain Essentials, Expert Voice, Perkspot
Employee Ski/Snowboard Rental Program
- All active full-time and part-time employees will have access to the employee ski program.
- Employees will have access to up to 20 fleet skis/snowboards (package only: Skis, boots, helmet, and poles).
- Performance, High Performance and Demo skis/snowboards are not available to be used in the complimentary employee ski program but can be rented for 50% off walk-up price.
Discounts for Winter Park Employees visiting Steamboat:
- Lodging: Discounted room rates at the Steamboat Grand may be available.
- Food & Beverage:
- 50% discount at Thunderhead, Rendezvous and Four Points Food Courts, Gondola Joe’s, Geano’s and Grand Café.
- 30% discount at Stoker, Hazie’s, Ragnar’s, The Bear River Bar & Grill, Four Points fine dining, The Cabin and Chaps.
- Western BBQ also offers special employee discount.
- Rental: Specific Rates and types of equipment change periodically. Please present employee pass to find out more information on possible discounts
- Retail: 30% discount on Soft Goods 20% discount on Hard Goods
No employee discounts available during holiday periods (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, MLK, Valentine's, President's Day, Easter, etc.)
For additional information on these or other available benefits and programs, email, call, or stop by Human Resources on the 1st Floor of the Admin Building located at the Base of Winter Park Resort.
Email or call HR 72 hours in advance. firstname.lastname@example.org – 970-726-1627
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Child Care Services
Go to www.401k.com to enroll and/or update elections.
Transportation once you arrive:
No matter the season, America's top adventure town will always keep you busy!
Enjoy a variety of fun activities this winter such as: