NOC hires seasonally for the vast majority of our positions. We hire for our extended season which is considered April-October and also for our peak season May-August.
If you are interested in becoming a River Guide with us, think about signing up for Guide School at the link below: http://noccareers.com/guide-school/
Most of our other positions we train employees in-house, but any previous, applicable experience for the position you are applying for is appreciated.
NOC Aerial Guides work on three different Aerial adventure activities: the Zip Line Adventure Park, Mountaintop Zip Line Tour, and Alpine Tower; our guides are cross-trained to work on all three activities. Aerial Guide applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their work start date, and have current CPR and First Aid certifications. To view the full job description please visit the link below: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1034/aerial-guide/jobView Job Description
NOC Bike Mechanics work out of the Bike Shop on NOC’s main campus on the Nantahala River. Many Bike Mechanics also work as biking tour guides, and may have the option to cross-train in other adventure activities as well. Bike Mechanic applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their start date; current CPR and First Aid certifications are preferred but not required. The NOC Adventure Center is accepting Bike Mechanic applicants for the 2017 peak season summer months, as well as full-season guides (March through October). To view the full job description please visit the link below: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1036/bike-mechanic/jobView Job Description
Nantahala Outdoor Center Front Desk Reservationists work primarily in the Adventure Center, located along the banks of the beautiful Nantahala River. In this role the guest reservationist will be greeting guests as they arrive for their adventure, taking day-of reservations, checking guests in, accepting payment, and answering questions on area information and all NOC adventure activities. Ideal dates of employment would be from mid May until mid August. To view the full job description please follow this link: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1046/deck-reservationist/jobView Job Description
Join the NOC team as a Photographer/Photo Sales Associate for the 2018 Summer Season!! As a photographer at NOC, the river banks will become your office as you photograph NOC raft trips and private boaters as they run Nantahala Falls rapid on the Nantahala River. Photographers will not only capture the photos but also help to sell their shots to our guest in Photo Finish.
Applicants for a photos position at NOC should have great communication skills, a strong sense of guest service, and be enthusiastic about sharing outdoor activities with others. Applicants should enjoy working in a team setting, take direction well, and be able to work independently. Prior experience with customer service and/or sales is ideal, but not required.
For a full job description or to apply, please visit:
www.noccareers.comView Job Description
At the Nantahala Outdoor Center, our Reservationists are the first line of communication to our guests! They help guide the guest through the many outdoor adventures we offer. As a Reservationist, you enjoy the best combination of access to outdoor fun and the ability to earn more money based on your experience with our activities. We encourage our Reservationists to experience all of our activities through paid continuing education. This allows our Reservationists to experience, first-hand, the trips that they will be helping our guests book.
- Developing rapport with guests to help each reserve the best possible NOC itinerary to meet their needs, including day activities, clinics, instruction and lodging
- Providing knowledge to enhance the guest experience, including sharing information about NOC experiences: driving directions, what to bring, shopping, dining, and lodging options, NOC events, activities, and entertainment
- Understanding the particulars of the varying activities and departments to best respond to guests’ questions and redirect calls as necessary Other Reservations office tasks as assigned
Applicants should have great communication skills, a strong sense of guest service and enthusiasm for sharing outdoor activities with others. To ensure complete product knowledge and ability to direct guests to their perfect vacation activity, applicants should be interested in learning about all facets of NOC offerings.
Applicants must be able to sit for long periods of time, speak clearly and concisely and be self motivated to sustain productive work.
For a full job description or to apply, please visit:
www.noccareers.comView Job Description
Cooks for the Nantahala Outdoor Center may work at one of three restaurant locations on the NOC main campus: River’s End Restaurant, Big Wesser BBQ, and Relia’s Garden Restaurant. In some cases, cooks may be able to work at multiple restaurants, or cross-train to work in other NOC departments as well. All cook applicants must be at least 18 years of age. For a full job description please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1020/river%27s-end-restaurant-cook/jobView Job Description
This position’s primary focus will be working in the Paddlesports Department of the NOC Outfitters Store. Ideal candidates will have direct experience with selling paddlesports equipment; particularly whitewater kayaks, apparel, and equipment. Experience with recreational kayaks, canoes, rafts, and stand-up-paddle boards is also highly desirable. To view a full job description or to apply, please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1092/retail-template/jobView Job Description
NOC Raft Guides work on one of seven different rivers: the Nantahala, French Broad, Pigeon, Ocoee, Nolichucky, Chattooga and Cheoah; many guides are able to cross-train to work on multiple rivers. Raft Guide applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their start date, and have current CPR and First Aid certifications. Applicants without prior commercial rafting experience are strongly encouraged to attend NOC Raft Guide School during the spring; preferential consideration for employment is given to Guide School graduates. For more information or to sign up for Guide School, visit http://noccareers.com/guide-school/. To view the full job description please visit the link below: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1015/river-guide/jobView Job Description
Servers for the Nantahala Outdoor Center work primarily in River’s End Restaurant. Depending on availability, qualification and interest, Servers may also have the opportunity to work additionally in other aspects of the Food and Beverage operation, or in other departments. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. All individuals hired as wait staff will be responsible for completing side work, as well as any required front of house duties as directed by the manager on duty. To view the full job description please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1026/river%27s-end-server/jobView Job Description
- Train Big Wesser staff on NOC Guest service expectations, requirements, FOH food upsells and guest activities around the center.
- Responsible for profitability of operation,and budget adherence to include labor expense.
- Train staff on alcohol service procedures.
- Responsible for menu pricing and quality of product.
- Ensure staff follows established par levels for daily production requirements and assist with serving line set up.
- Perform daily inventories of products to insure inventory meets production demands and waste is limited.
- Responsible for FOH hospitality service to ensure the highest quality of products is served and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for staff following standards for proper food handling.
- Keep Director of Food & Beverage informed of all restaurant concerns keeping with quality service and production at all times.
- Write or review weekly schedules, ensuring restaurant is appropriately staffed, and ensure that all staff are fairly scheduled.
- Ensure adherence to the schedule by all staff.
- Ensure restaurant and surrounding area are clean and kept tidy.
- Communicate specials etc. to the serving staff and ensure they are mentioned to all guests.
- Report all general maintenance and equipment malfunctions to Director of Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for training staff on the proper maintenance of FOH equipment and use of MICROS, ADP Timeshare.
- Assist with hospitality/special events as needed.
- Ensure all customer queries and complaints are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a strong, capable team of workers.
- Review and appraise the performance of staff.
- Deal with staff issues following NOC procedures, keeping accurate records. Make sure all staff files are updated with HR.
- Report all incidents/accidents to management immediately. Complete necessary documentation.
- Be able to assume any station during shift as needed to promote efficient operation.
- Attend weekly meetings with Foodservice Management Team.
- Ensure payroll accuracy is maintained and payroll costs remain within budget.
- Update and maintain communication board and daily/weekly information to staff.
- Establish and update a process manual to set expectations and how each role functions.
- Maintain confidentiality on company/department matters.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in foodservice
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a management capacity
- Valid driver’s license to operate department vehicles
- Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as related to day-to-day responsibilities and health department regulations
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals and associated OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of NC Alcohol Laws and requirements and ServSafe certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ability to read recipes and understand measurements
- Ability to effectively lead, communicate, train and guide staff
- Ability to display/teach good guest service skills
- Able to communicate effectively and be a team player
- Dependable and organized. Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- ServSafe certified (preferred)
- Proficiency with MICROS, ADP Timeshare and Microsoft Excel preferred
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
View Job Description
- Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to seasonal dependent temperatures in working environment
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting
- Various repetitive motions to include bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting items over 25 pounds
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Shared work space
How to Apply
Most seasonal hiring occurs between February and May. Applications are accepted year round.
Please visit our careers page to apply!