NOC hires seasonally for the vast majority of our positions. We hire for our extended season which is considered April-October and also for our peak season May-August.
If you are interested in becoming a River Guide with us, think about signing up for Guide School at the link below: http://noccareers.com/guide-school/
Most of our other positions we train employees in-house, but any previous, applicable experience for the position you are applying for is appreciated.
Do you prefer working outdoors as opposed to indoors? Do you enjoy sharing adventure with others? Are you looking to gain new skills or build upon skills you may already have? If you answered yes to all three, then we have a job for you!
NOC is now accepting applications for Aerial Guides for our 2019 Spring/Summer/Fall seasons. Aerial Guides work in multiple adventure activities which include our Zip Line Adventure Park, Mountaintop Zip Line, Team Building Challenge Course, Treetop Adventure Nets and our Alpine Tower. Our Guides have the opportunity to cross train on each of these activities and continue building their skill set and knowledge of aerial adventures.
This position is classified as summer seasonal and reports to the Aerial Management team. We are looking for applicants to join us for start dates in March, April, May and June. The busiest season for our Aerial team is Memorial Day - Labor Day, however we also have shoulder season opportunities in the spring and fall.
Aerial Guide applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their start date and have current First Aid and CPR certification prior to beginning work. Wilderness First Aid or higher is encouraged, but not required.
** Please note, online First Aid & CPR are not acceptable. **View Job Description
NOC Bike Mechanics work out of the Bike Shop on NOC’s main campus on the Nantahala River. Many Bike Mechanics also work as biking tour guides, and may have the option to cross-train in other adventure activities as well. Bike Mechanic applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their start date; current CPR and First Aid certifications are preferred but not required. The NOC Adventure Center is accepting Bike Mechanic applicants for the 2017 peak season summer months, as well as full-season guides (March through October). To view the full job description please visit the link below: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1036/bike-mechanic/jobView Job Description
Nantahala Outdoor Center Front Desk Reservationists work primarily in the Adventure Center, located along the banks of the beautiful Nantahala River. In this role the guest reservationist will be greeting guests as they arrive for their adventure, taking day-of reservations, checking guests in, accepting payment, and answering questions on area information and all NOC adventure activities. Ideal dates of employment would be from mid May until mid August. To view the full job description please follow this link: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1046/deck-reservationist/jobView Job Description
Come work with us! Work at one of the greatest Outfitter’s on Earth as one of our retail guides. Located on the edge of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park experience working with a team who have similar outdoor interests and love sharing their passion for the outdoors with our guests. Along with enjoying the trails of the park you will have access to many other NOC activities and gear discounts. To apply or view the full job description please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1017/gatlinburg-retail-associate/job **Please note: NOC does not offer housing at this location.View Job Description
The Nantahala is one of our most unique locations, providing outdoor recreation to thousands of guests per year. The Head Guides must live up to the high standards set during the company’s 40+ year history. Our Nantahala Head Guides are pivotal leaders within the company, directing most operational functions in our busiest rafting center while holding all Guides accountable to the NOC Core Values, and thus allowing NOC to provide once in a lifetime experiences to each guest. Each of the Head Guides must have a unique skill set to both instruct hard skills and handle a wide variety of logistics undertaken by the position. The opportunity to spend time on the water while also serving in a key leadership position makes this position highly desirable. To view the full job description please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1038/nantahala-head-guide/jobView Job Description
Retail Associates are expected to provide extraordinary guest experiences by proactively assisting all NOC guests that visit the store. NOC Retail Associates report directly to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and the daily Shift Managers. NOC retail employees should be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the outdoor adventures and products that the NOC promotes and sells. This is typically a seasonal position that runs from April through September, with some limited opportunity to run longer than that window.View Job Description
Join the NOC team as a Photographer/Photo Sales Associate for the 2018 Summer Season!! As a photographer at NOC, the river banks will become your office as you photograph NOC raft trips and private boaters as they run Nantahala Falls rapid on the Nantahala River. Photographers will not only capture the photos but also help to sell their shots to our guest in Photo Finish.
Applicants for a photos position at NOC should have great communication skills, a strong sense of guest service, and be enthusiastic about sharing outdoor activities with others. Applicants should enjoy working in a team setting, take direction well, and be able to work independently. Prior experience with customer service and/or sales is ideal, but not required.
For a full job description or to apply, please visit:
www.noccareers.comView Job Description
At the Nantahala Outdoor Center, our Reservationists are the first line of communication to our guests! They help guide the guest through the many outdoor adventures we offer. As a Reservationist, you enjoy the best combination of access to outdoor fun and the ability to earn more money based on your experience with our activities. We encourage our Reservationists to experience all of our activities through paid continuing education. This allows our Reservationists to experience, first-hand, the trips that they will be helping our guests book.
- Developing rapport with guests to help each reserve the best possible NOC itinerary to meet their needs, including day activities, clinics, instruction and lodging
- Providing knowledge to enhance the guest experience, including sharing information about NOC experiences: driving directions, what to bring, shopping, dining, and lodging options, NOC events, activities, and entertainment
- Understanding the particulars of the varying activities and departments to best respond to guests’ questions and redirect calls as necessary Other Reservations office tasks as assigned
Applicants should have great communication skills, a strong sense of guest service and enthusiasm for sharing outdoor activities with others. To ensure complete product knowledge and ability to direct guests to their perfect vacation activity, applicants should be interested in learning about all facets of NOC offerings.
Applicants must be able to sit for long periods of time, speak clearly and concisely and be self motivated to sustain productive work.
For a full job description or to apply, please visit:
www.noccareers.comView Job Description
Cooks for the Nantahala Outdoor Center may work at one of three restaurant locations on the NOC main campus: River’s End Restaurant, Big Wesser, and Relia’s Garden Restaurant. In some cases, cooks may be able to work at multiple restaurants, or cross-train to work in other NOC departments as well. All cook applicants must be at least 18 years of age. For a full job description please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1020/river%27s-end-restaurant-cook/jobView Job Description
This position’s primary focus will be working in the Paddlesports Department of the NOC Outfitters Store. Ideal candidates will have direct experience with selling paddlesports equipment; particularly whitewater kayaks, apparel, and equipment. Experience with recreational kayaks, canoes, rafts, and stand-up-paddle boards is also highly desirable. To view a full job description or to apply, please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1092/retail-template/jobView Job Description
Come and spend your summer on the river at Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)! The position of River Guide is a great opportunity to work on a new technical skill-set while growing your leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
NOC River Guides work on one of five different rivers: the Nantahala, French Broad, Pigeon, Ocoee and Chattooga. River Guide applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their start date, and have current First Aid and CPR certifications. This is a physically demanding position and is classified as summer seasonal. Due to the seasonal demand of our business, we are looking for applicants that are available for a minimum of 3 months and are available to work until, at least, August 12th. Applicants with shorter availability may still be considered based on hiring needs.
To view a full job description or to apply, please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1015/river-guide/jobView Job Description
Servers for the Nantahala Outdoor Center work primarily in River’s End Restaurant. Depending on availability, qualification and interest, Servers may also have the opportunity to work additionally in other aspects of the Food and Beverage operation, or in other departments. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. All individuals hired as wait staff will be responsible for completing side work, as well as any required front of house duties as directed by the manager on duty. To view the full job description please visit: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1026/river%27s-end-server/jobView Job Description
Enroll in NOC’s Raft Guide School where your classroom is the river! These fast-paced training programs provide you with the skills necessary to work as a professional river rafting guide. Work for commercial outfitters, camps, clubs, schools and more. NOC pioneered raft guide school as a place to get training from the top raft guides in the nation. You can learn to become a professional river guide at NOC’s Nantahala River headquarters, in western North Carolina.
To learn more or to sign up, please visit: http://noccareers.com/guide-school/View Job Description
- Train Big Wesser staff on NOC Guest service expectations, requirements, FOH food upsells and guest activities around the center.
- Responsible for profitability of operation,and budget adherence to include labor expense.
- Train staff on alcohol service procedures.
- Responsible for menu pricing and quality of product.
- Ensure staff follows established par levels for daily production requirements and assist with serving line set up.
- Perform daily inventories of products to insure inventory meets production demands and waste is limited.
- Responsible for FOH hospitality service to ensure the highest quality of products is served and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for staff following standards for proper food handling.
- Keep Director of Food & Beverage informed of all restaurant concerns keeping with quality service and production at all times.
- Write or review weekly schedules, ensuring restaurant is appropriately staffed, and ensure that all staff are fairly scheduled.
- Ensure adherence to the schedule by all staff.
- Ensure restaurant and surrounding area are clean and kept tidy.
- Communicate specials etc. to the serving staff and ensure they are mentioned to all guests.
- Report all general maintenance and equipment malfunctions to Director of Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for training staff on the proper maintenance of FOH equipment and use of MICROS, ADP Timeshare.
- Assist with hospitality/special events as needed.
- Ensure all customer queries and complaints are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a strong, capable team of workers.
- Review and appraise the performance of staff.
- Deal with staff issues following NOC procedures, keeping accurate records. Make sure all staff files are updated with HR.
- Report all incidents/accidents to management immediately. Complete necessary documentation.
- Be able to assume any station during shift as needed to promote efficient operation.
- Attend weekly meetings with Foodservice Management Team.
- Ensure payroll accuracy is maintained and payroll costs remain within budget.
- Update and maintain communication board and daily/weekly information to staff.
- Establish and update a process manual to set expectations and how each role functions.
- Maintain confidentiality on company/department matters.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in foodservice
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a management capacity
- Valid driver’s license to operate department vehicles
- Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as related to day-to-day responsibilities and health department regulations
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals and associated OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of NC Alcohol Laws and requirements and ServSafe certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ability to read recipes and understand measurements
- Ability to effectively lead, communicate, train and guide staff
- Ability to display/teach good guest service skills
- Able to communicate effectively and be a team player
- Dependable and organized. Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- ServSafe certified (preferred)
- Proficiency with MICROS, ADP Timeshare and Microsoft Excel preferred
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
View Job Description
- Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to seasonal dependent temperatures in working environment
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting
- Various repetitive motions to include bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting items over 25 pounds
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Shared work space
How to Apply
Most seasonal hiring occurs between February and May. Applications are accepted year round.
Please visit our careers page to apply!