Live the Colorado Dream at Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa. Hiring Now for the Summer Season!
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort and Spa is a highly regarded and environmentally friendly year-round resort in the heart of the Colorado Rockies.
We're located on 6000 acres of private wilderness, 65 miles west of Denver, 15 minutes from Winter Park Ski Resort, at the base of the Continental Divide.
About Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
Join the team of our nationally recognized, full-service resort!
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa has a wide variety of job opportunities available across the company. What do you gravitate towards and thrive in? Let us provide you with a work environment that allows you to demonstrate everything you have to offer. From Activities, Spa, and Reservations, to Culinary, Event Services, and Groundskeeping, the Ranch is sure to have a position to inspire, challenge, and fulfill your career aspirations.
Working here means benefiting from the same special experiences that make the resort an incredible guest retreat—from discounts on activities and retail, spa treatments, delicious food and lodging, transitional affordable housing to free shuttle service. Full-time employees also receive an attractive and competitive benefits package.
We are small enough that you can make a name for yourself, yet large enough that you can stay with us and advance. The Winter Park and Fraser, Colorado communities are exceptional places to call home, especially for individuals with adventurous spirits and a passion for the outdoors. Our mountain town setting will captivate you and keep you here through four spectacular seasons--we're a year-round employer waiting to connect with you.
Guest services include upscale accommodations, locally sourced fine dining options, and an array of year-round activities for anyone who appreciates the outdoors. Our guests love us for our laid-back luxury and our staff loves the natural beauty and adventure all around.
Our Company Philosophy
- We believe that emphasizing the personal touch--from the service and amenities we provide to the facilities we build-- enhances our guests’ experiences.
- We believe that a natural, outdoor experience can restore the body and the soul through the natural beauty that surrounds us.
- We believe that business should be fun.
- We believe that giving back to the community adds to the success of the community, the company, and our employees.
- We believe that surrounding oneself with creativity and beauty is important in nurturing the mind and spirit.
- We believe that good health is essential to a good life.
"Great employees provide the difference between a beautiful place and a beautiful place that's memorable because of the people who work there."
~ Bob Fanch, Owner of Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort and Spa
Our ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors, is environmentally conscious, has a positive and professional attitude, and enjoys the simple pleasures of living in a small mountain community.
Room and Board
Working and living at Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
We offer furnished, communal employee housing on a first-come, first-serve basis for staff members working a minimum on average of at least 35 hours/week.
- Shared bedroom spaces vary from $300-$550 per month.
- All utilities, including water, sewer, electric, heat, Wi-Fi, laundry, snow plowing, and trash removal are included in the room rate.
- Residences have a common area kitchen and living room and shared laundry facilities.
- Linens are not provided. Bed sizes vary.
- Residences are located 1.5 miles-7 miles from the Ranch, depending on placement.
Resources to find housing in the community include workingrand.com, craigslist.org, the Grand County Online Garage Sale Facebook page, and skyhinews.com. Be sure to check the towns of Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, and Granby, which are within 10-20 minutes' driving distance to the Ranch.
More than just beautiful scenery, our employees receive the following perks throughout our property:
- A choice between a 50% discounted season pass to Winter Park Ski Resort (available November-January) or a 50% discounted 6-month pass to Grand Park Rec Center
- Complimentary use of cross-country ski and mountain bike trails
- Complimentary yoga classes on select days
- 25% discount on spa services and retail
- $50 spa treatments on select days
- 25% discount in restaurants
- 25% discount at Zach's Mercantile
- 25% discount on fly fishing tours
- 25% off horseback rides
- 25% discount on mountain bike rentals
- Discounted zip line tours
- Discounted lodging rates for friends and family
- Employee events and volunteering opportunities
Getting Here and Getting Around
Living in the Rocky Mountains isn't easy without a car, but we do have transportation options to get you here and while you're working at the Ranch.
Home James Shuttle:
- Will bring directly to Devil’s Thumb Ranch
- Available from Denver Union Station
- Drops off in downtown Winter Park
- Available from Denver Union Station
- Drops off in downtown Fraser
- Flat rate of roughly $120
- Good option for multiple arrivals
- Will pick up from airport and bring directly to Devil’s Thumb Ranch
Transportation once you arrive:
Free employee shuttle:
- Picks up from employee housing multiple times daily
Fun is around every corner at Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa. We have multiple activities on the property and in the surrounding community to keep you busy this summer season.
- Zip lining
- Horseback riding
- White water rafting
- Hot springs
- Mountain biking
- Fly fishing
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Live music
- Rock climbing