Yellowstone is an unparalleled World Heritage Site and renowned vacation destination. The lucky few who work here can tell stories of adventure, life-changing experiences, professional evolution, and lifelong friendships. It is a truly inspiring place to live and play.
You’ll have a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to engage with various cultures, gain invaluable career experience, and be challenged to create the life you want to live.
Search all of our Current Job Openings. Now hiring for many year-round positions!
Summer 2019 hiring will begin in late October 2018. Connect with us to stay in touch!
Start planning ahead for 2019!
We operate 9 lodging facilities, 31 restaurants, and 5 campgrounds inside Yellowstone. Our season runs from April to October. While preference is given to applicants able to work an entire season, we do hire people who can work for a shorter time period.
Positions start at 40 hours per week (time and a half is paid above 40 hours). Your assigned role may vary based on your experience level as well as our business needs. When you apply for seasonal work in Yellowstone, you may be considered for the following positions.
View Job Description
- Kitchen crew (prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of food service areas)
- Room attendant (clean and prepare guest rooms)
- Laundry (wash, dry, fold, count, and sort sheets, towels, blankets, tablecloths, napkins and more)
- Front of the House - Host, Server, Server Assistant (provide excellent guest service in an efficient manner)
- Cooks (prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cooks line and appropriate prep areas)
- Front desk (provide excellent guest service, register guests, assign guest rooms and cabins, make, confirm, assist, and cancel reservations)
The Fire Alarm Systems Technician is based out of the Fire Systems Cache in Gardiner, MT and performs fire alarm system maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and testing throughout Yellowstone National Park. This is a year-round, full-time position. The base wage is $23.50 - $30.50 per hour depending on certification(s) and experience. Company housing is not provided for this position.
The Fire Sprinkler Systems Technician is responsible for:
View Job Description
- Performing NFPA and National Park Service (NPS) required inspections and testing of fire alarm systems in Xanterra operated buildings located in the developed locations within Yellowstone National Park (Gardiner, Mammoth Hot Springs, Canyon Village, Old Faithful, Lake Yellowstone Area, Grant Village, Madison Campground and Roosevelt Lodge).
- Reviewing contractor provided designs for new fire alarm system installations to ensure NFPA standards and that the completed installation meets all code and contractual requirements.
- Overseeing contracted fire alarm system repair and maintenance work to ensure code, NPS and Xanterra requirements / standards and contractual requirements are satisfied.
- Coordinating fire alarm system maintenance, repair, inspection and testing activities with Location Maintenance staffs, Location Operations staffs and the National Park Service.
- Training seasonal Fire System Crew staff in proper alarm system repair, maintenance, inspection and testing procedures and practices.
- Training Location Maintenance and Operations staff in basic alarm system principles, inspection and troubleshooting.
- Compliance with Xanterra’s sustainability program.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
The Plumber is a full-time, year-round position located in the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park with the benefit of a modern, one-bedroom, company-provided apartment. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
A Day in the Life of a Plumber: performs plumbing assessments, preventative maintenance, and the repair/replacement of new and/or existing plumbing systems.
View Job Description
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Company Housing
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
The Craftsman Lead is a full-time, year-round position located in the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. This position provides technical skills to effectively perform maintenance and repair activities and assists the Maintenance Management team in training, scheduling, and leading Craftsmen in maintenance and repair activities.
A modern, one-bedroom, company apartment is provided. During the winter season, the only access to and from the Old Faithful location is by snow coach or snowmobile. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.View Job Description