Our TOUR GUIDE position involves providing a fun and informative narration onboard the train via a public address system during 2 to 6 hour tours. Throughout the day you will be interacting with guests on an individual and group basis while actively loading trains, providing tour information and participating in our retail sales program during the journey. As a number of our tours enter Canada, eligible candidates must have a valid passport.
We offer competitive pay, employee housing, and performance-based incentives.
Our TICKET OFFICE AND RESERVATION STAFF position involves providing professional tour information in person, over the phone and via email. Staff assists with guest questions regarding our tour products and Skagway in general. You will be required to participate in train loading at the depot and assisting guests with finding tours.
Our BARISTA position involves providing excellent customer service in a fast pace, high volume Coffee Bar. We strive to serve exemplary espresso and give friendly individualized attention towards each guest. Baristas will be required to familiarize themselves with the local coffee we brew and sell along with the stocking and cleaning of the retail portion of our shops and behind the bar.
Our RETAIL CLERK position involves providing excellent customer service to our guests in a fast pace environment promoting sales, stocking, merchandising, and accurately recording orders placed over the phone. Staff is required to provide concise information to guests about the WP&YR schedules, history and other visitor information.
Our TRAIN STOCKER position involves replenishing and controlling onboard inventory including water, collateral and gift shop sales items. Must be able to work in a team, be independent and self-motivated to get the job done in a fast paced environment. Valid driver’s license and ability to lift at least 50 lbs. is a must.
Our DOCK REPRESENTATIVE position is the friendly first contact with our guests on the cruise pier as they disembark the ship. Throughout the day you will be interacting with guests on an individual and group basis while greeting & answering questions, facilitating train loading and providing a link between the company and the cruise line shore excursion departments.
- Greet cruise ship guests on the pier in a friendly and approachable way
- Work directly with cruise line shore excursion personnel regarding train product sales
- Serve as a liaison between onboard train personnel and passengers when loading the train
- Field and answer questions from guests in a helpful and courteous manner
- Count tickets and settle for daily sales with cruise ship personnel
- Assist with loading/unloading up to 600 passengers in a safe and timely manner
- Directing cruise ship passengers on pier to proper tour location
- Perform crossing guard duties as needed
- Educate guests on the various WP&YR tour options while providing an opportunity to further pier side sales
- Enthusiasm for the Skagway and the White Pass Product
- Applicants should be friendly, reliable and enjoy working in a team setting
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Strong public speaking skills – ability to communicate important information to the public and to coworkers
- Customer service experience a must
- Knowledge of Skagway and all tours that combine with the train
- First Aid & CPR certification (company will offer course)
- Troubleshooting skills
- We are actively seeking candidates who can speak other languages fluently, in particular Spanish and Japanese, however any foreign language skills are a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outdoors in the elements
- Valid Driver’s License Required
How to Apply
Be sure to check out our video highlighting the many jobs that make our operation run smoothly. We are sure you will want to join our team!
“Choo Choo” Choose Us for Summer Fun! Visit our website to view the video and submit an application* online by clicking APPLY HERE
* Please note that we are not accepting H-1B Visa candidate applications for the 2022/2023 season.
* Our operating season is from May-October.