***Please note that while we are currently accepting applications for the 2020 summer season, the Town of Mountain Village will not be reviewing nor processing any applications until we have a better expectation as to when we will begin operating the Gondola for the 2020 summer season—originally scheduled for May 21. We will continue to update this advertisement as we gain more clarity as to when we expect to resume operating the Gondola during the 2020 summer season***
- $15 per hour PLUS $1.00 per hour end of season bonus!
- four day work weeks allows plenty of time to explore the Telluride region, the San Juan Mountains and neighboring national parks
- some furnished employee housing available
LOCATION: Mountain Village, Colorado
EXPERIENCE: No experience required
START DATE: Job starts immediately!
Projected 2020 Summer Season Dates: June 15, 2020 - October 18, 2020
Our friendly front-line employees are responsible for loading passengers safely while sharing their knowledge and passion about the gondola, local recreational opportunities, and fabulous restaurants that Mountain Village/Telluride has to offer. Many of our seasonal employees work a season and then they are off to their next adventure, however, many stay on for multiple seasons or even go on to become full-time year-round employees. We offer a generous benefits package for both seasonal and full-time year-round employees. Regardless of what your plans are, as soon as you arrive you are welcomed by the team, the community and feel as if you are surrounded by good friends.
- Pay is $15/hr plus $1.00 per hour bonus upon completion of the season.
- Four day work weeks
- Commuter shuttles may be available for $2 a ride to/from Montrose, Norwood, and Cortez.
- Free public transportation
- Season Ski Pass (winter season only)
- Furnished employee housing is available
- Employees must be able to work in all weather conditions at 10,000 feet and stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- DOT drug testing
- Full job description
- The 13-minute (3 miles) gondola ride connects the two towns of Mountain Village and Telluride
- The gondola cabins can transport 900 people per hour between two towns. It would take 18 fifty passenger buses to drive the 8-mile trip resulting in more people on the road and more pollutants in the air.
- Every 2nd cabin allows pets; there are wheelchair accessible cabins in addition to summer bike racks and winter ski/snowboard racks
- A gondola cabins travel about 11 mph at full speed
- The longest section of the gondola has a vertical rise of 1,778 feet and is over 5,750 feet long.
- The highest station is Station St. Sophia at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level.
- Employee housing IS available- the Living situation is a fully furnished shared 1 bedroom Village Court Apartment. Summer 2019 Employee Housing is currently available.
- Employees are paired with a member of the same-sex (couples or friends may be paired together space permitting)
- Rent is automatically payroll deducted bi-weekly ($279.75 summer season per pay period per person during winter season only rent is $290.00)
- Unit is fully furnished - kitchen includes full sized appliances and dishwasher
- All bills paid - cable tv included (the internet is the employee's responsibility)
- $500 deposit $50 Admin Fee and parking permit fee required. (Parking permit subject to availability.)
- Everything you need is within walking distance or a gondola ride away, so there is no need to bring a vehicle. Onsite parking is limited and first come first serve.
- Must be employed as a full-time seasonal employee to live in Employee Housing
- Contact HR@mtnvillage.org for additional information
Other Housing Options
- Village Court Apartments in Mountain Village: a five-minute walk from the gondola, chairlift, grocery store, Nordic skiing/ biking/ hiking trails. Offers studio, one, two, and three-bedroom rentals. Minimal dog rental units are available.
- Big Billie's (summer season only) in Mountain Village: For more information, contact email@example.com 970-728-7470.
- Telluride Daily Planet: The classifieds are a great place to look for house/apartment rentals as well as "roommates wanted".
- The San Miguel Regional Housing Authority provides assistance in finding affordable housing to fit your needs.
Contact: HR@mtnvillage.org with any questions.