We're currently hiring staff for our fall conference season to work and live on beautiful Fallen Leaf Lake outside of sunny South Lake Tahoe!
Stanford Sierra Conference Center is located on the shores of Fallen Leaf Lake in Northern California. We serve groups of various needs and sizes up to 200 people. Every spring and fall we employ a happy team of diverse staff to continually exceed our guest's expectations.
Fallen Leaf Lake is located on the outskirts of Lake Tahoe in California.
About Stanford Sierra Conference Center
We are located on Fallen Leaf Lake, just five miles from South Lake Tahoe, California. Our beautiful location offers some of the best hiking, biking, boating and living in the Sierra Nevada! Want proof? Check our Instagram!
Each spring, from April to June, and each fall, from September to November, we form a tight-knit community in our picturesque mountain home. We look for good workers, but also good people - reliable, interesting individuals who respect themselves and others and can handle the responsibilities of living and working in a small, diverse community. The most successful staff members are team players who are compatible with the service industry, hard-working, enthusiastic, appreciative of our beautiful natural setting and take pride in a job well done.
- You're adventurous, love the outdoors and want to experience our truly unique surroundings.
- You're a people person and enjoy providing exceptional guest service experiences, whether that experience is preparing an amazing meal with fresh, high quality ingredients or serving that meal to a table full of excited guests.
- You're easy to get along with in and out of work.
- You work well in a team as well as independently.
- You're professional in both appearance and attitude.
- You take pride in your work, view no goal or task as menial, and enjoy the diversity of varying responsibilities and work shifts that occur in the day to day running of a resort/conference center.
Room and Board
Staff members share rustic lake view cabins. Most cabins have bathrooms, though a few have a shared bathroom/shower cluster nearby. Housing is FREE (yes, free lakeside livin') with a small, fully refundable housing deposit.
The food is delicious, healthy, plentiful, and FREE!! Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available. You eat what the guests do—even if that's elk steak, seared scallops, or fresh baked pastries.
There is daytime access to the Fountain (our on-site gift shop/convenience store) for staff, as well as 24/7 access to a staff fridge where the kitchen staff stock our tasty leftovers. Our staff are privy to a discount on everything we sell in the fountain.
- Wages start at $14.00 per hour, plus tips, and a discretionary end-of-season bonus.
- Tips are pooled and distributed to all hourly staff.
- Perks include full use of the recreational facilities including, but not limited to:
- Watercraft such as kayaks, standup paddle boards, sailboats, etc
- Sports facilities such as tennis courts, volleyball court, and the basketball court
- Outdoor recreational opportunities such as miles of hiking trails in and around Desolation Wilderness, mountain bike trails, and the beaches and waters of Fallen Leaf Lake and Lake Tahoe
- We have a staff lounge area with computers, printers, and telephones.
- Meals and lodging are provided at no cost to you!!
- Payday occurs twice a month.
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are located about 20 minutes from South Lake Tahoe, CA. The closest and most convenient airport is Reno / Tahoe Int’l. From the airport the South Tahoe Express shuttle bus will take you to the Stateline area where we'll pick you up.
Amtrak services our area with a shuttle bus from the “Y” intersection in South Lake Tahoe to a rail connection in Sacramento, CA. Please see our website for specific details regarding driving directions and shuttle information.
Once you're here and settled in you'll find there's very little reason to need to go into town but opportunities frequently arise. The staff who choose to drive here are good about offering rides to staff without vehicles.
Bikes are encouraged and are a great way to get around and experience the area!!
We have a diverse range of activities for our staff to enjoy. From mild to wild, there's always something to do. Take out a sailboat, standup paddle board, or a kayak and enjoy the lake for a while. You can play basketball, volleyball, or tennis on the courts. Maybe you'll want to grab a book, play some music, hang with fellow staffers, find somewhere quiet to sketch the lake, or write a letter while curling up in the sun on the boat dock. Maybe you're feeling feisty and want to take a run up Angora Ridge. The possibilities are endless.
Your two days off are the perfect opportunity for extended adventures wherever you want to go. Many staffers take time to explore the beautiful peaks, lakes, and trails of Desolation Wilderness (the pristine national wilderness area literally in our backyard). Groups of staffers have taken overnight trips to visit friends in the Bay Area, trips to hot springs, and visits to the staff favorite Yosemite National Park!
How to Apply
We're currently hiring for our fall conference season which will run from August 31st to November 12th!! Learn more about working here and fill out an application by clicking APPLY HERE below!