Every year we hire nearly 200 seasonal employees to meet our summer seasonal needs. Some departments gear up in late March, while most job openings begin in early May and go through September, some extending into October. At a minimum, seasonal candidates are expected to be available through Sunday, September 27, 2020.
Positions in all of our departments will be available which include: Restaurants, Events, Hotel, Housekeeping, Retail, Spa, Marina, Guest Services, Grounds, Accounting and the Roche Harbor Market.
Description: Works in the hotel to clean guest rooms, public areas and process laundry. Must be able to work as a team player to ensure attention to detail and excellent guest experience. Lodging units range from single bed room without a bathroom, to four bedroom house with kitchen.
- Ability to lift and move moderate weight
- Ability to bend at knees, climb stairs
- Remain on one's feet for extended periods of time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dedicated to providing excellent levels of job performance at a fast pace (based on guest check out and check in times)
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
Experience Required: 1 year seasonal housekeeping or equivalent.
Start: June 22, 2020
End: September 27, 2020
Employee Housing Available: Limited
Wage: $13.50-$15.00 per hour depending on experience and quality/quantity of work performed. Opportunity for full-time, year round employment, which includes benefits. Plus a $5.00 per hour worked bonus paid each week (average hours per week is 40 x $5 = $200 bonus PER WEEK).
Description: Madrona Bar & Grill is the out door dining hot spot of Roche Harbor Resort. With outdoor deck seating right on the water, weekend live music, and our Pacific Northwest bistro menu, for lunch and dinner this is the place to relax, hang out, and dine. Madrona’s friendly and outing crew is looking for a team member to value and assist with creating a menu that features high quality local products, which are combined to create fresh and innovative appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees.
- Excellent knowledge in kitchen fundamentals, workplace safety and menu concepts
- Enhanced techniques and skills in menu preparation on a large volume
- Ability to work in a team and take direction with urgency
- Strong experience in prep, grill, sauté, oven and pantry
- Station opening/closing procedures, station inventory/production pars, food order production
Experience Required/Qualifications: 2-3 years cooking in a fast paced bistro style restaurant or culinary degree
Wage: $15.00-$17.00/ depending on experience
Season Completion Bonus: DOE
Housing available: Yes
Start Date: April 27, 2020
End Date: October 25, 2020
Description: Madrona Bar & Grill is the summer dining hot spot of Roche Harbor Resort. With outdoor deck seating and our Pacific Northwest bistro menu, for lunch and dinner it is fast paced and hard to find a seat. Madrona’s menu features high quality local products, which are combined to create fresh appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees, served in a fun, relaxing, and social environment
- Ability to maintain sales and profit, workplace safety, housekeeping standards, labor cost, food and beverage cost & quality, and crew image
- Efficient communication skills
- Solid leadership skills that model excellence, confidence, teamwork, and create a motivational work environment
- Able to provide quick and effective support and leadership concerning all areas of a restaurant
- Sense of urgency with a hands on approach
Experience Required/Qualifications: 2-3 years in bistro style dining with late night entertainment
Season Completion Bonus: DOE
Housing available: Yes
Start Date: April 22, 2020
End Date: October 1, 2020
Gardens & Grounds Landscape Maintenance
Description: This is a Full-Time Position, looking for someone who wants a long- term landscaping position at a resort where you are appreciated. This job has Growth potential and Fabulous Benefits!
We are a very small crew that does it all. We are the aesthetics of Roche Harbor & take great pride in keeping every area beautiful. Because of the diverse needs of our job our skills also need to be diverse. From sweeping up trash, fixing pavers, weed eating hillsides, filling potholes, deadheading flowers, re-planting pots & hanging baskets, raking up leaves, pruning hedges, hula-hoeing planting beds, blowing off parking lots, pruning perennials, we do it all.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, walk & work on feet all day, bend over for prolonged time, work on knees….must be an agile worker in good physical shape
- Must speak English
- Execute directions efficiently and effectively
- Maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced environment & switch tasks as needed
- Quick paced and an active worker with a lot of Hustle in your step
- Work in all weather conditions including heat, rain, cold
- Great eye for detail
- Knowledge of Drip irrigation system is a plus
- Basic pruning knowledge
- Basic plant knowledge of NW plants
- Work on a a latter
- Use landscape equipment, hedgers, pole pruners, weed eaters, ect.
- Valid driver’s license & can drive manual transmission
- Strong upper body strength and stamina for overhead pruning
- Self motivated
- Enjoy hard work, working outside, dependable & optimistic
Wage: $17.00/$19.00 hour, DOE with Benefits & Growth potential
Housing available: Limited
Start Date: July 2020
Description: McMillin's Dining Room is a Pacific Northwest casual fine dining restaurant. The menu, service, and atmosphere at McMillin’s Dining Room has been bringing in regulars for decades. With water views and an engaging and social guest environment, this is where our guests come to relax and enjoy fine dining at Roche Harbor Resort. McMillin’s features high quality Northwest products that are prepared from scratch.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs and easily bend at the waist
- Work with efficiency and urgency
- Ensure smooth operations of guest service
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to quickly learn in a fast pace environment
- Work well in a team
- Pre-bussing tables
- Clearing plates, silverware etc
- Clearing tables once guests have departed and resetting the tables
Experience Required/Qualifications: 1 year serving experience or bussing
Wage: $13.50 per hour + Tips
Housing available: Very Limited
Start Date: April 27, 2020
End Date: October 27, 2020
- Work apprx. 32-50 hours per week with up to 2 days off; excluding Holidays
- Shifts range from 6-10 hours/5-6 days per week and cashiers will be trained/scheduled to work any shift (ie AM opening, PM closing, mid-day)
- Staff required to wear a uniform Shirt and name Tag provided by Roche Harbor
- Traditional summer holidays are considered normal working days and no pay differential is given.
- Success in this position requires outstanding guest/customer service skills, ability to process sales transactions using a computerized, Point of Sale (POS) cash register, accurate cash handling with an attention for detail.
- Accept cash, check or credit card payments; complete daily cash reports
- Work as part of a Team environment
- Other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Manager or Shift Supervisor
- Age 18+ - including a High School graduation or G.E.D.
- Accept direction/coaching from Shift Supervisor
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Ability to proficiently use a computerized, Point of Sale (POS) cash register
- Ability to accurately handle cash and complete daily closing reports
- Demonstrate consistent work ethic with Positive Attitude
- Demonstrate ability to maintain positive working relationships with all co-workers
- Enjoy a fast-paced atmosphere
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Willing to assist with Product Receiving & Merchandising as assigned
- Attend Alcohol Training Class, provided by Roche Harbor
Experience Required: Previous retail sales experience helpful
Wage: $13.50 per hour
Benefits: Paid Lunch Break (30 min); employee discount (excluding the Market)
Housing: Limited Availability
Start Date: April 1, 2020 and June 1, 2020
End Date: Labor day weekend or later
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE OUR OPERATIONAL MESSAGE RELATED TO COVID 19!
We hope to resume reviewing applications in late April.
If you're interested in an experience you'll remember for a lifetime, please complete our on-line application! International Candidates please note the following:
Roche Harbor is currently accepting applications for J-1 Visa holders for the 2020 season.
Thank You for your interest in Roche Harbor.