Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge welcomes guests for the 2019 season from May 25 - September 7, 2019.
Commonly open positions:
- Island Chefs / Cooks
- Island Maintenance
- Guest Services/ Room Attendant / Guest Activities / Servers
- Customer Service Agent / Dishwasher / Gift Shop
Explore our current job openings below and click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Safety, anticipating guest needs, honoring our surroundings, and bringing your best every day are the core values we live by in order to provide dynamic guest service provided in all Fox Island facilities. As a Maintenance Technician, you will undertake the responsibility to preserve the condition and functionality of the premises, making improvements as necessary. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety to include; delivering propane to all buildings on the island, daily water farm and wastewater checks, maintain the buildings, guest rooms, and grounds in the best possible condition. You will have a range of duties and responsibilities to include:
- Surveying buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards and regulations
- Performing maintenance of electrical systems and manual repairs when necessary
- Assisting in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintaining heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Conducting general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
View Job Description
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Must obtain an Alaska Food Handlers card
- Experience in the maintenance field Participate in the provisioning of the island to include loading and unloading of supply vessels, conducting inventories and properly and safely storing items
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to traverse uneven terrain daily in all-weather elements
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Guest service oriented
- Basic computer knowledge to keep up with maintenance requests and DEC record keeping reports on all systems
How to Apply
Life is not one-size-fits-all, and neither are we. These experiences have the potential to change lives.
Are you ready? Apply now to make your dream summer in Alaska a reality.