Summer season on Maine's most beautiful island
Jobs in the Spotlight
We employ about 30 individuals throughout the summer, filling a variety of positions. Our season runs from May 25th through October 8th. It is very important that each employee is available to work the entire season.
We're searching for a skilled, energetic, highly-motivated Line Cook with a passion for hospitality, who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This position is responsible for all aspects of food preparation up to and including final presentation for delivery to guests. Responsibilities will include food preparation tasks as assigned by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, including food preparation, stocks and other basic tasks, as well as protein fabrication, soup and sauce making and other techniques. Will clean work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift; assist with receiving deliveries to the kitchen. Must be able to take direction and follow recipes. Will work in a supervised environment.
Education: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
View Job Description
- Minimum 4 years culinary training and experience;(or) equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of food preparation and fine dining cooking
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Previous Line Cook experience in a fine dining restaurant
How to Apply
Can you commit to a full season of work from May 24th through October 14th?
If so, please email a brief cover letter, resume, and references to apply. Please check out our website to learn more about our hotel and Monhegan Island.