Explore the North Shore of Lake Superior and Superior Hiking Trail from your doorstep!
A landmark property on the North Shore of Lake Superior since 1927, Cascade Lodge is the premier resort on Lake Superior's North Shore featuring log cabins, historic main lodge and restaurant & pub. Miles of wild and accessible Lake Superior shoreline and completely surrounded by one one of Minnesota's finest state parks, Cascade River State Park, with access to Superior Hiking Trail and BWCA.
Cascade Lodge is located on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Lutsen, Minnesota. Cascade Lodge has numerous hiking, Nordic skiing, and snowmobile trails going through the property.
About Cascade Lodge
Cascade Lodge, established 1927, is a landmark property on the North Shore of Lake Superior surrounded on three sides by Cascade River State Park. Cascade Lodge offers a warm, inviting environment with log cabins and lodge rooms that display rustic charm and modern amenities in an extraordinary natural setting.
Restaurant & Pub at Cascade Lodge offers authentic North Shore ambiance with a nod to Irish public houses and is committed to sourcing local and seasonal ingredients featured on a casual and approachable menu. Beer on drought, exciting wines by the glass list, and inspired craft cocktails are perfect provisions for a truly relaxing and inviting experience.
Cascade Lodge is conveniently located nearby Lutsen Mountain Ski area and Superior National at Lutsen Golf Course. Miles of hiking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, snow shoeing and snowmobiling trails start from the lodge and cabins.
The Employee Experience
We have a diverse team of 25. We host 5-7 J1 students every year, and have North Shore locals holding a majority of our year-round positions. Our setting is incredible and our lodge gets very busy. We value hard work and team spirit. Feeling appreciated and successful is very important to us, and we want to foster those feelings in everyone who is part of our team. We are located 10 miles to the largest ski resort in the midwest, and 10 miles to Grand Marais, which is voted best small town in the midwest by USA Today. We like to fish, camp, hike, ski and share adventure stories with our guests.
We are looking for dependable and hard-working individuals who appreciate the great outdoors and are coming to the Cascade Lodge not only to work but to explore. We live in such an amazing place and would like to share it with other individuals who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, canoeing, skiing, and snowshoeing. We are open year-round with our peak season being summer. There is plenty of opportunity to really take advantage of time and explore this great area!
Room and Board
We offer year round shared employee housing with shared bath and kitchen at a rate of $6 per day. Everyone on the team gets a free shift meal. 50% discount on food is available at the restaurant and pub.
- 50% off food at the restaurant
- Free use of canoes
- Free use of Nordic ski equipment
- Free use of snowshoes
- Free use of trekking poles
Hike, bike, canoe, ski, snowshoe, downhill ski, snow-machine, fish, swim in small lakes (Lake Superior is way too cold :), take a skill class at the North House Folk School and learn an amazing skill such as canoe building, glass blowing, or woodcarving...
We are hiring Food and Beverage employees as well as Guest Service/Caretaker positions.
Our main season is summer time from end of May until end of September. Fall and Winter seasons are more quiet and we do a lot of improvements inside and around the property. Depending on the snowfall, winter can get quite busy with snowmobiles riders and cross-country skiers.
Experienced Housekeeper with fun and positive outlook on life and work.
- Performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensuring all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies
We are looking for a professional Housekeeper able of attending to our lodge with integrity and attention to detail.
The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests that will become a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our reputation.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school degree
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Report for duty punctually, in the correct uniform.
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, etc).
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths.
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains, dries and stacks items after washing.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using trolley/basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- May assist with food preparation, such as blending soups, washing and peeling vegetables and shellfish.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, barbecue, etc.)
- May help set up barbecue equipment such as charcoal pits and food warmers.
- Understand and practice the principles of environmental stewardship throughout the Lodge and Restaurant.
- Any other reasonable requests made by Management.
- Assist Food & Beverage management team with stock-take as requested.
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc, on special functions/busy periods.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
How to Apply
Apply by emailing your resume or filling out our online application.