Historic Lodge on Lake Superior Looking for a Seasonal Housekeeper
Jobs in the Spotlight
Make Money and Have Fun on the North Shore of Lake Superior
We are hiring Food and Beverage employees as well as Guest Service/Caretaker positions.
Our main season is summer time from beginning of May until end of October. Fall and Winter seasons are quieter but still plenty busy and just stunning. Depending on the snowfall, winter can get quite busy with snowmobiles riders and cross-country skiers.
The Kitchen Steward is required to maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas in a clean and sanitary manner by following the cleaning schedules and adhering to the Health & Hygiene Regulations and Restaurant policy and procedures.Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Report for duty punctually.
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, etc).
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths.
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains, dries and stacks items after washing.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using trolley/basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- Understand and practice the principles of environmental stewardship throughout the Lodge and Restaurant.
- Any other reasonable requests made by Management.
- Assist Food & Beverage management team with stock-take as requested.
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc, on special functions/busy periods.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Seasonal Position with attractive end of season bonus. Position available September-April, closed for two weeks at the end of November (great time to travel or relax before busy holidays).
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities: • Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment. • Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served. • Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures. • Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period. • Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications. • Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment. • Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating. • Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. • Handles, stores and rotates all products properly. • Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed. • Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen. • Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement. • Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
May-October Seasonal Position!
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to provide our guests with a memorable, above expectation dining experience through knowledgeable and personable service. Duties & Responsibilities: • Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them. • Inform guests of specials and menu changes. • Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy. • Answer questions about our food, beverages and other bar and hotel functions and services. • Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar. • Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter. • Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by sidework checklist. • Maintain clean service areas. • Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests. • Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable). • Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise. • Be ready and willing to assist with prompt clearing and resetting of tables. • Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return. • Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant. • Fulfill other assignments related to the restaurant operations as directed by the supervisor and kitchen manager.
Houskeeper with fun and positive outlook on life and work. Full-time or seasonal position. Housing available.
- Performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensuring all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies
We are looking for housekeepers that are motivated and have great attention to detail.
The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests that will become a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our reputation.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school degree
How to Apply
Apply by emailing your resume or filling out our online application.