To participate in the preparation of food in one of our restaurants. The employee will assemble items for various entrees to certain standards and specifications. A successful candidate will help fulfill our mission to deliver exceptional hospitality to all guests. This position can be held at Coho Café or the Bluefin Grille.
SAMPLING OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and assembles various meal items in a timely manner
- Follows instructions and recipes
- Keeps a sanitary and organized workstation
- Restocks items as needed
- Uses and maintains cooking station and equipment
- Assists with cleaning, sanitation and other organizational duties
- Provides support to the cooking staff and preforms any additional tasks requested by Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve, be self-motivated and organized.
- Committed to quality service.
Education and Experience
Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation standards, inventory and control systems or the ability and desire to learn.
Verbal communication skills to interact with coworkers is a plus. Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Ability to speak and hear
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds. (Assistance will be provided for heavy items.)
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally, in an indoor setting but can include an occasional outdoor barbeque.
- Occasional computer use
- Varying schedule to include weekends, weekdays, evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- Frequent exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment
- Moderate to loud work level
Waves of Superior Spa is located within the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts in Tofte, Minnesota on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior. Full and part time positions available for our winter season December through March, with the possibility of year round work.
- Successful applicants must be graduates of a state licensed school.
- Solid business levels, effective COVID-19 safety strategy in place.
- Very competitive compensation package including hourly wage, commission, and gratuity.
- Employees also enjoy access to resort activities and discounts.
- Onsite housing is available.
- Waves of Superior Spa is an Eminence Spa, and has been voted “Best Resort Spa” by readers of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
This is a great opportunity for work experience in a professional Spa environment in a gorgeous part of the country.
To view more information on this spa please visit www.bluefinbay.com/spa.
Job Title: Night Houseman
Days of Week: Flexible, 5 days per week, 8 hour shift
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Front Desk Manager
Summary: This shift operates in the afternoon into the evening. The Night Runner’s primary goal is to assist guests with various tasks as needed. The Night Runner will also oversee property maintenance as detailed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for guest deliveries (food deliveries, in room delivery)
- Resolve basic maintenance issues in a guest unit
- Responsible for overseeing company vehicle
- Conduct site checks and make sure everything is in proper order
- Assist in shuttling guests when needed
- Keep pools stocked with necessary guest items
- Overseeing property grounds
- Assist Front Desk as needed
- Perform other tasks as designated by the Guest Services Manager
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
The Night Runner is expected to stand for periods of times as well as be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; includes appropriate people in the decision making process.
You can find out more about these positions by visiting our website at https://www.bluefinbay.com/employment-opportunities/. We look forward to hearing from you!
Inspects guest units prior to guest and owner arrival for cleanliness and quality, ensuring Bluefin Bay’s standards.
SAMPLING OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides superior customer service both internally with coworkers and externally with guests.
- Inspects guest units using the housekeeping departments scoring procedure. Enters scores into productivity program. Communicates with coworkers on any cleanliness issues.
- Reports rooms ready for occupancy after ensuring cleanliness is up to standards. Some light cleaning may apply.
- Stocks and/or maintains specified products in required quantities to adequately clean assigned units.
- Completes the daily unit assignments; correctly identifying the status of each assigned unit and, reports any maintenance problems or product shortages.
- Maintains security for guests and property by keeping unit doors and windows shut and locked at all times; setting the thermostats to proper temperature for the season, reporting any suspicious activity by guests or others; properly labeling lost and found articles and turning them in daily; observing all other security and safety regulations as set forth.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the executive housekeeper or supervisor: (i.e. cleaning public or employee restrooms, washing windows, working in laundry, or training new employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
Housekeeping and customer service experience preferred. Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers and supervisor. Must have a strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; up to six months related experience or training. Individual must have ability to work flexible working hours including weekend, weekdays and holidays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Rubber gloves and face mask are provided as required or needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job occasionally requires long working hours.
Waves of Superior Spa is now hiring: Esthetician, Cosmetologist, Massage Therapists
Waves of Superior Spa is located within the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts in Tofte, Minnesota
on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior.
Full and part time positions available for our busiest season May/June through October/November,
with the possibility of year round work.
Successful applicants must be graduates of a state licensed school.
Dual licensed therapists encouraged to apply.
Very competitive compensation package including hourly wage, commission, and gratuity.
Employees also enjoy access to resort benefits and discounts.
Onsite housing is available.
Solid business levels with proven successful Covid-19 operating plan in place.
Waves of Superior Spa is an Eminence Spa.
This is a great opportunity for work experience
in a professional spa environment in a gorgeous part of the country.
***Must desire a full time year round role. Cannot be seasonal.***
Job Title: Assistant Grille Manager
Department: Bluefin Grille
Reports To: Grille and Events Manager – Tessa Paquette
Salaried Position: Ranging from $35,000 - $41,000
Summary: Assists in management of Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts’ Bluefin Grille to ensure efficient and profitable operations both personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise service staff
- Establish performance standards employees
- Perform four to five Manager on Duty shifts weekly
- Assist in training all Front of the House Employees
- Process guest food orders in person and on the phone
- Answer guests' complaints and resolve problems
- Inspect food items prior to serving for proper preparation and presentation
- Assisting with Expo Shifts as needed
- Assist with monthly liquor and beverage inventory
- Direct oversight and management of bar
- Troubleshoot Point Of Sales and technology problems if they occur
- Attend weekly departmental meetings
- Assist with reviewing resumes and conducting interviews for applicants
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant
- Direct, coordinate and evaluate staff members under the direction of the Bluefin Grille Manager
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Managing People
- Quality Management
- Cost Consciousness
- Strategic Thinking
- Good Judgment
- Safety and Security
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.