Job Title: Restaurant Prep and Line Cook
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef
To participate in the preparation of food in our Grille Kitchen. The employee will assemble items for various entrees to certain standards and specifications. A successful candidate will help fulfill our mission to deliver exceptional hospitality to all guests.
SAMPLING OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and assembles various meal items in a timely manner
- Follows instructions and recipes
- Keeps a sanitary and organized workstation
- Restocks items as needed
- Uses and maintains cooking station and equipment
- Assists with cleaning, sanitation and other organizational duties
- Provides support to the cooking staff and preforms any additional tasks requested by Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve, be self-motivated and organized.
- Committed to quality service.
Education and Experience
Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation standards, inventory and control systems or the ability and desire to learn.
Verbal communication skills to interact with coworkers is a plus. Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Ability to speak and hear
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds. (Assistance will be provided for heavy items.)
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally, in an indoor setting but can include an occasional outdoor barbeque.
- Occasional computer use
- Varying schedule to include weekends, weekdays, evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- Frequent exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment
- Moderate to loud work level
Job Title: Housekeeper
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping Supervisors
Works as part of a team to clean and prepare guest lodging accommodations and public areas for use.
At Bluefin Bay we use a unique wage scale that will pay you based on efficiency and quality of the room. This scale typically ranges from $13.20 - $16.20. During the training period we pay $15/hour and also have other small bonuses available.
SAMPLING OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and prepares guest units for occupancy through proper application of company specified cleaning procedures.
- Stocks and/or maintains specified products in required quantities to adequately clean assigned units.
- Completes the daily unit assignments; correctly identifying the status of each assigned unit and, reports any maintenance problems or product shortages.
- Maintains security for guests and property by keeping unit doors and windows shut and locked at all times; setting the thermostats to proper temperature for the season, reporting any suspicious activity by guests or others; properly labeling lost and found articles and turning them in daily; observing all other security and safety regulations as set forth.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the executive housekeeper or supervisor (cleaning public or employee restrooms, washing windows, working in laundry, checking units or training new employees)
No experience is required if applicant demonstrates a willingness to learn and work well with others. Housekeeping and customer service experience preferred. Must have a strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; up to six months related experience or training. Individual must have ability to work flexible working hours including weekend, weekdays and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Rubber gloves and face mask are provided as required or needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or ear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job occasionally requires long working hours.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
** The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Starting wage is based on a person with very little to no experience. Wage goes up if you have a higher level of experience in certain areas of the role.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Responsible for maintaining resort grounds daily along with supporting the general resort operations by assuring cleanliness and upkeep of resort. This position will perform various repair work, landscaping, snow removal and custodial work.
SAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Keep grounds and landscaping in accordance with resort standards by using and cleaning landscaping tools such as trimmers, mowers, etc.
- In winter months, assist with snow shoveling/removal.
- Restock firewood for Guest Units.
- Support custodian/housekeepers by keeping common areas clean and free of maintenance items.
- Maintain the physical and aesthetic condition of the resort by observing and/or reporting repairs to be completed in guest rooms and other resort buildings.
- Ensure grounds are in compliance with safety regulations.
- Empty and remove trash and recycling.
- Perform other repairs or duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); prior maintenance work is preferred. Having the ability to learn is the main thing required for this position.
Individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills, good oral and written command of English. Ability to effectively present and respond to guests and management. Independent and quick to report all repairs in a timely manner.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as conversions and measurements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands, handle tools and other light machinery. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position at times, due to the volume of business, may become high stressed. Exposure to the outdoors and various weather conditions regularly.
Summary: This position is the financial controller for BFB Management LLC (operating Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts), Tofte Hospitality Company (AmericInn), and several other related associations. The position reports directly to the Owner and General Manager but also works very closely with all department managers and other office employees.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work with managers to prepare and track budgets, and drive cost savings programs.
- Work with managers to assure proper accounting of inventories.
- Perform cost analysis for various projects.
- Ensure proper procedures and reporting of daily cash activities.
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of condo owner statements.
- Coordinate with external accounting team preparation of monthly profit/loss and balance sheet statements for management and associations.
- Gather requested materials for various audits.
- Responsible for cash flow anticipation and management.
- Oversee all departmental spending so that it complies with budgeted levels and current cash flow.
- Oversee bidding process of insurance needs. Maintain records of current insurance policies.
- Generates weekly informative statements of sales and labor costs for use at departmental meetings.
- Partner with managers on department and companywide projects.
- Supervise responsibilities and workload of office staff including payroll and accounts payable clerk, cash counters, and data entry workers.
- Ensure that all departments have the necessary equipment and resources to function smooth
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or relevant experience in the field.
Required Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Cost Consciousness: Displays a commitment to performing all tasks in a cost conscious manner; develops and implements cost saving measures, helps plan and assist department managers in developing and implementing cost saving measures within their respective departments.
- Planning/Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources as needed; sets goals and objectives; organizes and schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Problem Solving Skills: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Job-related skills: Extensive experience and knowledge of accounting reports including but now limited to balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and cash flow summaries; ability to read and interpret these reports; ability to explain these reports to others.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and business correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees; ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situation, ability to listen and ask questions for clarification, ability to actively participate in meetings; ability to write clearly and informatively.
- Computer Skills: Extensive knowledge and experience with accounting software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software; ability to type and enter data quickly and accurately.
- Continuous Learning: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.