Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is now hiring for Winter 2022-2023. Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Arapahoe Basin is getting ready for one of the most exciting summer seasons in our history! Come join us for our 75th Anniversary season and take part in all the fun! We have open positions in Aerial Adventure Park, Via Ferrata, F&B, Retail, and much more! We believe in working hard and playing hard, while sharing our enthusiasm for this special place with our guests and co-workers.
Arapahoe Basin is located 68 miles west of Denver on Loveland Pass (US Highway 6) in Summit County, Colorado. A-Basin is five miles from Keystone Resort, 11 miles from the town of Dillon, 13 miles from the town of Silverthorne, 15 miles from the town of Frisco, and 24 miles from the town of Breckenridge.
About Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
Arapahoe Basin is a small ski area that offers big-mountain challenges and life-changing experiences for our employees and guests alike. Whether you’re here for a season or a lifetime, A-Basin is a place where dedicated and hard-working employees have a chance to shine!
We are not your typical big-box resort and that’s what makes the vibe here so awesome – we know you by name. The number-one reason our employees continue to work here is their incredible coworkers.
Our culture is unique and laid back while still professional and guest-focused. We value team players who are dedicated, energetic, and who strive to give each of our guests a “day worth repeating”. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, A-Basin is the place for you!
The Employee Experience
Arapahoe Basin employees have a close bond with one another and love to have fun while working or while playing here in the mountains of Summit County. Whether it's going for a hike on their lunch break or rafting down a river on their day off, A-basin employees know how to work hard and play hard.
As a Summer A-Basin employee, you get access to discounts on our summer activities (such as the Via Ferrata, Aerial Adventure Park, scenic chairlift rides, etc.), food and beverage discounts, retail shop discounts, and employee events and giveaways. Summer A-Basin employees also earn a discount towards an A-Basin season pass if not working in the winter as well as free, transferrable A-Basin lift tickets. The best on-mountain benefits and opportunities can be found right here in the heart of Colorado’s playground at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin team members are:
- ENTHUSIASTIC about mountain life and adventure sports
- EXCITED to be a part of a close-knit team
- DEDICATED to providing memorable experiences that are worth repeating
- TEAM PLAYERS ready to “jump in” whenever and wherever needed and work in an environment where no one is above lending a hand
- UNIQUE and bring their authentic selves to work everyday
Room and Board
Employee housing is LIMITED and therefore offered only to full-time employees on a first-come, first-serve basis in specified departments. Housing is located 5 miles west of Arapahoe Basin at Keystone Resort. Having your own transportation is helpful but not required, there is a free bus that runs approximately from Thanksgiving thru mid-April (employees are responsible for their own transportation when the bus is not available). We have single rooms and shared bedrooms with a locking door and shared kitchen, living room, and bathroom.
For more housing details, including rent and deposit requirements, please visit our housing page.
A-Basin Employee Housing does NOT include any food programs, please see our benefits page for our excellent food discounts for all employees.
- Housing available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Unlimited access to scenic chair lift rides, hiking/mountain biking trials, frisbee golf, and more!
- Discounts on the Via Ferrata and Aerial Adventure Park
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- On-demand pay
- End-of-season bonus
- Paid time-off for all full-time seasonal employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insuance coverage starting the 1st of the month after hire
- 401(k) savings plan for eligible employees
- Access to prodeals via ExpertVoice and Outdoor ProLink
- Food, beverage, and retail discounts
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership for all employees
- Resources available for employee participation in affinity groups
Please visit our Benefits Page for more info!
Getting Here and Getting Around
By car from Denver: The resort is 96 miles away from Denver International Airport via I-70 West. If going directly to the Basin, take exit 216 (Loveland Pass) and proceed west on U.S. Highway 6 for 8 miles. If going into the towns of Frisco, Dillon, or Silverthorne, take I-70 West to exit 205 (Silverthorne); A-Basin can be reached from there by traveling 12 miles east on U.S. Highway 6 past Keystone.
For current road conditions, please visit the Colorado Department of Transportation website at www.cotrip.org or call 303-639-1111.
By air: Denver International Airport (DIA) has daily flights to and from most major U.S. cities. The Colorado Springs and Vail/Eagle airports also receive incoming flights from cities all across the country. Employees who are not planning on bringing a vehicle to Summit County will need to arrange their own transportation from the airport to Summit County. Options include many shuttle services (SuperShuttle, Colorado Mountain Express, etc.) and bus services via Greyhound.
Since A-Basin is 5 miles from most services, it can be helpful to have a personal vehicle while you are here. If you do not have a car, Summit County provides FREE bus service via the Summit Stage. Summit Stage goes throughout the county, including on-the-hour stops at A-Basin from mid-November through late May. Winter schedules are typically not posted until October and can be viewed at www.summitstage.com.
- Rafting in some of the best rivers in the U.S.
- Rock climbing at several different crags throughout Summit County
- Paddling and sailing on Lake Dillon
- Unlimited hiking along the Continental Divide and Rocky Mountains including section-hiking of the Colorado Trail and the Continental Divide Trail
- Amazing mountain biking trails right out your back door and incredible cycling on the Breck-Vail rec path
- World-class alpine-fishing and fly-fishing waters
- Much much more!