Explore Alaska's most beautiful and picturesque waters, Sitka Sound!
Do you love exploring wild Alaska and sharing this love with others while having fun? Do you have natural leadership and interpersonal skills? Can you work hard, in the rain all day, while smiling? Really?! Alaskan-owned and operated, we offer unique guided sea kayak tours, multi-day expeditions, and rentals.
Perched on the western edge of Baranof Island and framed by island-studded waters and the elegant profile of a dormant volcano, Sitka, Alaska, certainly claim the most-beautiful setting.
About Adventure Sitka
Adventure Sitka prides itself on being the premier adventure tour operator in Southeast Alaska. Adventure Sitka is a great stepping stone to test the waters on a career in guiding or customer service in Southeast Alaska. Our leadership team is committed to empowering our staff with all the tools necessary to be successful in Southeast Alaska Tourism. We want to be part of you accomplishing your goals and dreams, and there is no better setting to start tackling those goals and dreams than the wild coast of Sitka, Alaska.
The Employee Experience
Working and living in Sitka can feel like a dream every day. Waking up most mornings and knowing you get to explore the rocks, reefs, and islands in the Sitka sound make jumping out of bed easy! At Adventure Sitka, we use the information the ocean conditions are giving us to put on the best kayak adventure possible for every tour, and we strive to exceed guests expectations on every trip. Through an extensive paid training program we equip our guides with all of the tools they need to be premier guides in Sitka, as well as anywhere else their travels might take them after the season. Employees who work with Adventure Sitka gain experience to build confidence in customer service and leading groups in the wilderness and create life-long memories exploring the coast less paddled, around Sitka, Alaska.
- Ability to incorporate constructive feedback and work within our team and system
- Customer service oriented individuals who strive to provide outstanding guests experiences
- MUST be comfortable working long hours outside in any conditions
- Must be team oriented and have leadership skills or interest in developing leadership skills
- Must have patience
- Must be comfortable working 6 days a week and over 40 hours per week
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to lift and move 100 pounds with help
- Must be willing to work weekends and be comfortable without having set days off
- Drive to complete tasks the way we need them done and strive to execute them at a high level
- Interest in either the flora, fauna, natural history, and human history of the area
Room and Board
- Employee housing will be available to all staff.
- Employee housing is provided at a base rate of $17 per day.
- Employee housing is CO-ED with shared living spaces like kitchens, common areas, and bathrooms
- Employee rooms will be shared with a member of the same gender.
- If employee housing is not in walking distance from where you are stationed that day we will help find rides for staff to get to the job site.
There are some great perks of working with Adventure Sitka!
- Access to kayaks when not working
- Monthly employee barbeques
- Company wildlife viewing outings
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful places in the world
Getting Here and Getting Around
Sitka is located on the west coast of the rugged and beautiful Baranof Island. Yes! We are located on an island.
There are no roads in or out of Sitka, so if you plan on driving to Sitka, you would have to plan on taking a ferry with your vehicle. Any ferries to Sitka require driving through Canada to Skagway to take a ferry to Sitka.
There are multiple flights in and out of Sitka every day and are usually affordable when purchased far enough in advance. The price range for most flights from the Lower 48 to Sitka is from $200-$500. Adventure Sitka will organize transportation from the airport to employee housing for any employees who are planning on flying into Sitka.
Your office is your playground!
- Gain knowledge and experience to take kayaks out and explore the Sitka Sound on your off time
- Climb one of the many mountains around Sitka and take in the breathtaking views
- Hike to an alpine lake and spend the day swimming and hanging out
- Charter a boat and go catch that Salmon to send home!
- Have fires on the beach and enjoy the 10pm summer sunsets
- Explore the rich history of Alaska's first capitol city
- Hang out at the beach on sunny day
- Make lifelong memories with co workers and friends
How to Apply
Please fill out an application via the link below and tell us as much about you as possible! We really want to know when you are available and what sets YOU apart from our other applicants.