Our operation is larger than most guest ranches in our area so our staff can reach close to 70 employees for our peak summer season. We run a full service lodging, conference, dining, horse, and fishing operation which allows for many varied positions. Most positions are summer season only and run May - October (varies by position); though a few run year round.
To supervise all phases of all type of banquet functions, Coordinate activity on a daily basis. Banquet captain should also oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banquet staffs. Act as a single point of contact with the banquet host during the banquet function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and greet clients.
- Oversee catered functions, in house and off site.
- Responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event.
- Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms, and storage areas.
- Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture, and fixtures in the event space in the shift assigned.
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures in the banquet service.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance meetings & group experience.
- Should possess in-depth Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation.
- Supervise events and team members throughout service.
- Guide the Banquet servers in set up of tables and place settings.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Coordinate with the Kitchen and housekeeping department.
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts.
- Assist the Banquet Manager with scheduling, training and performance management.
- Assist and support the Conference Services Manager to provide excellent guest service
- Organize Transportation of food and equipment to offsite catering events.
- Should have experience in operating POS (point of sales) Software
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies, and operating equipment for functions assigned.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer
- telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Experience: Previous experience in a similar role
The 320 Guest Ranch, and more specifically McGill's Restaurant and Saloon, is looking for a professional, high-energy Bartender with excellent communication skills to serve classic cocktails and exciting new beverages to our customers. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also up-sell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a Bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine drink preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and polishing glasses.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc., for extended periods, and lift up to 25 libs.
This position is the face of our dining room for our guests in the morning.
- Works our daily complimentary breakfast buffet refilling the buffet line, clearing plates, and serving guests
- Cleans up the dining room and resets for daily lunch buffet for employees
- Tends to lunch buffet by refilling the buffet line, clearing plates
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be a team player, self motivated, and have a positive attitude. Being a morning person is a plus!
We are a busy restaurant and have an open role for Hostess. You will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be, and bus tables. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations, and answering questions.
- Knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if necessary.
- Able to operate a reservation system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
- Set up & breakdown of the dining room or banquet facilities including dishware, glassware, silverware, linens, tables and other amenities according to Dining Room Manager or Event Coordinator’s direction
- Maintains clean tables & service area
- Know the menu for the dining room or the banquet function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods
- Performs side work
- Uses a cash register of point of sale system as needed
- Two years of experience as a server in fine dining and/or banquet facility.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in English.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a noisy environment as well as with people in a team environment.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends and holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Banquet lead
- Works closely with one or two other individuals to execute catered events
- Places orders through vendors for ingredients and items needed for recipes
- Helps maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen cleaning up spills and other potential hazards immediately
- Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff
- Follows standard recipes, &| follows BEO's to maintain consistency in banquet food.
- Ensures that all standards of safety are strictly observed
- Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event
- Evaluates client satisfaction
- Possesses the ability to handle any menu ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with sandwiches to formal dinners with multi-course meals that are individually plated.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal
- Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills
- Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation, and presentation
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure
- Must to lift at least 50 pounds and is comfortable standing, bending, and walking around for hours at a time
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent AND several years’ experience in the food industry, food production and supervision of kitchen staff
- Degree from accredited culinary school AND minimum 2 years of experience
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen, in fast paced environments, and in demanding situations
- Must be willing to begin work some days in the early morning hours and other times remain at work late into the night depending on the size and time of a particular banquet
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as these are common times for banquets
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting, long hours of standing and other taxing physical activities
- Be prepared to quickly deal with injuries like cuts and burns that can result in busy kitchens even when safety guidelines are strictly observed
This is a role created for those of you who love to BBQ! We are looking for someone who is responsible for executing a Pig Roast, Chuckwagon BBQ, and other banquet needs on a weekly basis.
The ability to work independently and professionally is essential for this position.
Knowledge of proper rotation of product, ability to prep and ensuring quality of meals prepared, comfortable working solo, and an all around knowledge of cooking, prepping & knife work.
- Culinary background
- Hands on experience with breakfast & lunch
- Knowledge of cooking, prepping & knife work
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to cook scratch food
- Service oriented attitude and good listening/communication skills
- Baking abilities are helpful
320 Guest Ranch is a historical Montana guest ranch founded in 1898. Situated between Yellowstone Park and Big Sky Ski Resort, 320 Guest Ranch is where adventurers come to connect with the beauty and spirit of the west. The ranch offers ‘stay here’ , ‘play here’ and ‘gather here’ type of experiences that honor the rich history of Montana and celebrate a pioneering spirit through lodging, food, and activities. We are a premier wedding destination and offer opportunities for guests to horseback ride, fly-fish, and connect in new ways.
This is a seasonal position with the opportunity to extend into full time.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to problem solve in real time
- Ability to modify templates to meet customer inquiries
- Ability to navigate various software programs with ease and problem solve as needed
- Block Space for 320 Ranch Events & Series Business in Amadeus & RoomMaster
- Make Group check in packets
- Create Banquet Event Orders
- Prepare function sheet for Weekly Managers Meeting to let everyone know what events are taking place
- Input rooming list for all groups
Catered Event/Coordination Skills:
- Supervise all phases of all type of banquet functions
- Coordinate activity on a daily basis
- Banquet captain should also oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banquet staffs
- Act as a single point of contact with the banquet host during the banquet function
Excellent Communication Skills
- Work with clients to deliver experiences that ensure guests connect with the beauty and spirit of the west, and enhance guest’s experience of all things related to their 320 Guest Ranch experience.
- Develop & maintain strong interpersonal relationships with 320 Management & Staff, clients, partners/vendors
- Maintain sales email through timely response & forwarding as appropriate.
Team Player Skills:
- Support Guest Experience on ranch: Shepherd group activities; Prepare luggage lists; Ensure correct billing or rooms and incidentals, Celebrate return guest special events etc
- Willingness to go above and beyond to deliver on our value proposition
- Other Duties as Assigned by Venue Manager
- Cover varied shifts as needed
As the provider of boutique guest experiences, all staff are required to work weekends & evenings at times over the season. Shifts are varied and diverse.Apply Now
Room Attendants are critically important to ensuring a consistent, high-quality guest experience. Our primary goal is to provide our guests with exemplary, memorable service with maximum efficiency, consistent professionalism, and positive energy. You will be expected to demonstrate a high attention to detail, while meeting the high standards for individual and team performance set by the ranch and the Housekeeping Manager.
Room Attendants maintain the overall appearance of our ranch properties. This is a physically demanding role. You will be expected to be able to regularly perform the many physical tasks that are normal part of your role. Daily responsibilities include the cleaning of guest cabins, cleaning common use areas of the ranch, processing the lost and found items, turning in room keys, re-stocking department vehicles and caddies, preparing clean linen bags for the following workday, and other duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Leadership Team.
Applicants should be able to interact with guests in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner. The preferred applicant is self-motivated, self-disciplined, with an outgoing, positive, upbeat personality which helps them to be an excellent team player. Applicants must be able to lift weights up to and including 50 lbs. Applicants must be able to stand for long periods up to and including (5) five hours. Prior commercial housekeeping experience is preferred, but not required, as training will be provided.
The compensation package includes hourly rate, plus tip pooling, plus additional incentives based on individual performance.Apply Now
**PLEASE NOTE: This position includes a start date prior to May. All positions for Groundskeeping/Maintenance for Summer 2022 have been filled.
The 320 Ranch is a large campus including 320 acres and over 90 buildings that include guest cabins, common areas, meeting spaces, a restaurant and dining room, employee housing and more. The maintenance and grounds keeping crew are an integral part of the team that help maintain guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to guest calls in a prompt and effective manner
- Keeps all work areas in a neat and orderly condition
- Keeps all public areas free of trash and debris
- Offers basic maintenance and repairs services to common areas, guest rooms, office buildings, restaurant, and banquet areas
- Engages in flexible work schedules for appropriate shift coverage
- Assists in construction and staining projects
- Helps with luggage pick up and delivery
- Occasionally may have to drive guest shuttle to places throughout Big Sky
- May be called to help with banquet set up and breakdown
- May help in moving picnic tables and wedding arch
- Other duties as assigned
- Pleasant demeanor with ability to smile.
- Ability to handle internal and external clients with high degree of tolerance, diplomacy, and tact.
- Ability to kneel, bend, carry, walk, stoop, climb, and lift items, in addition to possessing manual skills.
- Commendable ability to manage stressful working situations.
We are looking for wranglers with guest ranch wrangling experience as well as extensive horse background. The main duty is the care and upkeep of our herd of trail and draft horses and overseeing the animals and guests on the trails. The ranch takes out thousands of trail rides in a summer and ensuring that the horses and guests are safe is priority number one along with ensuring the guests have a great ranch experience. Knowledge of driving draft horse teams is a plus. Cleaning out stalls, feeding horses, saddling horses and going out on trail rides are part of the duties. CPR and first aid certification are required for this position. In the winter, chopping wood, stacking wood at cabins, snow removal and driving the sleigh teams are also a part of the position. If you would like to be considered for a position as a wrangler, please send us a video of your riding abilities along with your application or resume.Apply Now
The historic 320 Ranch is looking for a passionate, hard-working winter sleigh driver with an extensive horse background. The main duty is driving a draft horse team for our sleigh rides, but also cleaning out stalls, feeding horses, and saddling horses are part of the duties. Ensuring that the horses and guests are safe is priority along with ensuring the guests have a great ranch experience.
Knowledge of driving draft horse teams required.
Chopping wood, stacking wood at cabins, and snow removal are also apart of the position. If you would like to be considered for the position please attach your resume or give the ranch a call and ask for Marce.Apply Now
Food & Beverage - Banquets
Food & Beverage - Front of House
Food & Beverage - Kitchen
Wrangler / Barn
How to Apply
Please complete our online application.
All applicants are required to comply with I-9 employment eligibility requirements.
We are monitoring developments with Covid-19 closely and are adjusting our operational plans accordingly.