Our positions include Retail Clerks and Retail Supervisory positions.
The Acadia Corporation operates seven retail shops and an ice cream shop in Bar Harbor and one retail shop in Southwest Harbor all on beautiful Mount Desert Island in the state of Maine:
- The Acadia Shop - Feature gift, foods, and made in Maine and elsewhere that highlight the region's character.
- The Acadia Country Store - Maine foods and nautical & country store merchandise
- The Acadia Outdoors Store - Hiking and outdoor gear including shoes and backpacks
- Acadia Park Company - Acadia National Park inspired merchandise
- Jordan Pond Ice Cream Shop - Homemade Ice Cream and Fudge
- Best of Bar Harbor - Feature gifts, foods, and clothing of Bar Harbor and Acadia
- Acadia on West - Nautical inspired merchandise and clothing
- Acadia Shop of Southwest Harbor - Outdoor apparel and accessories, gifts and foods
- Island Trading Company - COMING SOON!!!
Click to read our GENERAL APPEARANCE GUIDELINES.
How to Apply
Your dates of availability affect your chances of employment. In general, the later you can stay, the better your chances will be for receiving an offer of employment. Be realistic and specific about the exact dates you will be available, as these dates will become part of your employment agreement.
We look forward to hearing from you. An on-line application is available, linked below.
* Once an application makes it through the initial screening process we rely on phone interviews to give us additional insight before making and employment offer. We try to have many of our employment decisions completed by April. You will be notified by mail on the status of your application.
The Acadia Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, national origin, age (except where age is a bona fide occupational qualification), physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.