Soar to new heights this summer with the Glacier Landing Company!
Join us on a Denali flightseeing tour and experience one of the great mountain landscapes on earth. Over six million acres of mile high granite gorges, ancient blue glaciers and endless icy peaks... let's go!
Talkeetna and Denali National Park, Alaska!
About Talkeetna Air Taxi
Come join the historically rich family of Talkeetna Air Taxi!
Talkeetna Air Taxi (est. 1947), originally called Talkeetna Air Service, is an Alaska-based flight company. We operate wheel-ski equipped bush planes and helicopters, and is one of less than a half-dozen air services with a permit to land in Denali National Park. Historically our business included supply runs to remote homesteads and prospecting claims—we now focus primarily on flight seeing, support for climbers, fishing charters, and heli-hikers.
We have relationships with customers and the community that go back for years, rich with stories and adventures, we hope you become a part of. Our back yard is truly one of the most spectacular in the world and each season promises a new Alaskan experience.
The Employee Experience
I love working for Talkeetna Air, everyone treats you like family. They have get togethers for the staff and family. I have made new friends from all over the world while working here.
Talkeetna is a fun, unique town!
- Views of landscape and wildlife is phenomenal!
- Tight knit community
- Easily accessible by highway
- Increased amount of amenities such as close grocery store, gas, restaurants, shops, etc
- Vivian Ramsey
Working at TAT, this summer, is by far the best office experience I've ever had; and one of the overall neatest experiences! I enjoyed the fun yet professional work environment. The people are amazing and unforgettable. This "Florida girl" was definitely out of her comfort zone as far as the cooler summer weather and living arrangements; those elements ended up being very good for me. In saying all of that, Alaska is beautiful and definitely worth visiting. TAT is a great place to work! I learned so much and I will always think of Talkeetna fondly.
- Renee Renyolds
The ideal candidate for Talkeetna Air Taxi would be an individual excited about living in Talkeetna. This person is a motivated self-starter, who can communicate well with others, and has a desire to learn and grow within the dynamic world of aviation and tourism. You must be a team player and bring enthusiasm to the work environment. Computer skills and customer service skills as well as the willingness to work a flexible schedule including morning and evening shifts is required.
Room and Board
Talkeetna Air Taxi does not provide room and board. We do, however, have a rental house that accommodates three employees and the rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. With a good reputation for responsible/reliable renters, we also have connections with several rental businesses in town that we can recommend potential employees.
As a benefit of your employment with TAT, we are pleased to offer:
- Opportunities to fly in the Alaska Range on a space available basis.
- Two (2) free flights a season for friends and family
- Use of company shower
- Free on-site laundry
- Use of kitchenette
- Employee potlucks and BBQs
- Free/discounted Talkeetna Air Taxi merchandise
- Opportunity to participate in our Patagonia Pro program
- Subsidized Costco Membership
- Reduced/no cost local activities (Space available basis during summer season)
Getting Here and Getting Around
Talkeetna is located 2.5 hours by car from Anchorage. Follow Alaska Highway 1 north 35 miles to the junction of Highway 3 just east of the town of Wasilla. Turn on Highway 3 north (the George Parks Highway) and follow it another 64 miles to the Talkeetna Spur Road junction. Take a right and follow the Spur Road 14 more miles to Talkeetna.
We highly recommend having your own vehicle if you are living in here. If working seasonally, it is not as important, as most destinations in town are accessible by foot and bike. A vehicle will provide you with a means to visit more distant areas of Alaska.
There are several options for getting to Talkeetna. The Alaska Railroad runs a limited schedule in the winter and there are shuttle companies out of Anchorage. Schedule vary from winter season to summer season.
Talkeetna is a dynamic community with a variety of activities to get involved in whether you are single or raising a family. See list below:
- KTNA Talkeetna Community Radio - Volunteer to read the news or have your own show
- Denali Arts Council - Get involved with local theater group and events in town
- Musicians - Community Orchestra welcomes all seasoned/budding musicians. Local Open Mic nights and pick up bands
- Northern Susitna Institue - Local Folk school. Share your talent or take a class
- Birch Creek Farm/The Grove - Get involved with our local sustainable agriculture
- Talkeetna Community Schools - Local Classes, movie nights and pick up sports
- Talkeetna Friend of the Library - Book Clubs, children's programs
- Talkeetna Running Club
- Denali Nordic Ski Club
- Great nordic ski trails
- Ski the Oosik classic ski race
- Volunteer Opportunities are endless:
- Talkeetna Community Food Bank
- Talkeetna Recycling
- Talkeetna Historical Society
- Talkeetna Ambulance
- Talkeetna Fire Department
- Great access to the Alaska Range
- Improve your skills in the mountains with our local guiding services
- World Class Fishing
- Community Events
- Local Concerts
- Christmas Cookie Take and Bake at the Roadhouse
- Enjoy our annual Brewfest
- Improve your photography skills with Aurora Dora taking pictures of the Northern lights
- Learn to mush dogs
How to Apply
Please fill out our on-line employment application