Our summer positions will run June 6th (the start of staff orientation) through August 29th (the final day of the summer season). Our full guest season runs May through October, and we have facility opening work starting in early-April.
If you have interest in a particular area but don't see a position listed - perhaps you are interested in our dining program, or love working with kids - let us know, as we may have a position come available after you have applied.
This position will assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of kitchen operations, including the preparation of hot and cold foods for banquet-style meals, receiving food orders, maintaining the highest in food and sanitation standards, and running the kitchen in the executive chef's absence. 6 mo.
This position will manage the Mountain Sky Saloon, which includes general bartending duties pre- and post-dinner, providing wine and cocktail service during dinner, cleaning, inventory, and assisting with dinner service. Must be available to work our full season. Related experience is a must.
This position will work directly with the AM Sous Chef to assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of kitchen operations, including the preparation of hot and cold foods for banquet-style meals, and maintaining the highest in food and sanitation standards. 6 & 4 ½ month positions are available.
This position will assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of kitchen operations, including the preparation of hot and cold foods for banquet-style meals, receiving of food orders, and maintaining the highest in food and sanitation standards. 6 & 4 ½ month positions are available.
Assists the Dining Room Manager in all aspects of running our guest and staff dining rooms, as well as our outdoor 'meal ride' experiences. In the guest dining room, we serve buffet-style breakfast and lunch, then offer a multi-course, casual fine dining experience for dinner. Key duties include staff training, management of Guest Services staff as they rotate in and out of the dining department, communicating guest needs to the kitchen staff, and organizing and maintaining the guest and staff dining rooms. While related experience is preferred, this is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for customer service to develop management skills.
Position runs April 16 – October 31.
Responsible for oversight of our guest and staff dining rooms, as well as our outdoor 'meal ride' experiences. In the guest dining room, we serve buffet-style breakfast and lunch, then offer a multi-course, casual fine dining experience for dinner. Key duties include staff training, management of Guest Services staff as they rotate in and out of the dining department, communicating guest needs to the kitchen staff, and organizing and maintaining the guest and staff dining rooms. While related experience is preferred, this is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for customer service to develop management skills.
Position runs April 16 – October 31.
Responsible for the preparation of ingredients for dishes prepared by our kitchen team, with tremendous opportunity for growth under an Executive Chef who fosters an environment of teamwork and learning.
3 – 6 month positions available.
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Front of House Manager is responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operation of the guest dining room, staff dining room, bar and meal ride experiences.
This position is located in Emigrant, Montana.
This position is an 9 month position running from February through October.
Room & Board is provided to associates free of charge.
This position is also eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits.
All associates are eligible to use the amenities on the ranch in their off time (golf course, horseback riding, challenge course, fly fishing lessons, etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the training and supervision of all staff involved in the dining program or bar.
- Sets standard for service, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education and approach to customer interaction.
- Helps develop and implements all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Helps develop and implement use of training manuals and checklists.
- Achieves company objectives for service, quality, appearance, sanitation and cleanliness through training.
- Achieves results by maintaining a positive, productive working environment.
- Fills in wherever needed to ensure guest service standards are met.
- Works with the general manager to oversee department budgets.
- Responsible for weekly inventory, ordering and reporting required for bar.
- Works with human resources to ensure effective scheduling of staff.
- Provides manager on duty support in general manager’s absence.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews with human resources and the general manager.
- Handles guest concerns in a professional manner and takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
- Assists human resources with hiring during the off-season, including phone and video call interviews and in-person or virtual attendance at job fairs and recruiting events.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Responsible for the upkeep of lawns, buildings, swimming pool, occasional dishwashing, and the transportation of our guests in 14 passenger vans. Must be 21, have a clean driving record, and be comfortable with and able to operate heavy mowing equipment and other machinery. 4 – 6 month positions available.
June 3 to August 26 at minimum, with a start date as early as May 1 and an end date as late as October 31. Preference given for full season availability.
As Assistant Wellness Director, you will help coordinate our wellness programs, and work closely with the Wellness Director to ensure smooth operation of the facilities. You will contribute to wellness education and program development and implementation, as well as ensure that the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch facility is maintained on a consistent basis and that all guests are satisfied with their experience at the Wellness Center at Mountain Sky and the Yoga Studio at West Creek Ranch.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Act as wellness host to welcome guests, manage appointments, educate in general wellness and familiarize guests with the facility.
· Assist in ensuring protocols and operating procedures for the Wellness Team are being upheld.
· Provide support to Massage Therapists and other Wellness staff.
· Maintain and ensure cleanliness of the Wellness Lodge and its facilities.
· Teach yoga classes and lead wellness walks to promote physical and mental wellbeing of participants.
· Track and input data on attendance and participation in the wellness center and during wellness events.
· Work closely with the Wellness Team and Management Team to promote a productive work environment and ensure the guests are satisfied with their wellness experience.
· Educate and inform guests of products and their benefits as well as process retail purchases.
· Assist in maintenance of equipment at West Creek Ranch.
· Support the Director in planning and execution of MSGR’s inaugural Wellness Week
· Aid in the development and implementation of new innovative programs to elevate wellness excitement and participation amongst guests at both Mountain Sky and West Creek.
The ideal candidate will…
· Able to work independently and as a part of a team
· Have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher certification
The ultimate variety job! The largest workforce on the ranch, this 25 person crew rotates through our dining room, housekeeping department and kids program on a shift-to-shift basis, with one dishwashing shift per week. Depending upon interest and skill set, an additional shift or two per week might be spent leading hikes, transporting guests in passenger vans, working in the gift shop, helping with landscaping, and more.
3 – 6 month positions available. June 3 to August 26 at minimum, with a start date as early as May 1 and an end date as late as October 31.
This hybrid position combines work in Guest Services with bartending duties. This person would support the Bar Manager in all aspects of the job with primary duties include making drinks, helping guests, and restocking and cleaning duties. This role requires previous bartending experience and would work on average 2 days in the bar and 3 days in the Guest Services role.
This hybrid position combines work in Guest Services with the opportunity to work with a variety of guests at the challenge course. Primary duties include group facilitation, program design and high ropes risk management. Successful candidates will work with Mountain Sky guests, guests from neighboring West Creek Ranch and participants from area non-profit organizations. Training is provided, but related experience a plus. Seeking candidates with an aptitude for facilitation, leading games, guiding and public speaking. May 18 through October 18 preferred, with a start as early as April 16 and an end date as late as October 31.
This hybrid position combines work in Guest Services with oversight of our Teen Program. Works directly with the Kids Program Director to engage and entertain our teen guests, ages 13+, with adventures including - but not limited to - photo scavenger hunts, trips to the Boiling River in Yellowstone, high adventure on our ropes course, evenings at our clay shooting range, and more! Must be 21 or older with a clean driving record to transport participants to various off-site activities in large passenger vans. Prior experience working with this age group is preferred, and strong consideration is given to applicants with climbing and/or high ropes course experience.
May 22 to August 26 at minimum, with a start date as early as April 1 and an end date as late as October 31.
This hybrid position works part-time in Guest Services while providing support for our wellness program. Those certified in Yoga would have the opportunity to teach morning and afternoon classes for a variety of ages and ability levels, with additional time spent supporting our wellness center staff and therapists through customer service, activity tracking, facility upkeep and inventory.
This position will provide our younger guests with the vacation experience of a lifetime! Responsible for the creation of engaging programming, oversight of Guest Services staff on shift, communication with parents including individual check-ins on orientation day, service of buffet-style dinners to our younger guests, coordination of "meal ride" transportation, and the cleaning and inventory of the kids program play area. Must be available to work a minimum of our 3 month summer season.
The ideal wrangler candidate will demonstrate both excellent customer service and strong horsemanship skills. Wranglers will lead rides on 17,000 private acres, in addition to the neighboring Gallatin National Forest. Trail rides aren’t your typical nose-to-tail walking dude rides; our guests stay for a week at a time, and they come to ride! We lead walk, trot, and lope rides, all with a heavy instruction component. A riding video will be required from applicants not able to join us for a live riding interview, but it is not necessary to submit the video with your initial application. Please note that personal horses may be approved but outside dogs are not allowed. 3 – 7 month positions available. Dates are mid May to August 22 at minimum, with a start date as early as April 1 and an end date as late as October 31.
Our housekeeping department upholds 4-diamond cleaning standards in a resort ranch environment. Daily housekeeping duties in our 32 guest cabins and shared facilities are required. Primary duties include assisting with training, managing and working alongside our Guest Services staff as they rotate through the department. Must effectively communicate with other ranch departments to fulfill special requests and ensure guest needs are met. Assists with delivering stored and shipped items to guest cabins, upkeep of laundry, inventory and vendor management. Runs the department in the managers absence.
This position comes with a competitive monthly salary, free room and board, and a portion of a shared end of the year bonus upon successful completion of the guest season. This position requires a mid-April start date running through October 31.
The Noxious Weed Control Assistant must be independent, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and detailed. As a member of the weed control team, you will learn a variety of techniques including chemical and mechanical methods to manage unwanted or nuisance vegetation. The ranch has implemented a long-term weed control management plan to reduce impacts on native plants from noxious weeds. The ideal candidate will have an interest in invasive plant management, native plant habitat restoration, or plant science. The position will run from June 1-August 28th 2020, with some flexibility on start and end dates.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Noxious Weed Specialist in implementing a weed management program across property. Main duties will include herbicide applications and other methods of vegetation management under the supervision of a certified applicator. Training for various noxious weed control tasks provided by Noxious Weed Specialist
- Perform various work tasks involved in mapping and controlling noxious weeds; hiking, surveying, mapping, plant identification, hand pulling weeds, spraying weeds, in a front country and backcountry setting
- Position requires chemical applications and the need to mix chemicals, spray weeds with herbicide, rinse and clean application devices, follow herbicide labels and use personal protective equipment
- Document spray targets, tracks, and work tasks using a tablet and mapping software
- Assist in other ranch duties as assigned
- Organize and maintain a clean work area and take responsibility for orderliness of tools and equipment
- Previous farm/ranch work preferred
- Experience with herbicides preferred; applicator’s license or willingness to train a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and experience with operating 4-wheeler, side-by-side off-road
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
- Must be able to traverse various terrains
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as necessary
- Must be able to maintain focus during dangerous tasks
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard 8-10 hour day
- Background in range management, weed identification preferred
Salary & Benefits
$2,050/month including housing. Employees have access to the ranch facilities and are encouraged to participate in guest activities – as appropriate and available. Horseback rides, guided hikes, fly-fishing instruction, golf and whitewater rafting trips are just a few of the activities seasonal employees can experience
FOOD & BEVERAGE
GROUNDS AND MAINTENANCE
LAND AND LIVESTOCK
How to Apply
Please apply online via the links provided. We look forward to hearing from you!
Early applicants, please note that we will begin phone interviews in January.