Sun, Fun, Bikes and the Opportunity to earn on beautiful Mackinac Island!
Join us at Mackinac Island Bike Shop for a fun summer creating smiles and memories for families visiting Mackinac Island, one of the top resort island's in the USA. Join us on this charming island with no cars, only bikes and carriages and thousands acres of state forest for hiking, and Great Lakes for kayaking and swimming. Work and live with others from across the USA and around the world.
Main Street Mackinac Island, Michigan next to the ferry and right in the middle of all the fudge and fun of downtown!
About Mackinac Island Bike Shop
Join one of the busiest bicycle rental operations in the world! Located in the heart of downtown Mackinac Island, Mackinac Island Bike Shop, right in the middle of all the fudge and fun, promises a fast-paced, fun-filled summer of delighting guests with our new Trek bikes outfitted to guarantee an outstanding ride. Join our team and be a part of this operation designed to create exceptional experiences!
The Employee Experience
If you excel in a fast-paced outdoor environment as part of a team focused on one goal - delighting our guests- this is the place for you! You will have the opportunity to create a lot of smiles and the potential for outstanding earnings on a most beautiful, natural island. As part of the Mackinac Island Bike Shop team, you will work with individuals from all over the US as well as the world. We require a positive, cooperative, energetic attitude and a willingness to go the extra distance to delight our guests.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, enthusiastic, and focused on delighting our guests. We require teamwork to create an outstanding rental experience. Prior service experience is helpful, but not required. A positive attitude is mandatory!
Room and Board
Housing is set up apartment-style, typically two or three bedrooms per apartment with 2 individuals per bedroom. Each furnished apartment includes a kitchen, living room, one or two bathrooms (depending on the number of bedrooms), wi-fi, and access to a washer and dryer. One meal is provided each day while working. Housing is $95 per week.
As a member of the Mackinac Island Bike Shop team, you will get discounts at our restaurants and fudge shops. You will also receive free use of a bike.
Getting Here and Getting Around
You can reach us by catching a ferry to Mackinac Island from either Mackinaw City or St Ignace, Michigan.
Mackinac Island is small and quaint - everything is within walking or biking distance. This beautiful island is a biking paradise as there are no cars.
- Mackinac Island is an outdoor enthusiast's dream. Eighty percent of the island is a state park so there is an abundance of trails for hiking, biking, and exploring.
- Boating, swimming, and fishing are among the many water activities right outside your door. Enjoy frisbee. basketball or soccer? Join fellow staff in Marquette Park or Great Turtle Park for a fun game.
- During your time on Mackinac Island, you will meet guests and fellow staff from all over the world. Our team typically consists of individuals from Europe, Asia, Jamaica as well as the USA.
- There is a historic theater on Mackinac Island showing movies. Art and recreation classes are held by the Mackinac Arts Council, and Concerts in the Park are performed all summer.
- A short ferry boat ride to the mainland will allow for activities such as movies, bowling, sightseeing, and various festivals throughout the summer.
- Head north to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Travel about an hour north to visit Canada. (Passport required.) Head south to enjoy the beauty of Lake Huron to the east or Lake Michigan and the Sand Dunes to the west.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.