Work & play at a barrier island ecolodge! Private apartment w/ all rent, utilities & food included!
maritime forests, marshlands, beaches, & the ocean
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Little St. Simons Island is one of the crown jewels of Georgia's famed Golden Isles and offers 7 miles of pristine beaches and 11,000 acres of undeveloped wilderness for exploration and relaxation. Privately owned and accessible only by boat, Little St. Simons Island is an all-inclusive, eco-lodge with just 16 guest rooms to accommodate up to 32 overnight guests. The island is a paradise for nature lovers and offers a host of recreational, naturalist-led adventures including birding, boating, kayaking, hiking, bicycling, interpretive tours, beach combing, fishing and swimming.
As an integral part of the island experience, the F&B department will strive to provide excellence in table fare, service, and gracious southern hospitality. Although the emphasis at LSSI is on nature, the F&B team plays a critical role in our guests visit. The department should maintain high standards for from scratch cuisine, service orientation, efficiency, and most of all sustainability.
We are looking for a skilled Server to assist with our Food and Beverage operation. This is a live-on position that provides a unique opportunity to live and work remotely. The Little Saint Simons kitchen prepares from scratch seasonal foods daily for guests and staff. We use our very own garden as much as possible and actively work to promote sustainability and use of local sources. We serve 3 meals daily to our guests and staff. We strive to provide excellent service and hospitality to each individual guest. The Island kitchen is a quaint operation. This means each position has a broad range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate should be able to fulfill the following needs:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide top notch service and hospitality to our dining guests
- Set up and breakdown the dining room for meals
- Set up and breakdown picnics
- Maintain dining room cleanliness
- Kitchen projects and cleaning
- Helping with dishes
- Help with light prep or plating of foods
- Willingness to communicate and work as a team to accomplish goals
- Prior knowledge or experience of front of house service
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as server
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple customer demands
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures in high detail
- Able to provide service with a smile
- Ability to work as a team with excellent communication skills
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Flexibility- ability to cover different needs in the kitchen and ability to adjust to changes
- Sense of urgency- during meal rush we need quick, efficient staff
- Hospitality- the south is known for it and we promote this fully.
- Team builder- we are a close knit staff community and we support each other.
- Accountability, professionalism, organization, and a strong work ethic
We provide housing in a one bedroom, one bath private apartment on the island to employees. All rent, utilities, and food are included. We also provide a health, vision, and dental insurance plan, 401k plan, and life insurance.
Compensation: Hourly based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: 12.00 per hour & Housing & Meals & Benefits