For guides 80-90% of your hours will be guiding tours with opportunities for tips and the other 10-20% will be maintaining gear, inspecting the course or trail, and other optional work projects. Those that wish to learn advanced skills and show dedication to their jobs may be able to receive additional paid training for advancement and additional skill development.
All Supervisors and Managers started at entry level position and have worked their way up which means they know and understand your job and provide the full support and training needed to be successful. It also means that upward mobility is possible for those that excel.
Most positions start at $13 per hour plus tips (CDL drivers have higher starting pay).
All employees must be able to start between Mid-April and Early-June and must be able to stay until at-least mid-August with a preference for those with the availability to stay until the end of September.
Please note that while recreational Marijuana is legal in the state of Alaska its use is not permitted by Kawanti Adventures. Due to the high-risk nature of our tours, we do drug test throughout your employment and we have zero tolerance for drug use.
DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for administering all aspects of the Maintenance Department related to airworthiness and safety of a fleet of float equipped DeHavilland Beavers and Otters operated by Taquan Air. This position requires a high level of expertise in aircraft maintenance, regulatory compliance, engaged leader with personnel management, policies, processes, and department standard operating procedures. In conjunction with upper management, the individual will continue development of policies, procedures, and systems to maximize safe and efficient maintenance and utilization of company aircraft.
Chief Executive Officer (Accountable Executive)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for conducting safe maintenance operations in compliance with all applicable local, State, and Federal regulations and Company procedures (FAA SMS Voluntary Program) and assure that all aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition.
• Maintain the aircraft technical library for A.D.s and S.B.s.
• Implement effective aircraft maintenance, inspection and repair schedules in accordance with Federal Air Regulations, company manuals, and manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Implement, manage, and maintain the Approved Aircraft Inspection Program, General Maintenance Manual, Maintenance Training Program and participate in company’s SMS program.
• Oversee Company Approved Aircraft Inspection Program (AAIP).
• Responsible for ensuring that all aircraft maintenance records conform to FAA standards.
• Through established procedures ensure that the flight operations department is provided with a current status of all aircraft, and coordination with flight department continuously.
• Oversee the management of aircraft parts procurement, inventory, and balances tied to financial spending.
• Maintain tool calibration data and dates of applicable tools.
• Create annual budget according to maintenance schedule, staff needs, and procurement forecasting and manage business decisions to the approved budget.
• Work in conjunction with Human Resources to recruit, and if necessary, terminate maintenance personnel.
• Hire, train, and supervise maintenance department personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with various Regulatory Agencies’ personnel,
both in person and in writing.
• Must be able to read, write and understand safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions,
training manuals, Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS), maintenance bulletins and procedure
• Must be able to effectively operate the company’s computer-based applications/software and
aircraft maintenance tracking programs, to include Manager Plus and Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to communicate effectively and implement strategies that drive employee morale,
productivity and advancement.
• Ability to lead a team of maintenance technicians and external service providers to drive
Education and Experience:
• Meet the requirements of FAR 119.71(e)
• Minimum five years of experience in maintaining aircraft with verifiable practical experience as
an active aircraft mechanic in a maintenance organization.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory position in a maintenance organization.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a Part 135 environment.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of FARs, aircraft technical
bulletins, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, aircraft systems and the ability to transfer
this knowledge to applicable personnel.
• FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certification or license (A&P).
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and must meet the company's vehicle insurance
• Previous experience maintaining DeHavilland Beavers, Otters, and PT-6 (and Floats preferred).
• Previous Director of Maintenance or Chief Inspector experience preferred.
• FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) acquired prior to employment is preferred.
• College Degree preferred.
A&P mechanic, full time, permanent.
Aircraft fleet of DeHavilland DHC-2 Beavers and DHC-3 Turbine Otters.
Flexible work schedule: Day shift during winter months and swing shift during busy summer months
Summary of essential job functions, responsibilities and duties:
- Adhere to all applicable FARs, company policies and procedures
- Inspect, perform maintenance, make repairs, troubleshoot and conduct tests to keep aircraft operating efficiently and safely
- Good communications with colleagues, supervisors, pilots and flight department
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance or his designee
- A&P license
- Recent A&P activity within the past two years
- Recent A&P graduates are welcome to apply
- Pass background check
- Pass pre-employment and random drug screening
- Provide adequate set of tools
- Compensation is DOE and negotiable for the right set of skills that fit company needs
- Other benefits: Relocation, housing allowance and benefits such as health insurance, 401K, reduced airline travel, etc.
How to Apply
Due to COVID-19 we have limited positions open at this time. Please check back with us this fall for information on the 2021 summer season.