As a residential volunteer with Innisfree, individuals will experience the joys and challenges of a life-sharing
community, learning to be open to new experiences, expanding their skills and uncovering new gifts and
talents. At the core of the volunteer experience, is the building of genuine connections with the coworkers (residents with disabilities) as well as other community members. This fostering of community is what allows each individual to develop genuine relationships, and promote an environment of inclusion and acceptance.
Volunteer Applications are being accepted in monthly cycles. If selected as a volunteer candidate please expect the application process to take between 3-5 weeks to be processed for review by the Volunteer Acceptance Committee.
The Volunteer Application comes in 3 sections:
- Part 1 includes contact information, employment and volunteer history, and educational background. After an initial review, if potential volunteer criteria are met, an applicant will be notified via email with a link to proceed with part 2.
- Part 2 includes essay questions and 3 professional references.
- Part 3 includes a video interview and a community information session with the volunteer recruiter. Applicants who meet volunteer criteria will receive notification of the interview date approximately 1 week after receipt of the finished online application. The interview will take place on a designated video platform unless an in-person visit is scheduled.
Innisfree Village is looking for motivated, passionate, and conscientious candidates dedicated to rural community living with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. A life-sharing experience with Innisfree Village gives individuals unique experiences for discovery and growth:
Through the development of meaningful relationships and connections with individuals from all walks of life.
Through the building of skills and knowledge in community living, caregiving, and therapeutic work.
Through opportunities to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
Life at Innisfree requires patience, a good sense of humor, and a willingness to learn and adapt. Where profound joys and real-life challenges go hand in hand, emotional maturity and health are essential factors for success. We are seeking individuals who are compassionate, enthusiastic, and committed to a meaningful service experience.
Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities is a plus, but not required. During a volunteer's first month, training is provided in all areas of village life through a combination of structured instruction and hands-on application, with guidance and support along the way from a variety of community members. The orientation period is designed to give our volunteers a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities, while also embracing and utilizing an individual's existing knowledge, skills, abilities, and life experiences in order to create a well-rounded and personalized training and orientation experience.
- Candidates commit to one year of service, with the option of additional year(s) of service
- Candidates will have the equivalent of a high school diploma. Further college or comparable experience is a plus.
- Candidates exhibit patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
How to Apply
Visit our website to learn more and apply online via the link below!