Are you ready to make a positive impact with youth/young adults while having nature as your office? Come join our team as a Field Mentor. We are looking for great candidates to join our trainings held monthly. Please take a moment to review the job description to see if you would make a great fit. We are excited to speak with you!
We are looking for an outdoorsy people-person to take on the role of Field Mentor and join us for one of the trainings listed below.
- August 24th - 31st
- September 21st - 28th
- October 19th - 26th
Our base is in Huntington, UT approximately 2 hours northwest of Moab and 2 hours south of Salt Lake City. Staff can live ANYWHERE! Commuting only twice in an 8-day period allows for lots of flexibility in your location. Housing provided the day before and the day after rotation for ease of travel. Lots of our staff carpool!
- Adventure activities - climbing, rappelling, fly fishing, stand-up paddle boarding, low ropes initiatives, and mountain biking.
- Great team culture
- Great Work/Life balance with around 150 days on a year
- Competitive wage ranging from $36,400 to $49,920 a year annually
- Up to $1,100 in other bonuses the first year of employment
- 16 days of Paid Time Off each year
- Training Stipend of $500 on first check
- Gear Lending Library (you can borrow gear from us that you don’t own yet)
- Temporary Housing available in Huntington, UT for first three off-shifts
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance after one month of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pro-deals with multiple outdoor gear and apparel companies
- Ability to lift and carry 55+ lbs
- Ability to walk up to 2-5 miles a day
- Ability to drive to Huntington, UT in all types of weather (lots of our team carpool)
- At least 20 years old or older
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Pass Utah and FBI background checks
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening
- First Aid/CPR and/or WFR Training - Paid by Elements if not certified
We are a locally-owned and operated wilderness therapy program specializing in therapeutic expeditions for teen and adult clients struggling with difficult challenges and life circumstances.
This is a unique schedule where Field Mentors work 8 days straight for 15+ hours a day followed by 6 days off. The position provides direct care in a backcountry setting to clients with acute mental, emotional, and behavioral healthcare needs.
We provide an 8-day intensive training where we teach you our therapeutic modalities, outdoor living skills, group management techniques, expedition logistics, adventure activities, and much more. Furthermore, your first 24 days of employment will be an on-the-job apprenticeship to provide continued training and experience to prepare you for the position. For more information about Elements, please visit our website!
If you love people, enjoy spending most of your time outdoors, and can see yourself doing this for at least a year, we encourage you to apply.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our recruitment team at email@example.com
How to Apply
Once you have filled out an application via our website, the recruitment team will reach out via email with next steps in the process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!