The height of our season runs from May 1 - October 1, with early and late season opportunities available.
Please note all wages shown are starting wages for the respective positions.
As a member of the Denali Brewpub team it is your responsibility to maintain our four core principles: Safety, Quality, Production and Teamwork.
- Prior kitchen and serving/bartending experience preferred but not required.
- Alaska Food Handler card.
- Alaska TAPS card. (21+)
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to think and act creatively, while conforming to existing standard operating procedures and DEC regulations.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Ability to sit/stand/bend/walk and maintain manual dexterity for duration of work period.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs., and work in extreme hot and cold environments.
- Have a flexible schedule, be a team player.
Duties will include:
- Maintain appearance, cleanliness, and general ambiance in accordance with the culture of Denali Brewpub.
- Become proficient at execution of required stations.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Quality control all product delivered to guests in a timely manner.
- Develop a strong understanding of recipes and food/drink preparation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the POS.
- Develop a strong understanding of the menu, craft beers, spirits, and wines.
- Develop a strong understanding of restaurant layout, server sections and seating charts.
- Opening and closing duties and side work as outlined in the FOH and BOH binder.
- Proper cash handling while providing exceptional customer service.
- Greet guests and create a welcoming environment.
- Seat guest in an orderly fashion in accordance with the seating rotation, considering business volume, staff strength and kitchen readiness.
- Promote our retail program (merchandise sales, to go beverage sales, etc.)
- Maintain a neat and orderly merchandise program.
- Keep menus stocked, clean and organized.
- Bus and clean tables, booths, chairs, and surrounding areas.
- Wash glassware and plates for service.
- Deliver food and beverages.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and keep the food window clean and organized.
- Communicate with kitchen staff to maximize efficiency, organization and maintain good ticket times.
- Carry large trays of food and multiple plates long distances in a crowded environment.
- Follow up with guests to ensure they have everything they need.
- Maintain food cost by using portion controls and minimizing loss.
- Prepare food.
- Clean kitchen equipment and stock kitchen as needed.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully team members.
- Assist all other stations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
How to Apply
Ready to explore becoming a part of the Denali Brewpub family? We're excited to hear from you! Email your application or resume today - we'll be in touch soon!