Our positions include retail sales associates, retail supervisors, and warehouse associate positions starting at $15.00 per hour and up depending on experience and availability.
Cool As A Moose operates 3 stores on Main St. in Bar Harbor. Each has a unique vibe, with their own specialties:
- Cool As A Moose - Our flagship store featuring our mascot "Hermie", along with gifts and keepsakes, sunglasses, toys, and more.
- Acadia Trading Post - Unique gifts and clothing featuring Acadia National Park
- The Beehive General Store - A modern take on a classic New England general store
- Warehouse - Process incoming merchandise, pick orders to refill floor stock
Our season runs May through October with July and August being our busiest months.
Our sales associates work as a team to greet our customers and keep the store looking sharp! Duties include welcoming shoppers to our stores, assisting customers with product info, recommendations, and helping them find the perfect keepsake. Expect a fast-paced atmosphere as we fold garments, restock inventory, and maintain our merchandising displays. Be prepared to get your 10,000 steps each day, and be able to do some light lifting if necessary. This is a great place to start if you're looking to get some customer service experience!
- Maintaining a safe, clean, fun, and orderly store environment
- Welcoming customers to our stores
- Assisting shoppers with product info, recommendations, availability, etc.
- Promoting and selling products
- Folding garments and restocking inventory
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Friendly, upbeat demeanor, with a sales-oriented personality
- The ability to treat all shoppers equally and to make them feel welcome in our stores
- Team player with the ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift up to 40 pounds
Our retail supervisors are the heart of the sales floor, maintaining a constantly changing environment of customers and merchandise, all while helping manage our rotation of sales associates. All duties of our sales associates apply, along with the added responsibilities of opening and closing operations, cash handling and deposits, and maintaining our daily floor schedule of the sales associates rotation throughout the store. Some management and/or leadership experience is helpful as you will be asked to manage the sales floor in the absence of one of our managers. This is a great opportunity to expand your leadership experience and lead a great team!
- All duties and responsibilities of our Sales Associate position
- Assist customers with product and company information, promotions, and policies regarding returns and exchanges, as well as sale items
- Process store transactions on the POS system, and be able to handle difficult transactions and situations as they arise
- Model exceptional customer service
- Perform opening and closing duties including cash handling, deposits, and daily sales reports
- In the absence of a manager, provide shift supervision and leadership to associates
- Help process web orders and maintain daily updating of web site inventory
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skill with the ability to communicate confidently
- Excellent sales skills with the ability to provide quality customer service
- Friendly, upbeat demeanor, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to accurately handle opening/closing accounting procedures and complex POS transactions
- Ability to supervise and lead sales associates on duty
- Previous POS experience helpful, basic computer skills are key
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift 40 pounds
Prefer a "back of house" retail opportunity? Like to dig into a task and see it through to the end? Have a great eye for detail and like to see things organized and tidy? Our warehouse associates position is ideal for people wanting to stay focused and very, very busy throughout the day. Every day we receive dozens of boxes of merchandise that need processing. From receiving against a purchase order, tagging items with price and size tags, and folding garments for storage in our warehouse, there is never a down moment for our warehouse associates. This position is more physically demanding than our retail store positions, requiring lots of lifting, along with carrying many boxes up flights of stairs. Get paid to work out, no gym membership necessary!
- Maintain a safe, clean, and functional warehouse and work space
- Process merchandise for the sales floor and warehouse storage, including folding, tagging, etc.
- Verify shipments by matching product to packing slips and purchase orders
- Document discrepancies in shipments and warehouse stock
- Initiate transfers of product between stores
- Pull and restock the sales floor throughout the day
- Assist with conducting rolling inventories and other product maintenance duties
- Maintain proper floor stock by conducting spot inventories on popular items
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail; able to differentiate between colors, sizes, and garment styles
- Able to read and comprehend computer-generated packing slips and inventory reports
- Able to accurately match packing slips with merchandise and document discrepancies
- Problem solve, ask questions, resolve issues as needed
- Basic computer and data entry abilities
- Ability to repeatedly lift 40 pound boxes, and carry them up flights of stairs
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions on the Apply Now link. We look forward to reviewing your application and will contact you if we would like to discuss the opportunity further.