Incredible Outdoor Adventures. Feel the spirit, explore the beauty, and live the adventure that is part of the Colorado Rocky Mountains!
The Colorado Adventure Center is a well established whitewater rafting and aerial adventure company with basecamps located in Idaho Springs and Glenwood Springs. We are one of the largest adventure outfitters in the state, housing whitewater rafting, a fabulous Zip Line operation and brand new Aerial Adventure Park providing hours of thrills and adventure for thousands of guests each year.
Located just 30 minutes West of Denver, Colorado near the Historic Mining Town of Idaho Springs.
About Colorado Adventure Center Inc.
As one of the largest Outfitters in the state of Colorado, we are able to offer more activities and adventures than any other single company this close to Denver! With nearly 30 years in the outdoor adventure industry, we’ve assembled a highly experienced & knowledgeable team of experts lead your adventures. Housing a rafting operation, an 8 Line High-Tower Zipline, and an Aerial Adventure Park, we are the one-stop-shop for a Colorado Adventure! We are located near the historic mining town of Idaho Springs in the Clear Creek Valley. With an area so rich in history, we’ve built the finest basecamp and facilities that are second to none right alongside the banks of the raging Clear Creek. Feel the spirit, explore the beauty, and live the adventure that is part of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
PROFESSIONAL COLORADO RIVER GUIDES & ACTIVITY SPECIALISTS
All CAC guides go through intense training and are committed to the highest standards of professionalism. In addition, we use the most technically advanced outdoor gear including self-bailing rafts, Type V personal flotation devices, Full body harnesses, steel hardware, all inspected daily. All of our guides are fully certified within the State of Colorado and maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications. Some hold Swiftwater Rescue, ACCT, and Wilderness First Aid certifications, while others have more extensive training as EMTs and Wilderness First Responders.
The Employee Experience
Our staff experience is set amongst a diverse team. We learn and appreciate differences in perspective. We serve guests from all over the world. We experience and appreciate the intense, rugged beauty of Colorado. We share that experience and appreciation with others, every day. We are Safety minded, Service driven, Community based, and Love what we do!
You have a desire to grow as a person, a team member, and a community member. You value positive culture, open communication, and mutual respect. You have an urge to get outside, to hike a mountain, to sit by the fire, to look at the stars.
We are committed to personal growth and positive culture, and our benefits reflect that. Our benefits help you every day, not after a yearly report.
Room and Board
Our basecamp is located within about a 30-minute drive from the outside of Denver. We have employees who choose to find rentals or stay with friends and family throughout the summer. We are also one of the few outfitters in the Clear Creek Valley that has on-site tent and car camping for our staff members. Our facilities offer bathroom/shower, as well as free passes to the Recreation Center in the nearby town of Idaho Springs within about a 5-minute drive. Restaurants, grocery stores, laundry are all available in Idaho Springs.
- In-House Certifications - Our qualified instructors are able to offer training and certification assessments for our staff in-house in CPR/First Aid, and Swift water Rescue.
- High $5’s - A $5 reward for work performed by any staff that goes above and beyond the standard of care. One to be given to a member of our team every day!
- Weekly Safety Briefs - A weekly discussion of risk management, situational awareness, and preparation of the week ahead.
- Return Season Training Credits - Training credits are given to returning staff relative to their hours worked in the previous year to be used on in-house certifications.
- Cross Department Training - Returning or qualifying staff may train in multiple departments being able to take our guests on full day adventures across all of our activities.
- Family Adventures – A set trip time available for staff to bring a set amount of direct family members for a discounted adventure.
- Staff Award Season - A summer season monthly stand out recognition of a staff member from each department for top performance, attendance, and safety/sales. Reward and recognition at each of our monthly staff gatherings (cook-out).
Getting Here and Getting Around
Our basecamp is located right along the frontage road that would take you into the nearby town of Idaho Springs within a 5-minute drive. Idaho Springs is a small town but has all the major facilities that you would need. A reliable vehicle is encouraged.
Being outside and working in the beautiful Colorado summer is fun in and of itself but beyond your “work” our staff has access to a multitude of other activities. Within a 30 minute drive, you have the big city of Denver to the East and the Continental Divide to the West holding some of Colorado’s most amazing 14,000ft peaks. Mountain biking, hiking, climbing, kayaking, it’s hard to be able to do it all! We also highly encourage our staff to take part in the activities within the company as well!