Accessible Outdoor Adventures. Be a part of our community.
The Colorado Adventure Center is a well established whitewater rafting and aerial adventure company located in Idaho Springs. We are one of the largest adventure outfitters in the state, housing whitewater rafting, a fabulous Zip Line operation and brand new Aerial Adventure Park providing hours of thrills and adventure for thousands of guests each year.
Located just 30 minutes West of Denver, Colorado near the Historic Mining Town of Idaho Springs.
About Colorado Adventure Center Inc.
As one of the largest Outfitters in the state of Colorado, we are able to offer more activities and adventures than any other single company this close to Denver! With nearly 30 years in the outdoor adventure industry, we’ve assembled a highly experienced & knowledgeable team of experts to lead your adventures. With a rafting operation, an 8 Line High-Tower Zipline, and an Aerial Adventure Park, we are the one-stop-shop for a Colorado Adventure! We are located near the historic mining town of Idaho Springs in the Clear Creek Valley. Feel the spirit, explore the beauty, and live the adventure that is part of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
PROFESSIONAL COLORADO RIVER GUIDES & ACTIVITY SPECIALISTS
All CAC guides go through intense training and are committed to the highest standards of professionalism. All of our guides are fully certified within the State of Colorado and maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications. Some hold Swiftwater Rescue, ACCT, and Wilderness First Aid certifications, while others have more extensive training as EMTs and Wilderness First Responders.
The Employee Experience
Our staff experience is set amongst a diverse team. We learn and appreciate differences in perspective. We serve guests from all over the world. We experience and appreciate the intense, rugged beauty of Colorado. We live and act on our values:
- Practice Safety
- Hold ourselves Accountable
- Care about others
- Love what we do
- Support each other
- Seek Growth
You have a desire to grow as a person, a team member, and a community member. You value positive culture, open communication, and mutual respect. You have an urge to get outside, to hike a mountain, to sit by the fire, to look at the stars.
We are committed to personal growth and positive culture.
Room and Board
Our basecamp is located within about a 30-minute drive from the outside of Denver. We can offer limited on-site tent and car camping for our staff members. Our main office offers a bathroom/shower, and employees receive free passes to the Recreation Center in the nearby town of Idaho Springs, about a 5-minute drive. Restaurants, grocery stores, laundry are all available in Idaho Springs.
- FREE TRAINING for Full-time committing staff. Outdoor Recreation Tourism can offer a rewarding career that should have no financial barriers to start. We desire to make our careers accessible for all, as we desire the outdoors to be. We have abundant growth opportunities that only we can explore together.
- In-House Training - Our qualified instructors are able to offer training and certification assessments for our staff in-house in CPR/First Aid, and Swift water Rescue.
- Weekly Safety Briefs - A weekly discussion of risk management, situational awareness, and preparation of the week ahead.
- Cross Department Training - Returning or qualifying staff may train in multiple departments being able to take our guests on full day adventures across all of our activities.
- Family Adventures – A set trip time available for staff to bring a set amount of direct family members for a discounted adventure.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Our basecamp is located right along the frontage road that would take you into the nearby town of Idaho Springs within a 5-minute drive. Idaho Springs is a small town but has all the major facilities that you would need. A reliable vehicle is encouraged, but not required.
Being outside and working in the beautiful Colorado summer is fun in and of itself but beyond your “work” our staff has access to a multitude of other activities. Within a 30 minute drive, you have the big city of Denver to the East and the Continental Divide to the West holding some of Colorado’s most amazing 14,000ft peaks. Mountain biking, hiking, climbing, kayaking, it’s hard to be able to do it all! We also encourage our staff to take part in the activities within the company as well!