Join the Cape Fox Team in Ketchikan, Alaska this 2023 Summer Season!
Cape Fox Tours is a local tour operator and transportation company in Ketchikan, Alaska. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service and creating experiences that last a lifetime for our guests. Come work for a culturally driven company with vast, diverse opportunities who value you, your talent and your growth.
In Ketchikan and Saxman, located in Southeast Alaska. Located on Revillagigedo Island, approximately 1.75 hour direct flight from Seattle. Surrounded by the pristine Tongass National Forest and breathtaking waves of the Tongass Narrows.
About Cape Fox Tours
Cape Fox Tours is a tourism company located in Ketchikan, Alaska. We operate guided cultural, culinary and historical land excursions along with transportation services for other tour operators in Ketchikan.
We are looking for highly motivated adventure-seeking individuals to join our team for the summer season. Those individuals will have the time of their lives while working for one of the largest companies in Ketchikan. We have several positions open for the summer season. We have a diverse job field for full-time, part-time, entry-level, certified-level and more. We invite you to learn more about our opportunities and apply today!
Come work for an company that can teach you the importance of heritage while affording you the ability to experience life in Ketchikan, Alaska. Island life couldn't be more fun than being on the Cape Fox Tours team!
The Employee Experience
Working in Ketchikan, Alaska is the ultimate adventure that you will talk about for years to come. You will meet new people from all over the world, make new friends, explore the great outdoors of the Tongass National Forest, learn about the history and native culture of the area, catch a giant salmon or halibut, see an abundance of wildlife up close, and so much more.
We are proud to share our culture and destination with our guests and employees. Our diverse set of employees range in all different ages and skill levels (including students and teens). The variety of jobs available provide more than just added skills and experience. We can offer adventure and a learning experience like no other.
Join our team for the Summer!
Cape Fox Tour is looking for individuals who value hard-work, talent, creativity, honesty, collaboration, and have a desire to learn and grow.
Training for some positions can start earlier that April. We operate around the Alaskan tourism season including vacations on cruise ships, airlines, and ferries; work trips and conferences, and stay-cations for the locals. The summer season runs from mid-April through the end of October.
Room and Board
Dorm-style housing is available for full-season staff and on a first come first serve basis. There is a daily rate associated with housing that covers rent, utilities, and basic furniture.
Meal discounts are available at all of our restaurants. This does not include alcohol. Please ask the hiring manager for more details in regards to discount rate.
Cape Fox Tours tries hard to make sure that employees have a profitable, memorable and fun summer.
Perks may include and are not limited to the following:
- Paid training at the beginning of the season
- Competitive pay for your position and experience
- Cash gratuity *varies by position
- Discounted and/or free shore excursions
- Bonus compensation *determined by Manager per establishment/department
- Team events and gatherings
- Discounts on meals and gift shops *determined by Manager per establishment/department
- Opportunities for overtime and advancements
Getting Here and Getting Around
Getting to Ketchikan
Alaska Airlines offers multiple daily flights between Seattle and Ketchikan, and the Alaska Marine Highway System (Alaska State Ferry) connects to Bellingham, WA. It is the employee's responsibility to make their own travel arrangements.
Once in Ketchikan
A vehicle is not necessary but makes exploring the area a lot more fun and easier. You can bring your own vehicle via the Alaska State Ferry, one of the barge options (Alaska Marine Lines or Samson Tug & Barge), or purchase/rent one in town.
The Ketchikan Gateway Borough provides bus transportation throughout the City of Ketchikan and outside city-limits. Route prices and passes may vary.
Get Out And Explore
Ketchikan is filled with so many activities to do both indoor and outdoor, along with landmarks and city highlights to see. This small town has a lot going on in the summer for you to check out and add to your experience. Here is a short list of opportunities you can partake in:
- Holiday Events (Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, 4th of July parade and fireworks, Labor Day)
- Festivals (Blueberry Arts Festival, Bar Harbor Ale House Beer Fest, and other local art pop-ups)
- Shore Excursions (Misty Fjords boat ride, ziplining, adventure karts, crab feasts, canoes, kayaks, lumberjack show, Aleutian Ballad crabbing tour, and more)
- Fishing (Salmon Capital of the World, also great for halibut, cod, crabbing and shrimping)
- Creek Street (Historic Red Light District with shops, restaurants and local art)
- Movie Theater (even we get the big box office hits)
- Totems & Culture (Saxman Native Village, Totem Bight State Park, Southeast Discovery Center, Tongass Historical Museum)
- Recreation Center & Gym (largest in Southeast Alaska with basketball courts, aquatic center, cardio room, free weights and variety of classes)
- Hiking (Deer Mountain or any of the other 10 plus trails - easy, moderate and difficult options)
- Bar Scene (there are over 30 bars in Ketchikan, a few breweries and a distillery some with karaoke, open mic night, pool, themed parties and trivia)
- Restaurants (all of Cape Fox establishments and several others)
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining the Cape Fox Tours team! To apply, simply click on the "Apply Here" button to be taken to our online application.
Join our Cape Fox family and experience Ketchikan, Alaska this summer!