Current Job dates:
Currently recruiting for jobs that start between May 1st, 2024 and September 21st, 2024.
The ATV Guide requires the applicant to safely and professionally navigate trails while being responsible for the safety of up to 10 other guests driving machines. This position carries an enormous responsibility. The position requires a very high degree of professionalism, confidence and knowledge. Excellent communication, customer service and multi-tasking skills are also required. You do clean and take care of your machines, do pre trip inspections, talk with guests, and have a great time providing guests with an experience of a lifetime. Your shift entails you arriving before the guests, servicing and checking your machines, making sure all the gear is clean and ready, greeting the guests, taking them on established trails that we train you to go on, meeting the customers expectations while following our safety rules, and having a great tour every time. We are excited for this year as we just bought 40 new machines for 2023! It is looking to be a great season for us.
Our HR position is almost an activities coordinator but also bridges the gap between the management staff and our other staff members. We are looking for someone to help keep people and processes performing at their best. Our HR manager maintain and develops effective internal procedures, handle employee-related issues, support recruiting and retention efforts, and keep performance at peak levels. Most importantly interpersonal skills are a must to be able to naturally identifying problems, find solutions, and nurturing job satisfaction. You will be helping with employee free activities with the other companies in the area, helping with schedule issues, and also housing. This is a very important position as a lot of our staff is very young and can be demanding but also very fun as you are in charge of a lot of our employee parties which are great fun and something everyone looks forward to.
Our mechanic position is very active. You mostly work on ATV's and Golf Carts but we have some vans and equipment as well. In general you would inspect, service, and repair motorized power equipment. Our shop is pretty large and well-ventilated. You do have to go out on the trails sometimes and retrieve or replace a broken machine so we are looking for someone who is adventurous and fun and also hard working. You work directly with our front desk manager and the guides as well as occasionally being an ATV guide in a pinch. You earn a lot of tips with this position because the guides tip out to you for maintaining the machines.
This position carries an enormous responsibility as you are responsible for the safety of guests & horses. A very high degree of professionalism, confidence, knowledge, excellent communication, customer service, and multi-taking skills are required. This is a very fun job as well where you have an opportunity to talk with guests and help make their Alaskan Vacation memorable and special. We schedule a 40 hour work week with two tours a day or one tour and side work such as working with the horses feeding and watering and grooming. We have 18 draft horses each with their own unique personalities and it is a very fun outdoors active job. We work in all weather conditions and strive to provide a very special experience for our staff and our guests.
We have a fantastic line cook position. We produce great food that you can be proud to serve and we have a small but great crew. It can get pretty hot in our kitchen but we do have a giant window that looks out onto the Alaskan mountain range and the golf course.
We are mostly busy for our dinner service but are also open for lunch. We serve guests at our back country pavilion as well and that is a fun chance to get outdoors and cook barbeque. If you are easy going and love to cook this is the job for you!
In general you accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food, such as cleaning station and washing dishes, and final plate preparation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served. Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager
- Assists in dishwashing and food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Think ahead to plan for food preparation and recipes in upcoming day’s events
The front desk is the hub of all information and activities for guests, vendors, and employees and it is a very faced paced, busy environment. This position carries and enormous responsibility: usually being the first to welcome guests, you are viewed as all-knowing. The position requires a very high degree of professionalism, confidence, and knowledge. Excellent communication, customer service, and multi-tasking skills are required. Because there is so much to learn at Black Diamond we would want you to start April 15th for two weeks of training before the majority of the staff arrives. We have a nice, single trailer for managers and also some perks of a daily meal. This is scheduled 40 hours a week but there is often overtime if you want that for this position.
Our building maintenance position is a very active and fun position. We have a very unique and challenging business with a lot of variety such as our main building which has a gift shop, front desk, dining room, bathrooms, and kitchen equipment such as our ovens and dishwashers. We also run a 28 room hotel so work with hot water issues and some plumbing and then we run a fairly large employee housing facility. This is a bit of a black hole in that there is so much work to do there to improve and maintain it this is where you spend a great deal of your time. It is an active position that require a bit of an all around person. We do offer single housing options for this position as well. There is a ton of variety and a lot of fun working with us.