Work, Live & Ski in Alta, Ut
Jobs in the Spotlight
The winter season runs from late November 2019 through April 19, 2019. There is a week of clean up at the end of the season available for some employees.
Most positions don't need any experience other than customer service skills and a good work ethic. Most kitchen and management positions do require at least 3 - 5 years of experience.
All applicants should be aware that housing on site is dormitory style with shared bath in hall. A respect for your fellow employees is a must. References will be checked for work ethic along with honesty and integrity.
Assists AM lead in operation from opening (6 a.m.) through lunch service. Strong leadership qualities are essential. Ensures that morning staff arrive to work and complete required task for on time breakfast service. Covers AM lead shift on days off.View Job Description
Prepares food for extensive breakfast buffet (7:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.)
Cooks eggs and other breakfast items ordered a la carte
Works hot lunch line (burgers, fish,pastas,specials)
Ability to read tickets and produce quality product quickly
Follows set recipes.
Assists in prep and cleaning when needed.
6 a.m. - 3 p.m. - 5 days/week - extra help required at holiday times
Dorm style housing available on site/ Single room housing off site
Skiing privilegesView Job Description
Attend breakfast buffet following all Rustler protocols
Assist in running food to buffet
Assist servers in delivery of entrees and dessert
Clearing dishes from tables and carrying trays
Cleaning of dining room service area and employee areas
Customer service skills a must!!!
Great ski time!!View Job Description
Maintains cleanliness of dining room, service area and employee dining area.
Assists servers and dining room manager in clearing dining room tables in timely and correct manner.
Sweeping and mopping service area and employee dining area
Vacuuming main dining roomView Job Description
Experienced cook needed to assist chef and Sous I in preparing meals, managing kitchen staff, ordering and maintaining quality standards in high end kitchen. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner On or off site housing available Skiing privilegesView Job Description
Performs cleaning of all lodge dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, pans along with cleaning of kitchen areas, equipment, and utensils.
Sweep and mop kitchen floors
May assist all cooks and chef as needed with prep work.
Dorm style housing available.
Great ski timeView Job Description
Cleaning of guest rooms and some public areas per Alta's Rustler Lodge protocols
Attention to details a must
Follow all lodge protocols regarding cleaning rooms and public areas
Bus pass, lunch and break provided
No housing available
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.View Job Description
6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m./ 2 p.m. - 10 p.m. 5 days/week
Great ski time!!!
View Job Description
- Clean all public area bathrooms (there are 12) this includes:sweeping & mopping floors, scrubbing toilets, washing mirrors, dusting/washing dividers, scrubbing showers, restocking paper products, wiping counters, and emptying trash
- Cleaning the bar: wiping surfaces behind bar, cleaning mirror, vacuuming floors, wiping down stools, dusting light fixtures, mopping behind bar (floor and mats)
- Clean fitness center: vacuuming floors, washing mirrors, dusting blinds, dusting equipment, emptying laundry, and arranging yoga mats,
- Clean business center and conference room. Mostly vacuuming and dusting
- Cleaning Spa/pool area hallway: Mostly vacuuming, window washing, and dusting
- Deep clean the steam room 2-3 times a week
- Clean employee laundry area (sweep, dust, and empty garbage)
- Vacuum staircases and hallways
- Dust and vacuum main lobby
- Clean the inside of elevators (walls, buttons, floors, and door sliding tracks)
- Empty trash in hallways and common areas
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision once trained in correct procedures
- Attention to detail a must
- Must adhere to Alta's Rustler Lodge dress code standards
Serving guests lunch and dinner or dinner only shifts available
Lunch a la carte menu
Dinner 4 course sit down menu
Skiing and meal benefits
Great ski time!
Reliable canyon vehicle (4X4) required
Off site housing (single room with shared common areas) $200/month (includes basic foods too)View Job Description
How to Apply
Follow the links below to our online application and to learn more. Please consider while applying that full employment history details and references are important. Our season goes from late Nov - mid April. We ask for a full season commitment of all applicants. There is monetary compensation for completing the season in addition to your ski pass refund!