Above and Beyond Alaska (ABAK) is seeking individuals dedicated to creating an exceptional and sincere guest experience on on land, sea, and ice. Our accelerated, short operating season requires team members to pace themselves, maintain consistently superior safety protocol and customer service, and find joy in making someone's day.
Ideal candidates are punctual and professional, dedicated to safety and environmental education, possesses excellent communication skills, and thrive in a work environment that emphasizes a team approach while valuing self-direction
Above and Beyond Alaska (ABAK) specializes in small group adventure tours, often outfitting up to 10 groups per day with top-of-the-line outdoor gear, outerwear and footwear, and hearty snacks. Support Specialists work in tandem with the guide and logistics team to ensure that all tours are properly outfitted for single and multi-day wilderness trips. Additionally, Support Specialists maintain ABAK Facilities, Gear, and Vehicles.Support Specialists are outdoor enthusiasts who are interested in developing guide and technical skills on the ocean or glaciers. Opportunities to kayak, trek, and climb with outdoor professionals abound – frequently, Support Specialists return to ABAK as glacier and sea kayak guides.DUTIES INCLUDE
COMPENSATION$14/hourEnd of Season bonusREQUIREMENTSAge: 21 years of age or olderProfessional Appearance and Excellent Personal HygieneAvailability: May – September (Specific Start/End Dates are Flexible)Experience: 1 year in Customer Relations in Retail/Tourism/or Service Setting-or- 1 year in outdoor recreation, maintenance, or environmental field.Driver’s License valid through September 2019No Moving Violations within the last three yearsREQUIRED CERTIFICATIONSAdult/Child CPR and First AidBONUS SKILLSSewing, Custodial Arts, Carpentry, Food Preparation and Safety, Procurement or Purchasing, Multilingual (ASL Included)View Job Description
- Maintain inventory of food and warehouse supplies.
- Prepare hearty snacks and meals in accordance with client dietary needs and food safety regulations.
- Pack, Clean, and Repair outdoor gear and apparel (We will teach you!)
- Transport equipment, clients, and kayaks to various locations around Juneau.
- Assist guides in outfitting clients, performing retail transactions.
- Maintain a clean front-of-house staging, retail, and restroom area, and a clean and organized back-of-house warehouse workspace.
Represent Above and Beyond Alaska as the first point of contact for the clients that meet us at the cruise ship docks in downtown Juneau.
View Job Description
- Assist with day-to-day tour operations on the cruise ship docks, assisting and entertaining passengers in the short period before their tour departs and acting as liaison with cruise line representatives before, during and after tours have departed.
- Tour reps help to foster sales and settle daily accounting with cruise lines, as well as assisting with other administrative duties as assigned.
- Must enjoy engaging in conversation and working in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent entry level position for anyone interested in tourism, guiding, or a social fun summer position with lots of flexibility.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link provided. We look forward to hearing from you!