Live, Work, Explore in Rocky Mountain National Park - Join our Summer 2022 team!
Xanterra Travel Collection is the largest operator of lodges, restaurants, and concessions in some of America’s most renowned national parks. We operate the Trail Ridge Cafe, Coffee Bar, and retail store located high in the mountains on Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. Come Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Up high on Rocky Mountain National Park’s Trail Ridge Road - the nation’s highest paved roadway!
About Rocky Mountain National Park - Xanterra Travel Collection
Providing guests with Legendary Hospitality while contributing to the preservation of this incredible natural resource is our guiding mission. With this in mind, the history and the future of Rocky Mountain National Park is ingrained in all that we do.
At Rocky Mountain National Park, we are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We offer seasonal positions in retail, food & beverage, and more. Wouldn’t you love to join the team and experience what many people describe as “the best job” of their life?
Xanterra operates the Trail Ridge Cafe, Coffee Bar, and retail store located high in the mountains on Trail Ridge Road – which crests at over 12,000 feet. We're open seasonally from late May to mid-October with a peak season from mid-June to early September and include approximately 60 employees.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Program: Learn more about how we are keeping our employees and guests safe.
The Employee Experience
Working at Rocky Mountain National Park allows you to brag that your life is better than a vacation. Employment with us gives you opportunities for adventure and life-changing experiences. Not only will you grow professionally, but you will also form lifelong friendships with people from all around the world. For a summer or for a career, working at Rocky Mountain National Park is an inspiring place to live and explore.
Our most successful team members have several things in common:
- Adventurous nature: One of the bragging rights of working in a National Park is you get to say “I live where you vacation!”
- Desire for community: You’ll find a sense of belonging living in a community and make lifelong friendships. Your friends, co-workers, and neighbors come from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong work ethic: From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the number of visitors and tour groups increases dramatically. Be ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, contagious attitude
- Longing for a simpler way of life: Embrace life without constant phone and internet connectivity.
Room and Board
Employee housing is located in the beautiful mountain town of Estes Park, CO, right outside the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Housing is dormitory-style with private bathrooms/showers. Each room accommodates 2-4 people.
- Rooms are furnished with beds, dressers, tables, a small refrigerator, and a microwave. A blanket and pillow are provided.
- Room and Board costs are $14.50/day (payroll deducted) and include three meals per day.
- Internet and cable television are provided.
Employees receive discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at Trail Ridge PLUS all Xanterra Park locations! Additional perks include free access to Rocky Mountain National Park, planned employee trips and activities like the holiday party in July, and employee learning, development, and wellness programs.
Getting Here and Getting Around
You may bring your own vehicle! Parking is available on the property.
Estes Park provides a shuttle service during the summer. There is also a hiker’s shuttle at the Estes Park Visitor Center that you can reach by taking the shuttle service provided by Estes Park. These shuttles are free of charge.
With Rocky Mountain National Park in your backyard, your free time can be full of hiking, fishing, rock climbing, horseback riding, wildlife watching, photography, camping, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and stargazing! Estes Park has many quality family-owned restaurants and a major grocery store within 2 miles. Major cities like Longmont, Loveland, and Denver metro are less than 2 hours away.
How to Apply
Create a profile and apply online for any and all positions of interest! A recruiter will be in touch to begin the interview process.