RFTA IS HIRING BUS OPERATORS: Starting mid-October.
Now Accepting CDL Bus Operator Applications for Seasonal employment with Potential for Promotion to Year-Round Positions! RFTA is looking for Seasonal Drivers that are interested in Seasonal Employment with the opportunity for promotion to full-time employment, which provides drivers with an excellent benefits package, including full health insurance, life insurance, dental, vision, and RFTA’s retirement benefits.
- 4 Mountain Ski Pass or $350 Bonus
- Potential for End of Season bonuses, up to $2,600, including $500 bonsus for CDL P2 License hires.
- Housing Opportunities
- Free Bus Pass and Dependent Pass
- Paid CDL Training, if needed
- Excellent Opportunity for promotion to full-time at end of winter season
- Must be able to work out of the RFTA Aspen or Glenwood Springs bus facilities day or night and weekends
- Entry wages start at $19.46/hour plus OT opportunities. There will be an automatic pay increase in January, 2019 to $19.85/hour
OVERVIEW OF JOB DUTIES: (Detailed job description available in RFTA Human Resources)
Performs all duties associated with the operation and transportation of passengers on a transit vehicle.
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within RFTA’s service area as well as RFTA's current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre-trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus controls for use while in service. Also conducts an internal visual inspection at the end of revenue service to collect and turn-in lost items.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read, and write English. Combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class B Colorado State Commercial Driver’s License with a P2 endorsement. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
Experience: Must have five (5) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
This is a seasonal position. Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting in Aspen or Glenwood Springs.
Starting wage at $19.46/hour, OT opportunities at $29.19, with a wage increase in January 2019 to $19.85/hr. Possible end of season bonuses, full Aspen four-mountain ski pass or alternate bonus, housing opportunities, and other end of season bonuses. Additional $500.00 End of Season Bonus for Applicants with valid CDL and P2 endorsement.
Complete a RFTA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION online (https://www.rfta.com/employment/apply-for-a-rfta-job); mail a RFTA application to: RFTA HR – ATTN: Lawrence Bond, 51 Service Center Rd, Aspen, CO 81611; email email@example.com; or by faxing to Lawrence’s attention at (970) 384-4935.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882 (hiring manager) or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free EmployerView Job Description
How to Apply
Please visit our hiring page: https://www.rfta.com/employment/job-openings/bus-operators/
TO APPLY: Complete a RFTA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION and/or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882 (hiring manager) or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Employer