Aspen Bus Drivers: $23.51; Paid CDL Training, Housing, ski pass, bonuses, and more!
Hiring both Year Round CDL Transit Operators, with focus on long-term career RFTA, and Winter Seasonal Drivers, excellent opportunity for promotion. Start right away, both Year Round and Seasonal drivers enjoy Free Health Insurance; Paid CDL Training; $23.00 - $23.50 an hour. $3,500.00 Seasonal Bonus (*Bonuses vary, see our website); & Housing opportunities.
Aspen, CO to Glenwood Springs, CO make up the Roaring Fork Valley. Highlighted by the world famous Aspen, Colorado. RFTA is the lifeline for Aspen and the Valley, transporting skiers and commuters from Aspen to Rifle.
About Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA)
Aspen, Colorado's Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) is a vital link for Aspen's Four Ski areas and for the population of the Roaring Fork Valley. Whether you're here to ski hard on our four mountains, play hard in town, or simply relax with family and friends in the Colorado sunshine, RFTA is here to help provide for all of your transportation needs. RFTA is Colorado's 2nd Largest transit agency, with a big operation employing 200 CDL Bus Operators and nearly 400 employees in total.
RFTA has been in operation since 1983 and is now Colorado's 2nd largest Transportation Authority, the largest rural transit system in the U.S., and the first rural transit agency to construct and operate a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system. RFTA's BRT System began operation in September 2013. RFTA provides commuter bus service from Aspen to Glenwood Springs (Roaring Fork Valley), Glenwood to Rifle (Hogback), intracity service in Aspen and Glenwood Springs, ski shuttle service to the four Aspen Skiing Company ski areas, the Maroon Bells Guided Bus Tours, and a variety of other seasonal services.
RFTA has received numerous awards, including the “Best Mass Transit System of North America” by Mass Transit Magazine and the best “Large Transit Agency of the Year” from the Colorado Association of Transit Agencies. In 2012, RFTA received the White House Champions of Change Transportation Innovator Award. In 2014, RFTA received the Federal Transit Administrator’s Outstanding Public Service Award and a SHIFT Sustainability Award.
The Employee Experience
Why Choose RFTA?
Are you looking for a Seasonal Position or a Career? RFTA is looking for Seasonal or Year-Round drivers for its transit services. RFTA has a commuter line and services Aspen, Colorado, and AspenSnowmass Ski mountain transit.
Competitive Pay, career development, housing opportunities, ski pass, and a great company all equal a great job in Colorado! Come for the winters and stay for the summers.
For those Career minded individuals, choose RFTA for the Benefits! RFTA has one of the most competitive benefits packages around.
RFTA strives for a great culture, and we offer year-round employment at the end of the season.
RFTA's ideal candidate is someone with excellent customer service skills and a clean driving record. Of course our ideal candidate is comfortable driving and thinks of themselves as a good driver.
Room and Board
RFTA recognizes the difficulties in finding affordable housing in our area and we try our best to help out our new and seasonal employees in this regard. During the summer season, we will have housing available in either Snowmass or Basalt. We own two housing complexes in Carbondale with a variety of living quarters' sizes. Additionally, we lease both year-round and seasonal apartments in Burlingame which is located right across from Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen. During the interview and hiring process, we can provide you with any specific information necessary.
For those of you interested in the RFTA Employee Housing rates and availability, please visit our housing web page or please contact Debbie Alcorta at (970) 384-4875, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Housing typically costs about $660 / month (which includes utilities) for your own room, with shared common space.
BENEFITS YOU’LL RECEIVE AS A FULL-TIME RFTA EMPLOYEE
Full-time employees are hired at a wage commensurate with their experience in the appropriate wage grade for their position and are eligible for annual pay rate increases based on performance. The following is a summary of benefits currently offered to Year-Round employees at RFTA.
- Affordable Health Insurance including choice of a PPO or HDHP medical plan, vision, and dental. RFTA pays the majority of the cost. Employees pay between $0 and $30 per month for single coverage and between $274 and $464 per month for dependent coverage depending on plan and level. Employees with access to other medical coverage are eligible for an opt-out cash bonus of $3,654 annually.*
- Wellness Program. RFTA encourages employees and their families to participate in preventative health screenings and reimburses employees for the cost of participation in one of several community health fairs offered annually. We also offer a variety of fun wellness challenges with prizes!
- Short and Long-Term Disability. RFTA offers short and long-term disability insurance to employees at no cost.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. RFTA offers life and AD&D insurance to employees at no cost, with coverage equal to the annual salary plus $10,000 for single employees and five times the annual salary plus $10,000 for employees with eligible dependents. Employees are also eligible to purchase additional insurance.
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans. RFTA offers several options for employees to utilize pre-tax savings accounts including Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, Dependent Care Accounts, and Health Savings Accounts. Employees on the HDHP receive between $1,000 and $1,500 annually* from RFTA for their HSAs.
- Deferred Compensation Plans. After a six-month waiting period, full-time employees are enrolled in RFTA’s 401(a) social security replacement plan. RFTA contributes 12.55% of the employee’s gross earnings to the 401(a) plan in lieu of social security contributions. Employees will see an increase in their take-home pay of approximately 6-7% when their social security deductions stop. RFTA also offers a voluntary 457(b) plan in which employees may contribute to their retirement accounts on either a pre-tax or ROTH basis.
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees with less than five years of service accrue vacation at a rate of 8.5% up to a maximum of 6.8 hours per bi-weekly paycheck. After five years of service, the vacation accrual rate increases to 10.75% up to a maximum of 8.6 hours per bi-weekly paycheck. All full-time employees accrue sick time at a rate of 4.6% up to a maximum of 3.7 hours per bi-weekly paycheck. Sick time has no cap. Vacation accrual caps at 300 hours. RFTA also offers paid time off for jury duty and bereavement.
- Four-Mountain Ski Pass or $425 Cash Bonus. Employees pay applicable taxes on $425 regardless of their choice. Cash bonuses are issued on the pay check before Christmas, and taxes on ski passes are deducted on the pay check after Christmas.
- RFTA Bus Passes for employee and eligible dependents. Passes are good for unlimited rides on valley local, BRT, hogback, and City of Aspen runs; however, employees and family members must pay the $1 fare for Ride Glenwood and $2 bikes on buses fee valley-wide.
- Life Crisis Fund. Funded by employee donations, Life Crisis funds go directly to RFTA employees who are experiencing a life crisis, as determined by the CEO. Donations can be made on a one-time basis, or as ongoing payroll deductions.
- Employee Assistance Program. TRIAD offers confidential counseling and referral services. Employees and their dependents are eligible for three free sessions per issue per year.
- Employee Housing Assistance. In addition to offering rental advance loans to full-time employees in their first three years of service, RFTA has apartments available on a first-come, first-served basis. This includes long-term and seasonal housing at Burlingame in Aspen and in two RFTA owned apartment complexes in Carbondale. Rent includes utilities, other than internet, cable, and phone. Long-term units at Burlingame include one parking spot. There is very limited parking for the seasonal units at Burlingame with a monthly fee. These spots are on a first come first serve basis. Parking is free in Carbondale. Coin laundry machines are available. Rental payments and security deposits are made through payroll deductions. For more information, contact our Housing Department at (970) 384-4875 or email@example.com.
- Other Perks: Winter RFTA Jacket, End of Season Party, Summer Aspen Music Festival Tickets and discounted memberships at the Glenwood Springs Community Center and Aspen Rec Center.
* UPDATED MAY, 2019. THIS SUMMARY IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ENSURE ITS ACCURACY. IF A DISCREPANCY EXISTS BETWEEN INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE AND PLAN DOCUMENTS, THE PLAN DOCUMENTS WILL PREVAIL. RFTA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE BENEFITS AT ANY TIME.
RFTA would love for you to experience sunny Colorado and hopes that you enjoy this area as much as our other employees do. Colorado has great weather year-round due to its world-famous sunny blue skies. Outdoor living at its best. In the summers you can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and camping. In the winter, though it can be cold our employees enjoy all forms of winter sports.
The heart of RFTA is in and around Aspen Colorado, which is best known as a world-class ski destination. There is always something going on, free outdoor concerts, festivals, the X- Games, and so much more. There are a lot of international people that live here as well, from South Americans, Europeans, to Australians. A small town, with big-city options.
Basalt, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, and New Castle also offer a variety of activities, dining, and fun. Set in a stunning mountain valley where Mount Sopris oversees the convergence of the Frying Pan Crystal and the Colorado River, the Roaring Fork Valley has limitless activities to offer anyone that enjoys the outdoors. Skiing, Hiking, Climbing, Mountaineering, Paddleboarding, Kayaking, World Class Fly Fishing, wonderful Hot springs, Golfing, Shopping, Amazing Restaurants, Live Music, Beer Pubs, the Marble Distillery, Film Festivals, Music in the Park, Mountain Fair, Farmers Market, Yoga, or just ‘kicking it’ in the Colorado sunshine. The opportunities here are only limited by imagination.
How to Apply
Please visit our hiring page: https://www.rfta.com/employment/job-openings/hiring-operators/
TO APPLY: Complete an RFTA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION by clicking https://rfta.applicantpro.com/pages/jobcategories/
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882 (Operations hiring manager) or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.