Please make sure to reference our website for more detailed descriptions and to apply!
If you enjoy working in the outdoors, are looking for unique experience, want more from your job than just a paycheck, and you are hard working team player then this is the job for you.
General description of purpose:
Provide guests with a consistently clean and wholesome environment while they stay with Under Canvas. Attend to any additional guest needs as required in order to provide a relaxing and comfortable experience.
Employee’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Acknowledge and greet all guests as you meet them in or around camp
- Make sure the housekeeping carts are stocked at the beginning and end of each shift with appropriate items
- Respect the guest’s personal property and privacy
- Return all guest items that have been left behind to Lost and Found
- Report any items (furniture, lighting fixtures, etc.…) that are broken or need to be exchanged
- Collect and/or pick up trash
- Accomplish all daily assigned tasks
- Strip beds and remake as needed
- Dust or wipe down all furniture and fixtures
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum as needed
- Thoroughly clean bathrooms
- Replace all provided toiletries and sundries
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Constant bending, kneeling, standing and walking
- Ability to continuously lift 25lbs
- Ability to push a loaded cart tent to tent
- Enjoy working outdoors in all temperatures and/or weather
- Communicate well with other housekeepers, managers, and different departments
Employee housing is available for staff members.
Positions available at multiple locations.
If you love the outdoors and take pride in creating memorable first impressions, keep reading!
As a Housekeeping Inspector you play an important role in creating a memorable first impression for our guests from the moment they enter their tent. Known for providing guests with a glamping experience that includes all the comforts and luxury of home, your role is to ensure our tent accommodations are clean, well-maintained, replenished with consumables, and ready for our guests to enjoy their stay. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Attention to Detail
• Take pride in following protocol by meticulously and consistently ensuring our tents are clean, well-stocked, and ready to welcome our guests. This includes sometimes assisting Housekeeping with a few minor touch ups in a tent.
• Interact regularly with co-workers and guests in a genuine, professional manner.
• Report concerns that need attention to the Housekeeping Supervisor in a timely manner.
Reliable and Dependable
• Demonstrate the stamina to work long hours in varying weather conditions.
• Work efficiently to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards.
• Eagerly seek opportunities to ensure guests have everything they need.
WHAT IT TAKES
• High School Diploma/GED
• Prior housekeeping experience preferred
• Able to follow direction
• Strong communication Skills
• Friendly Team-Player
• Stamina and ability to work outdoors
• Work varied hours
If you love the outdoors, are eager to accept new challenges, and are an on-site maintenance leader, keep reading!
THIS A FULL-TIME, SEASONAL, SALARIED POSITION AND INCLUDES FREE HOUSING!
Our Maintenance Supervisors take pride in ensuring our glamping locations are operational, safe, functional, and well-maintained so that our guests can fully utilize and enjoy our amenities, tents, and common areas. Situated just minutes away from the country’s most popular national parks, our locations range in size from 35-80 glamping tents, many of which have their own showers, toilets, and wood burning stoves. Reporting directly to the General Manager, and partnering with the Area Maintenance Manager, you are the on-site maintenance expert, overseeing and performing maintenance tasks with your team of one 1-3 Maintenance Technicians.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
-Serve as the on-site maintenance expert for a location with up to 80 high-quality outdoor accommodations with plumbing, communal structures with showers and toilets, laundry facilities, restaurants, common areas, fire pits, outdoor activities, and equipment including golf carts.
-Oversee, maintain, and perform day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to tents, plumbing systems, propane gas water heaters, propane heaters, stove pipes, decks, trailers, vehicles, generators, solar power equipment and more.
Lead A Small Team to Have A Big Impact
-Set direction and work side by side with your team of 1-3 Maintenance Technicians, mentoring, modeling performance standards, setting expectations, and holding others accountable.
-Establish priorities to meet short and long-term goals based on multiple factors including safety, resources, and direction from General Manager.
-Inspire your team to be engaged and committed to excellence.
-Inspect what you expect from your team, providing timely, constructive feedback.
Time Management, Adaptable, Reliable
-Prioritize tasks achieve goals, both tactically and strategically. Balance maintenance tasks with business planning and administrative procedures.
-Expect the unexpected and lead with composure. From inclement weather to the fast pace of a growing company, your ability to adapt to change will be critical.
-Analyze problems, be resourceful, and take initiative to implement solutions.
-Follow through and complete projects on time and accurately.
-Be an active listener to guests and co-workers, an approachable leader, and a collaborative team member.
-Engage regularly, genuinely, and professionally with guests, visitors, and team members.
-Deliver timely communication and follow up to appropriate team members and guests.
WHAT IT TAKES
-High School Diploma and minimum two years of leading facilities or maintenance teams, preferably in customer-focused, outdoor environments, hospitality, or parks and recreation.
-Minimum three years of troubleshooting and performing maintenance tasks.
-Knowledge in septic, plumbing, wood stoves, propane, gas, electric, and generators preferred.
-Knowledge of maintenance budgets and resources.
-Outdoor enthusiast: must be able to work long, flexible hours outdoors in inclement weather, heat and cold.
As a Line Cook with Under Canvas, you are responsible for preparing and cooking all menu items; ensuring the ingredients are fresh, that the work area is clean, and that the necessary equipment is readily available. This is a seasonal, hourly position that includes free housing! This position is ideal if you love working outdoors for long periods of time.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using a smoker, oven, grill, flat top, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
• Stocks and maintains enough levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, smoker, fryers, burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Follows food safety standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations as well as assisting others with closing the kitchen.
WHAT IT TAKES
• High School Diploma/GED and minimum two years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Be willing and able to help in any other restaurant capacity including; taking orders, expediting food, serving food, and washing dishes.
• Communicate with all team members to ensure a friendly, safe, clean, and efficient working environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
• State approved ServSafe or Food Handlers Card.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
WHY UNDER CANVAS Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Training | Great Culture | Development