Glacier Raft Company's season starts in May and runs through September for most departments.
We have employment opportunities in various departments for the upcoming 2022 Summer Season;
- Fishing Guide
- Whitewater Guide
- Glacier Outdoor Center Retail Staff
- Rafting Office Staff
- Rafting Depot Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Bus Drivers (must have valid Class B CDL)
We are an Orivs Endorsed Outfitter Located in West Glacier, MT. We fish the rivers that border Glacier National Park. We're permitted to fish the Upper Middle Fork Wilderness Section in the Great Bear, Lower Middle Fork, and North Fork of the Flathead Rivers.
Fishing Guides need to be proficient in rowing Class II, III whitewater. We prefer guides to come from a whitewater background due to the nature of our rivers as well as our proximity to emergency services and cell coverage. Guides are expected to have an extensive knowledge of fishing on freestone rivers of the West.
All Fishing Guides must be 18 years or older, Obtain or possess a Montana Guides Licence through the Montana Board of Outfitters, Valid CPR and First Aid or Advanced Medical Certification, and have a savvy sense for customer service on and off the water.
Fishing Guides are required to have the following gear:
- 3 fly rods and reels.
- Tippet and leader.
- Montana Guides License
- Guide Tags need to be displayed and visible from both sides of the boat
- First Aid Card.
- CPR card
- Swiftwater Rescue Certified (can be obtained through GRC's Spring Training)
- Knowledge of fishing regulations, etiquette, fish, and proper fish handling.
The Driver/Mechanics position requires a skilled person with verifiable mechanic and/or vehicle
maintenance experience to help keep the wheels turning! Experience in the repair and maintenance
of school buses, diesel and gas engines especially desired. Class B CDL with Passenger and air
brake endorsement is required a clean driving record as well. DOT background check and Drug
Typical responsibilities include:
Diagnose, repair and maintain fleet of school buses and shuttle vehicles
Diagnose, repair and maintain fleet of vans, SUV’s and trucks.
Repair and maintain raft trailers.
Maintain maintenance records on a work performed on each vehicle
Assist with scheduling and transporting vehicles to repair shops if needed
Help assist drivers with daily vehicle pre-trip inspections
Monitors daily inspection reports for defects reported from drivers
Work with other drivers to maintain good vehicle records
Keep shop clean and organized.
Help with daily cleaning and fueling of vehicles
Assist with maintenance and light repairs as needed of other mechanical company
Keep management apprised of general overall condition of each vehicle in such a way as to
minimize downtime and disruption to operations.
Assist operations with driving daily shuttles
Other duties as assigned.
Light Welding and fabrication
Requires the ability to lift 75 lbs
Glacier Outdoor Center is currently accepting applications for enthusiastic, sales oriented and customer focused Retail Store Associates for the 2022 summer season at our store in West Glacier, Montana. The Glacier Outdoor Center store provides its guest a broad range of outdoor retail items, outdoor rentals and full outfitting services. Glacier Raft and Outdoor Center is a family owned and operated company established in 1976.
Duties and Responsibilities
Welcome and acknowledge guests into the store, ensuring each guest receives excellent service in a friendly environment.
Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
Provide a proven awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions and advertisements.
Assist in daily store recovery before, during and after store hours by maintaining product stock levels and visual displays
Complete sales transactions and maintain proper accountability at registers.
Ability to balance competing demands and multiple customers in a dynamic retail environment.
Candidate must have excellent communication skills
Previous outdoor retail experience preferred.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Ability to work 40-50 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock and store merchandising.
Ability to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, products and other necessary store related items.
Ability to perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean, lift boxes up to 55 lbs.
Full-Time Seasonal Position June - September
Duties, responsibilities, and qualifications are taught and can be acquired through Glacier Raft Companies 6-Day River School and training program in the spring.
- Safely navigate Oar / paddle rafts down Class I – III rivers
- Work positively with other team members to implement all aspects of a GRC trip in order to provide guests with a safe, meaningful and memorable experience
- Excellent risk management capability in remote/backcountry settings
- Give effective and demonstrative safety talks
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural history topics pertinent to each trip, such as geology, Wild and Scenic Rivers, Flora and Fauna, Ecology
- Prepare delicious, appealing riverside meals
- Upkeep of GRC equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent GRC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in GRC’s Guide Handbook
- Know and comply with National Forest Service Regulations
- Know GRC’s Emergency Action Plan in the event of unforeseen circumstances
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- Successful completion of GRC’s 6-Day guide school or approved equivalent required prior to first commercial trip.
- Swiftwater Rescue Certification (can be obtained through GRC’s 6-Day Guide School)
- CPR and First Aid Certification or Advanced First Aid Certification WFR, WEMT, EMT, Or OEC preferred along with current CPR. GRC hosts 2 different dates for CPR/FA Training during the spring that can be completed prior or during spring training
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills, Customer Service and People Skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field and lift and carry heavy objects over awkward terrain
- Willing and eager to interact positively with a range of age groups, from small children to seniors
- Experience in guest services or group leadership preferred
- Understanding of natural history in and around Glacier National Park
- Fluent English
- Willingness to work all aspects of the Job both on and off river
Front-Desk Office Staff will work in both our Reservations office and our Rafting office. Our Reservations office is responsible for checking in our daily fishing trips, cabin and wedding guests (for two properties), and our overnight rafting and fishing trips. They also handle all inbound calls taking reservations, making trip recommendations, and email correspondence.
Our Rafting office is responsible for checking in all daily rafting trips. They also assist customers with retail and photo purchases, and booking reservations.
Both offices require you to be knowledgeable about Glacier Raft Company trips, cabins and area information. We are looking for friendly, self-motivated, detail oriented individuals who strive to provide excellent customer service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Print daily check-in reports
- Check-in all trips and cabins
- Communicate with Lead Guides over radio with updated trip numbers
- Assist customers with finding specific size/color merchandise
- Assist customers with photo purchases
- Clean and re-stock store daily
- Record daily rafting, fishing totals and river levels
- Ring up customer retail purchases
- Balance the cash register at the end of each shift
- Answer all incoming phone calls & emails
- Meet company's requirements for appearance, attendance, and punctuality
- Familiarize yourself with Glacier Raft Company services and pricing
- Become knowledgeable and assist guests in local area information
- Job requires working weekends, holidays, and evenings during peak demand times (typically four 10-hour shifts)
Job Skill Specifications:
- Must advocate exceptional customer service
- Must be able to multi-task and stay focused
- Must be self-motivated during times of increased or decreased work load
- Must be detail oriented when accepting and recording customer trip information
- Must be able to learn new information and systems at a fast pace
- Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be skilled or have the ability to learn how to operate basic office equipment including copy machine, printer, cash register, digital camera, radios, and multi-line telephone system
- Must possess the ability to function effectively during times of high stress and high business demands, while dealing courteously and effectively with customers and staff
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team environment
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals to help us keep our property looking top notch this summer.
Duties include, but are not limited to;
- Mowing and Weed Whacking
- Watering lawns
- Cleaning Operation Buildings
- Washing Vehicles
- Running River Shuttles (must be 18 with clean/valid DL)
- Assist with setup and take down at our wedding pavilion
- Invasive weed control
Duties under this title are diverse and everyday will be a little different from the next based on the needs of the Operations that day. Our G&M Team are self-motivated individuals working with a fair bit of autonomy throughout the work week. If you’re looking for a rewarding outdoor work experience with a diverse set of duties that vary from day to day this could be a great fit for you.
We prefer candidates to be at least 18 years of age or older.
Full Time and Part-Time Summer Seasonal Drivers. We’re looking to fill CDL Driving positions to help us get our Clients and Guides up river to the put ins. Drivers primary run an 8-mile section of US Hwy 2 between West Glacier and Moccasin Creek. Drivers work in coordination with our managers and guide staff to setup trips launches and safely transport our clients and boats up to our half day and full day put in’s.
Drivers must have Current CDL Class B with Air Brake Endorsement
- Safety Consciences
- Current DOT medical cards
- Drivers must pass a DOT Drug Screen
- Clean Driving Record
- Drivers must demonstrate proper pre-trip inspections
- Drivers must maintain and complete vehicle inspection forms daily
- Drivers should be proficient in trailer backing
- Drivers should be mechanically inclined
We offer a flexible schedule in both Full Time and Part Time positions as well as a ton of company perks to go along with it. If you’re looking for a fun opportunity to work along side a lively group of folks this could be a great fit.
Pay is based on experience.
Primary Job Description: As a housekeeper you will be part of a team that is responsible for cleaning cabins, lodge rooms, hostels, communal bathrooms, employee housing and laundry.
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
- Deliver excellent hospitality and clean crisp cabins/rooms to our guests.
- Complete assigned tasks competently and efficiently.
- Be a reliable member of Glacier Raft Company by reporting on time, showing initiative and working without direct supervision
- Understand and maintain the proper use of equipment (vacuums, ladders, washing machines, dryers, etc.)
- Understand stocking and restocking of inventory
- Promote and enforce work place safety at all times
- Foster and maintain a peaceful and productive work environment
- Augment other Glacier Raft Company departments when needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Must possess a good attention to detail
- Must have good communications skills
- Basic organizational skills
Education & Experience:
- Previous housekeeping duties (desired)
References: Provide three references
Physical Ability: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, and lift, push or pull up 50 –75 pounds.
Glacier Outdoor Center is currently accepting applications for enthusiastic, sales oriented and customer focused members for the upcoming summer season at our fly shop in West Glacier, MT. The Glacier Outdoor Center store provides its guests a broad range of outdoor retail items, outdoor rentals and full outfitting services. Glacier Raft and Outdoor Center is a family owned and operated company established in 1976.
Reports to: Glacier Outdoor Center Manager
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of fly fishing, customer service and sales experience. On a daily basis you will be required to interact with the public with respect and professionalism regardless of their fly fishing experience. We service area locals and tourists alike with a wide range of fly fishing expertise. You need to be able to adapt to a wide range of personalities and provide a positive customer experience. You will need to provide individualized attention on fishing techniques and be able to recommend retail products that will enhance the customers experience on the water.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and company resource for all fly fishing educational programs and services.
- Assist management with the on-premise guided fly fishing operations which include: casting clinics, private lessons, pond fish program and Orvis 101 fishing school.
- Assist Marketing Specialist in the design and development of print and digital collateral for fly fishing services, store promotions and events.
- Foster success of KOA program and seek out similar viable affiliate opportunities and outreach campaigns.
- Liaise between Reservation Manager and Lead Guide to determine coverage needs to support on-premise guided fly fishing operations.
- Liaise between Lead Guide and Fly Shop specialist to ensure that fishing report is current and accurate.
- Assist Fly Shop specialist to ensure that all fly fishing rentals are accounted for and in good working order.
- Provide training and on-going education to retail staff on fly fishing fundamentals, terminology, gear, knots and strategies.
- Assist Operations team with development and implementation of internal fishing guide school for training new guide staff, as needed.
- Leverage your working knowledge of fly fishing methods, techniques and tips to convert conversations into retail sales.
This is a full time seasonal position May through September.
Pay will be competitive for professional and knowledgeable candidates that are able to contribute value to our operation.
Reservation Office Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the manager and staff of the reservation office. You are responsible for answering phone calls and emails of prospective guests, overseeing staff, and checking in guests for lodging and fishing. You should be knowledgeable about all Glacier Raft Company trips, cabins and area information. We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who strives to provide excellent customer service.
Reports to: Rachel Wells
Job Type: Seasonal (April - October)
- Lead and direct a team of office staff
- Coordinate with Office Manager to perform and delegate daily and future duties
- Act as Manager-on-Duty (MOD)
- Check in overnight and fishing trips
- Sell trips and lodging to incoming customer calls
- Respond to customer emails
- Communicate with Lead Guides over radio all information relevant to operations including updated trip numbers
- Take walk-in reservations
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Understand reservation sales goals
- Meet company's requirements for appearance, attendance and punctuality
- Become an expert in Glacier Raft Company services and pricing
- Act as an area ambassador by providing guests with local area information
- Assist with training of new employees
- Assist with answering after hours calls
- Job requires working weekends, holidays, and evenings during peak demand times (available to work all days that Manager is off)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must exemplify exceptional customer service, multi-tasking, be detail oriented, have strong computer skills, and possess the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, high stress environment while assisting customers and staff courteously and effectively.
Education & Experience: High school diploma; management and/or customer service experience preferred
Looking for a fast paced, dynamic, and fun outdoor position this summer, look no further. As a Rafting Depot Assistant (RDA) you’ll assist/support Guides and the Operation Managers with the flow of our operation at our busy Rafting Depot located at the West Entrance of Glacier National Park in the Village of West Glacier, MT.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone that thrives in fast paced work environment, likes working and interacting with the general public, likes working outside, being hands on, and has a fun-loving attitude.
Job Qualifications and Duties are as follows;
Legally work in the United States
Applicant Must be 16 Years Old
Fluent in English
Self-Starter with attention to Detail
Exceptional Customer Service and Client Interface
Depot Setup (A.M.) and Depot Clean Up (P.M.)
River gear cleaning, sanitizing
Proficient at multitasking and Time Management
General Cleaning (Sweeping, Mopping, Sanitization)
Physically fit able to lift 50LBs
Candidate must be able to stand long hours
Compensation for the RDA Position is $12.00 – $15.00
How to Apply
Glacier Raft Company is an equal opportunity employer. We make selections based on availability, skills, and previous experience in the Outdoor Industry. Guide applicants must be 18 or older. All employees must be legally allowed to work in the US.
Our summer season gets going in May and runs through September. Please give careful consideration to the dates of availability that you list on the application. Your indicated dates will be instrumental in our decision making process. All applicants will be contacted either by email or phone.
Please visit our website to apply via the link below.