Glacier Raft Company's season starts in May and runs through September for most departments.
We have employment opportunities in various departments for the upcoming 2021 Summer Season;
- Fishing Guide
- Whitewater Guide
- Glacier Outdoor Center Retail Staff
- Kitchen Assistant
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Bus Drivers (must have valid Class B CDL)
We are an Orivs Endorsed Outfitter Located in West Glacier, MT. We fish the rivers that border Glacier National Park. We're permitted to fish the Upper Middle Fork Wilderness Section in the Great Bear, Lower Middle Fork, and North Fork of the Flathead Rivers.
Fishing Guides need to be proficient in rowing Class II, III whitewater. We prefer guides to come from a whitewater background due to the nature of our rivers as well as our proximity to emergency services and cell coverage. Guides are expected to have an extensive knowledge of fishing on freestone rivers of the West.
All Fishing Guides must be 18 years or older, Obtain or possess a Montana Guides Licence through the Montana Board of Outfitters, Valid CPR and First Aid or Advanced Medical Certification, and have a savvy sense for customer service on and off the water.
Fishing Guides are required to have the following gear:
- 3 fly rods and reels.
- Tippet and leader.
- Montana Guides License
- Guide Tags need to be displayed and visible from both sides of the boat
- First Aid Card.
- CPR card
- Swiftwater Rescue Certified (can be obtained through GRC's Spring Training)
- Knowledge of fishing regulations, etiquette, fish, and proper fish handling.
The Driver/Mechanics position requires a skilled person with verifiable mechanic and/or vehicle
maintenance experience to help keep the wheels turning! Experience in the repair and maintenance
of school buses, diesel and gas engines especially desired. Class B CDL with Passenger and air
brake endorsement is required a clean driving record as well. DOT background check and Drug
Typical responsibilities include:
Diagnose, repair and maintain fleet of school buses and shuttle vehicles
Diagnose, repair and maintain fleet of vans, SUV’s and trucks.
Repair and maintain raft trailers.
Maintain maintenance records on a work performed on each vehicle
Assist with scheduling and transporting vehicles to repair shops if needed
Help assist drivers with daily vehicle pre-trip inspections
Monitors daily inspection reports for defects reported from drivers
Work with other drivers to maintain good vehicle records
Keep shop clean and organized.
Help with daily cleaning and fueling of vehicles
Assist with maintenance and light repairs as needed of other mechanical company
Keep management apprised of general overall condition of each vehicle in such a way as to
minimize downtime and disruption to operations.
Assist operations with driving daily shuttles
Other duties as assigned.
Light Welding and fabrication
Requires the ability to lift 75 lbs
Front-Desk Office Staff will work in both our Reservations office and our Rafting office.
Our Reservations office is responsible for checking in our daily fishing trips, cabin and wedding guests (for two properties), and our overnight rafting and fishing trips. They also handle all inbound calls taking reservations, making trip recommendations, and email correspondence.
Our Rafting office is responsible for checking in all daily rafting trips. They also assist customers with retail and photo purchases, and booking reservations.
Both offices require you to be knowledgeable about Glacier Raft Company trips, cabins and area information. We are looking for friendly, self-motivated, detail oriented individuals who strive to provide excellent customer service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Print daily check-in reports
· Check-in all trips and cabins
· Communicate with Lead Guides over radio with updated trip numbers
· Assist customers with finding specific size/color merchandise
· Assist customers with photo purchases
· Clean and re-stock store daily
· Record daily rafting, fishing totals and river levels
· Ring up customer retail purchases
· Balance the cash register at the end of each shift
· Answer all incoming phone calls & emails
· Meet company's requirements for appearance, attendance, and punctuality
· Familiarize yourself with Glacier Raft Company services and pricing
· Become knowledgeable and assist guests in local area information
· Job requires working weekends, holidays, and evenings during peak demand times (typically four 10-hour shifts)
Job Skill Specifications:
· Must advocate exceptional customer service
· Must be able to multi-task and stay focused
· Must be self-motivated during times of increased or decreased work load
· Must be detail oriented when accepting and recording customer trip information
· Must be able to learn new information and systems at a fast pace
· Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
· Must be skilled or have the ability to learn how to operate basic office equipment including copy machine, printer, cash register, digital camera, radios, and multi-line telephone system
· Must possess the ability to function effectively during times of high stress and high business demands, while dealing courteously and effectively with customers and staff
· Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team environment
Grounds and Maintenance
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals to help us keep our property looking top notch this summer.
Duties include, but are not limited to;
- Mowing and Weed Whacking
- Watering lawns
- Cleaning Operation Buildings
- Washing Vehicles
- Running River Shuttles (must be 18 with clean/valid DL)
- Assist with setup and take down at our wedding pavilion
- Invasive weed control
Duties under this title are diverse and everyday will be a little different from the next based on the needs of the Operations that day. Our G&M Team are self-motivated individuals working with a fair bit of autonomy throughout the work week. If you’re looking for a rewarding outdoor work experience with a diverse set of duties that vary from day to day this could be a great fit for you.
We prefer candidates to be at least 18 years of age or older.
Bus Driver Class B CDL
Full Time and Part-Time Summer Seasonal Drivers
We’re looking to fill CDL Driving positions to help us get our Clients and Guides up river to the put ins. Drivers primary run an 8-mile section of US Hwy 2 between West Glacier and Moccasin Creek. Drivers work in coordination with our managers and guide staff to setup trips launches and safely transport our clients and boats up to our half day and full day put in’s.
Drivers must have Current CDL Class B with Air Brake Endorsement
- Safety Consciences
- Current DOT medical cards
- Drivers must pass a DOT Drug Screen
- Clean Driving Record
- Drivers must demonstrate proper pre-trip inspections
- Drivers must maintain and complete vehicle inspection forms daily
- Drivers should be proficient in trailer backing
- Drivers should be mechanically inclined
We offer a flexible schedule in both Full Time and Part Time positions as well as a ton of company perks to go along with it. If you’re looking for a fun opportunity to work along side a lively group of folks this could be a great fit.
Pay is based on experience
Housekeeping Team Lead
Primary Job Description: The primary role of the Housekeeping Team Lead is to manage and work alongside a housekeeping team of up to 13 people who are responsible for cleaning Glacier Raft Company’s various lodging and office facilities.
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily and assigned tasks of Housekeeping Team ensuring proper and efficient task completion
- Foster and maintain a peaceful and productive work environment
- Lead team by setting the proper example in quality, efficiency, attitude, responsibility and overall commitment to job completion and the company mission
- Encourage timeliness of your team members
- Understand and direct proper cleaning skills
- Always promote and enforce workplace safety
- Understand and direct stocking and restocking of inventory
- Understand, maintain and direct the proper use of equipment (vacuums, ladders, washing machines, dryers, etc.)
- Understand and initiate spot corrections and coaching in a proper and constructive manner
- Augment other Glacier Raft Company departments when needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Be dependable, organized, punctual and have a good attention to detail
- Have good communication skills
- Have good leadership and motivational skills in a team setting
- Basic conflict management skills
Education & Experience: High school diploma; experience supervising others
References: Provide three references
Physical Ability: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, reach, lift and push or pull up 50 – 75 pounds.
Reservation Office Assistant Manager Position
Primary Job Description
Reservation Office Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the manager and staff of the reservation office. You are responsible for answering phone calls and emails of prospective guests, overseeing staff, and checking in guests for lodging and fishing. You should be knowledgeable about all Glacier Raft Company trips, cabins and area information. We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who strives to provide excellent customer service.
Reports to: Rachel Wells
Job Type: Seasonal (April - October)
- Lead and direct a team of office staff
- Coordinate with Office Manager to perform and delegate daily and future duties
- Act as Manager-on-Duty (MOD)
- Check in overnight and fishing trips
- Sell trips and lodging to incoming customer calls
- Respond to customer emails
- Communicate with Lead Guides over radio all information relevant to operations including updated trip numbers
- Take walk-in reservations
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Understand reservation sales goals
- Meet company's requirements for appearance, attendance and punctuality
- Become an expert in Glacier Raft Company services and pricing
- Act as an area ambassador by providing guests with local area information
- Assist with training of new employees
- Assist with answering after hours calls
- Job requires working weekends, holidays, and evenings during peak demand times (available to work all days that Manager is off)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must exemplify exceptional customer service, multi-tasking, be detail oriented, have strong computer skills, and possess the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, high stress environment while assisting customers and staff courteously and effectively.
Education & Experience: High school diploma; management and/or customer service experience preferred
How to Apply
Glacier Raft Company is an equal opportunity employer. We make selections based on availability, skills, and previous experience in the Outdoor Industry. Guide applicants must be 18 or older. All employees must be legally allowed to work in the US.
Our summer season gets going in May and runs through September. Please give careful consideration to the dates of availability that you list on the application. Your indicated dates will be instrumental in our decision making process. All applicants will be contacted either by email or phone.
Please visit our website to Apply.