Farm to Table Restaurant and Taqueria looking for outgoing and positive employees!
We are a small family run business with two restaurants in Seward, Alaska. We have The Cookery and The Lone Chicharron Taqueria. They are both located in downtown Seward, just a block away from the Alaska Sealife Center.
We are located in the small but bustling town of Seward, Alaska. Just two hours south of Anchorage, we are surrouded by mountains, glaciers,and the ocean. Kenai Fjords National Park is our backyard!
About The Cookery, LLC
We have two restaurants in Seward, The Cookery and The Lone Chicharron Taqueria.
The Cookery is our full service, farm to table restaurant. Since opening The Cookery in 2015, Chef Kevin Lane and his wife Stacey have been showcasing Alaska's bounty: fresh oysters delivered daily, locally farmed meats, produce sourced from the Kenai Peninsula, foraged finds, fresh fish paired with wines from all over the world, and locals' favorite beers on tap.
The Lone Chicharron Taqueria has been open since July 2019. It is our counter service restaurant. There is also a small window opening into the next door bar, The Seward Alehouse, so we can serve the bar tacos and burritos too! It's a really great and fun environment to work in as we see all different types of people here, because who doesn't love tacos?!
The Employee Experience
Whether at the Cookery or The Lone Chicharron we have a few beliefs we uphold. We are an ingredient forward place that uses anything local as often as we can. We are absolutely process driven, meaning if there is anything in house we can do, we do it. At the end of the day though, it’s food. The minute we take ourselves too seriously we might as well shut the doors. We started this whole journey with the desire of bringing excellent food to our little town in an unpretentious setting.
We recognize our employees as our most valuable resource. Our continued success in providing the highest quality of food, beverages, and service to our customers depends on having quality people. We want you to enjoy your time here and are committed to helping you succeed in your job.
We look for employees who are hardworking, have a positive attitude, are adaptable to change, but can still have fun in a stressful environment.
Room and Board
We can help you get in touch with some great resources to find housing in Seward.
- Cookery Employees receive a 15% discount if you're dining with us during your off-hours. BOH employees receive one free shift meal, FOH employees receive 50% off shift meal.
- Lone Chicharron employees receive one free shift meal up to $20 and a 15% discount at The Cookery.
- Employee pricing on company apparel.
- Very often we have local tour companies offer discounts for our employees... dog sledding, kayaking, glacier hiking...just to name a few.
Getting Here and Getting Around
While in Seward we recommend you have a bike or car for getting around. There are also local taxis that can get you from place to place.
Travel to Seward
- Flights - Closest commercial Airport (Ted Stevens International) is in Anchorage.
- Driving- It takes approximately two and a half hours to drive south from Anchorage to Seward along the Seward Highway, designated a Scenic Byway.
- There is also The Seward Bus Line which offers year-round shuttle service. Contact the Seward Bus Line at 907-563-0800 for reservations and pricing.
- Coach Service - The Park Connection (mid-May through mid-September) offers two departures a day. For reservations please call 800-266-8625.
Kenai Fjords National Park is our backyard! We have mountains, oceans, and glaciers and all the wildlife that one would expect to see in Alaska. Great hikes, kayaking, yoga, running trails, coffee shops, restaurants and all the things that make Seward such a great little unique town in Alaska.
How to Apply
Please click APPLY HERE to begin the process!