The Mountains meet the Sea in Sitka Alaska! Wanderlusters and adventurers are invited!!!
The Sitka Bazaar, located in one of the most visually stunning locations in Southeast Alaska, has multiple openings for seasonal retail sales associates. Individuals who enjoy meeting people from all over the world in a fast paced environment are encouraged to apply. The Sitka Bazaar is a Sitka family tradition since 1919.
Sitka, known as the “Paris of the Pacific” abounds with natural beauty and wildlife. Surrounded by the Tongass National Forest, and the Pacific Ocean, Sitka offers numerous outdoor opportunities.
About Sitka Bazaar
Originally established in 1919, the Sitka Bazaar is a family-owned and operated retail business. The working environment is fast-paced and perhaps a bit chaotic. Foremost is a daily goal of providing a fun professional shopping experience to the visitors. Lifelong friendships are made over the course of the season. The memories of a summer in Alaska will live on in an individual’s future.
The Employee Experience
Destination-minded travelers flock to Sitka for its history, culture, and scenery. The weather of the Pacific Northwest can be wet, but the rain does not stop the beauty, or the inhabitants of the area, from shining through. Individuals that love the outdoors will enjoy all the adventure that Sitka has to offer. Hiking, boating, fishing and camping opportunities surround us!
The Sitka Bazaar seeks energetic, friendly, fun-loving individuals who enjoy working with the “team” during the fast-paced visitor season.
An ideal applicant:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to withstand the weather (cold and wet).
- Must be available for employment the full season -consideration will be given to College students.
- Must view customer service as a priority in the working environment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must speak English proficiently.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or green cardholder.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be able to adjust quickly to any/all situation.
No prior experience is required; however, pay is based on experience.
Room and Board
Housing is provided free of charge.
Please note: there are multiple individuals in each residence. The kitchen/bathrooms are shared spaces.
Provided: basic furniture, pots/pans, dishes, single twin beds, couch, dining table.
Not provided: groceries, cleaning supplies, sheets, towels, toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- End of season bonus of $1 per hour worked during contracted time.
- Travel reimbursement up to $500 at completion of contracted season.
- Time and opportunity to explore the Tongass National Forest, Cultural Heritage sites, and Sitka Sound.
- 30% discount at Sitka Bazaar and Sitka by the Sea stores.
- Starting pay $16-$18 based on experience.
- Opportunities for advancement and increased wages.
- Lifetime friendships and Unforgettable memories.
- Free housing for contacted employment.
- Free internet/utilities
Getting Here and Getting Around
Sitka, Alaska is located on Baranof Island. Travel to and from Sitka is by air or the AMH system.
Alaska Airlines and Delta Airlines have jet service to Sitka. Alaska Airlines flies year-round and Delta provides service during the summer season. Alaska Airlines provides service to Sitka from Seattle or Anchorage.
The Alaska Marine Highway (AMH) http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/index.shtml is a second option for getting to Sitka. Ferries with Sitka connections leave from Bellingham, WA, and Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. The Alaska Marine Highway can be a less expensive travel alternative.
Employees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. Employees are also responsible for getting to and from work. Public transportation is available.
The point of Hire is Sitka Airport or AMH terminal.
Hike the trails, kayak the waters, fish for salmon under the midnight sun - Sitka has it all! Opportunities to see the bears at the Fortress of the Bear, watch the eagles at the Raptor center or take a whale-watching excursion are only a few steps away from our downtown location.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org