Make Seward Alaska and Kenai Fjords National Park part of your Alaska adventure
The Alaska Collection, an experience by Pursuit, offers several lodging and attractions including the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge, Seward Windsong Lodge, and Kenai Fjords Tours.
We are located in the beautiful town of Seward, Alaska, about 2.5 hours south of Anchorage, AK, on the Kenai Peninsula.
About Kenai Fjords Tours
Our season runs May through September and we employ more than 400 seasonal employees each year. Candidates available for employment for an entire season are given first consideration. Supervisory and entry level jobs are available at all locations.
We specialize in providing the best Alaskan experience with our innovative tours and top-notch customer service. If you are interested in a fun and challenging job with a progressive company, submit your application today.
Breathe in the ageless spirit of Kenai Fjords National Park. Cruise through land that is wild and wide, full of life, a world untouched, unblemished, sparkling. Kenai Fjords Tours pioneered the art of exploring Kenai Fjords National Park. Cruise with us on boats specifically designed with your comfort in mind. View spectacular scenery through large picture windows, get up close with walk around decks, and enjoy comfortable heated cabins.
Room and Board
Kenai Fjords Tours (KFT)
On-site housing is provided for its employees who are 18 years of age or older, on a first-come first-served basis, with preference given to employees from out of town. Housing is a privilege, not a right. It is important that all employees respect the privacy of others. Each employee's consideration will ensure the comfort and safety of all. Rules and policies are in place to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone.
Limited employee housing is available and generally reserved for new employees, based upon availability. Employee housing is a smoke/alcohol/drug-free environment and each unit has a kitchen, dining area, living room, and washer/dryer. KFT also provides bedding and towels. The kitchen area is equipped with fridges, stoves, microwaves and cooking utensils. Employees are required to sign a housing agreement if provided with company housing. Other housing options may be found in our local newspaper the “Seward Phoenix Log,” “The Seward City News," "The Seward Journal," or the Seward Housing Facebook Page.
Housing is a community experience and is part of your employment, rules and policies are to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone.
Staff housing is a "dry camp." Alcohol is not allowed.
Quiet time is from 10pm to 7am. Employees work variable shifts
Kenai Fjords Tours is a smoke free facility; no smoking inside any building. Pets are not allowed in company housing.
Employees are encouraged to experience all of Alaska Collection's locations and products. In addition to competitive wages, we offer employee perks and discounts on Kenai Fjords Tours, day cruises, discounts on Lodge room rates, restaurant discounts, and many other deals for a variety of Alaska adventures in the area.
Pay Days/Direct Deposit
Pay days are bi-weekly, every other Tuesday. Pay advances are not available, so please ensure availability of sufficient funds for food, etc. during the first three weeks of employment. KFT encourages employees to sign up for direct deposited payroll for additional security. This requires the employee provide a voided check on the account funds are to be deposited to.
Seward has two banks if employees wish to open an account:
- Wells Fargo Bank, 907-224-5283, P.O. Box 517, Seward, AK. 99664
- First National Bank, 907-224-4200, 303-4th Avenue, Seward, AK. 99664
Both banks have ATM machines, as does Safeway (the local grocery store) which is open 5 AM to Midnight daily for grocery and sundry item purchases.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Travel to Seward
- Flights - Closest commercial Airport (Ted Stevens International) is in Anchorage, the flight from Seattle is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Driving- It takes approximately two and a half hours to drive south from Anchorage to Seward along the Seward Highway, designated a Scenic Byway.
- Train - Rail travel is available and employees can receive a discount (May thru Sept) if space is available. To receive the discount, a faxed request on company letter head, signed by a Manager must be sent to the Alaska Railroad.
- Shuttle Bus – Space available shuttle service from Anchorage to Seward in the spring. Reservations are required and should be made 72 hours in advance. Please call 800-270-1238 for additional details and information on rates and schedule.
- There is also The Seward Bus Line which offers year round shuttle service. The Contact the Seward Bus Line at 907-563-0800 for reservations and pricing.
- Coach Service - The Park Connection (May 15 thru Sept 15, 2017) offers two departures a day. Employees can receive a discount. For reservations please call 800-266-8625.
Kenai Fjords Tours is located in the small boat harbor and easily accessible by car, bike, foot. There are local taxi services available 24 hours a day.
What to Bring
A good alarm clock (battery operated) if you have an early shift! The summer climate can be absolutely gorgeous and sunny one day and cold and wet the next. It can be cold in early May and September so employees need an assortment of clothing. The average summer temperature is 65 degrees and some suggestions are:
- Jacket water and wind proof
- Hiking boots, water proof
- Sweaters and warm fleece
- Shorts, yes there is that possibility of warm temperatures
- Uniform pants and shoes
Seward is Alaska's seaside town located on the southern tip of Kenai Peninsula. The year-round population is approximately 3,000 residents. This small seaside town is home to a bustling fishing and tourism industry. Yet, there is not a stop light to be found. Seward is a casual and relaxed town that invites you to go anywhere and feel welcome in clean casual clothes or jeans. And in your free time, you’ll find there is a lot to do.
- Hiking local mountains
- Marine tours
- Dog mushing tours
- Kayaking, both lake and sea
- Hiking on the Harding Ice Field
- Fishing ocean, rivers and lakes
- Sea Life Center
- Shopping/Restaurants/Gift shops/Grocery stores
- Fitness Center
Customer Service, Naturalist, Dock Staff, and Boat Operations
How to Apply
Jobs offered at Kenai Fjords Tours usually start in early May and finish in the third week of September; preference will be given to candidates that can complete a full season. Please apply online at this website. All employees must pass a comprehensive back ground check and a pre-employment drug test.
Thank you for your interest in applying for work at Kenai Fjords Tours.