Live, Work, and Explore at the Grand Canyon. Join our 2021 Spring and Summer team!
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges provides the premier in-park lodging, managing six distinct hotel properties. From the El Tovar Hotel, long considered the crown jewel of Grand Canyon hotels, to Phantom Ranch, the only lodging on the floor of the canyon, we are a proud member of the Xanterra Travel Collection.
The Grand Canyon is located in Northern Arizona.
About Grand Canyon National Park Lodges
Join our 2021 Spring and Summer Team! *Free employee housing through October 31st, 2021. We have also increased our wages!*
Providing guests with Legendary Hospitality while contributing to the preservation of this incredible natural resource is our guiding mission. With this in mind, the history and the future of the Grand Canyon is ingrained in all that we do.
At Grand Canyon National Park, we work hard, share a passion for the environment, and create memorable experiences for our guests. We offer seasonal and year-round positions in guest services, housekeeping, food & beverage, and more. Wouldn’t you love to join the team and experience what many people describe as “the best job” of their life?
COVID-19 Health & Safety Program: Learn more about how we are keeping our employees and guests safe.
The Employee Experience
Living and working in the Grand Canyon is not for everyone but for those who seek a simpler way of life, the Grand Canyon can be the perfect landing spot.
Live in the Grand Canyon! Each of our locations provides in-park housing. Community living gives you the opportunity to develop close, lifelong friendships with people from across the United States and around the world. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided at a significant low-cost!
Work for the primary concessionaire in Grand Canyon South Rim. Learn new skills, develop a strong work ethic, and grow your career. If you decide you want to continue the seasonal lifestyle, we can help you advance in the Grand Canyon and the Xanterra Travel Collection family.
Explore Your backyard will be filled with some of the greatest natural wonders in the world. No matter your interest or level or outdoor expertise/knowledge, there is something for everyone here and we’ll help connect you with the many ways you can discover the Grand Canyon!
Our most successful team members have several things in common:
An adventurous nature
- One of the bragging rights of working in a National Park is you get to say “I live where you vacation!” Through your many adventures, you’ll develop pride in being an ambassador of the Grand Canyon.
A desire for community
- You’ll find a sense of belonging living in a community and make lifelong friendships. Your friends, co-workers, and neighbors come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Be prepared to have a roommate in a dorm and eat in a cafeteria-style setting.
A strong work ethic
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the number of visitors increases dramatically. Be ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
A positive attitude
- Prior experience is not the most important thing and entry-level positions do not need prior experience. Rather, we are looking for people with outstanding customer service skills and an adventurous spirit.
Able to embrace life without constant phone and internet connectivity
- Access to the internet is extremely slow due to limited bandwidth. Take advantage and explore the great outdoors!
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Room and Board
*Free employee housing through October 31st, 2021* We live along the South Rim of the Canyon at a 7000-foot elevation in the ponderosa pine forest.
Most new employees will reside in dormitory-style housing sharing a room with another employee. Employees who stay long-term and/or have a higher job grade can qualify to live in an apartment setting. No pets are allowed in dormitory housing.
Couples' housing is available on a limited basis, but housing for families is not immediately available.
The employee meal plan is a pay-as-you-go system. We have an Employee Cafeteria, which offers a set menu, plus daily specials which include vegetarian specials. Meals are sold at near cost in the "E-Caf." A 50% discount off the menu price is extended to employees in our public cafeterias. A minimal amount of cooking is allowed in the dormitory housing.
Grand Canyon has basic services available such as shopping, banking, post office, medical clinic, church services and a community library.
- Free in-park Bus Tours
- Discounted mule rides each winter
- Vacation Day on your birthday
- Free Flu Shots
- Free Grand Canyon Railway train rides
- Discounts at other Xanterra Parks and Resorts
- $200 Referral Bonus
- 40% Retail Discount twice a year
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free Uniforms and Cleaning
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Verizon phone services and product discount
- PrimeLending Mortgage discount
- Low Cost meals at employee café
- No forced meal expense
- Opportunity for transfer to other Xanterra Properties
- Sam’s Club membership discount
- Holiday Party
- Summer Property Olympics
- Community Recreation Center for exercise, computers, free WiFi, activities and trips
- 30% Retail Discount all year
- 50% Cafeteria Discount all year
- 20% Restaurant Discount all year
- Work alongside employees from varied cultures and countries
- Free satellite TV signal in dormitories
- Deeper Restaurant/Retail discount for you birthday
- Recognition Dinner and Gift for significant service anniversaries
- In-House Training Department
The secrets of the inner canyon, the slick rock plateaus, the heavily forested rim country ~ these are the worlds of Grand Canyon for you to explore in your free time. Hiking, biking, camping, skiing, photography, wildlife viewing and athletics are but a few of the recreational activities happening at Grand Canyon. C'mon play with us on over 700 miles of hiking trails and countless miles of back roads for biking. A year-round-outdoor playground is waiting for you. A community recreation center provides indoor activities such as weight/fitness center, computer lab, evening classes, basketball, volleyball and co-ed softball.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW link below to search our available jobs and begin our online application procedure.