Deer Valley Resort is nestled in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah, just 38 miles east of Salt Lake City, in the historic mining town of Park City which has become an exciting and diverse mountain ski town. The resort offers a wide variety of winter positions to match your talents. Whether you recently graduated, are retired or are looking for a change, we have something for you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To ensure guest, member and employee satisfaction in Housekeeping. To provide a safe environment for our guests, members and employees. To achieve budgeted profitability by adhering to Service and Safety Standards and exercising fiscal responsibility and sound management practices.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must have previous housekeeping experience
- Must be able to lift 25-35 lbs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate proactive guest, member and employee problem resolution with urgency, respect and empathy
- Clean townhomes thoroughly
- Turn in all lost and found items, properly tagged, to the housekeeping office at the end of scheduled shift
- Ensure when leaving townhomes, all doors and windows are closed and locked, thermostats set at 60 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter and fire place flues are closed
- All keys will be checked in and out on a daily basis
- Stock townhomes with appropriate supplies as specified by company standards
- Complete all assigned guest services by timeframes established by department
- Respond to guest needs in an appropriate, professional, courteous manner
- Report any items requiring replacement and or repair, or any damage to HSKP Manager or assistant manager
- Assist in maintaining all specified linen/closets rooms neat and orderly by putting away all supplies and linen at the end of scheduled shift
- Ensure safety procedures, in accordance with safety training guidelines, are followed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The following positions are available for the winter season:
- Guest Services Agent
- Laundry Attendant
- Maintenance Technician
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work well with other employees, be able to learn quickly and handle pressure well
- Must be flexible with schedule and available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment
- Outstanding guest relation skills
- Able to lift and carry 25-50 lbs., stand for long periods of time, withstand frequent up-and-down/ twisting/repetitive movements and reach with hands/arms to handle objects, tools or controls
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in all area of the lodge except for the kitchen.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to work as scheduled to perform duties as assigned by supervisor or crew-leader in strict compliance with Deer Valley Resort Company and back of the house policies
- Receive and stock items delivered for the janitorial and stewarding department
- Properly clean and restock all restrooms and storerooms during the day
- Maintain clean, neat and sanitary conditions in guest space and the back of the house by making regular rounds cleaning walls and floors, cleaning and organizing shelving, emptying trash containers, and keeping them in designated areas. Also, check all hand wash stations to ensure they are clean and equipped with soap and paper towels
- Perform scheduled daily and otherwise scheduled cleaning such as toilets, urinals, mirrors, phone booths, benches, lobby area, windows, etc.
- Exercise caution and care with considerations for safety and expense when using any chemical or mechanical equipment
- Make sure dock area is clean and organized. Put boxes in bailer, checking bailer often during day. If full, use bailing wire to tie bundles of cardboard
- Check trash compactor often. Clean as needed. Make sure doors are closed and trash is compacted.
- Light and maintain fireplaces during the day
- Check all administrative offices for trash and recycling and vacuum when necessary
- Assist with cleaning Deer Valley owned stores
- Assist the stewards and restaurant attendants when needed
- Maintain a close working relationship with supervisor or crew leader in regards to prioritizing duties with the goal of minimal supervision in this area. This is accomplished by developing an awareness of the needs of the different areas of the back of the house as affected by skier count, restaurant reservations, weather conditions, staffing irregularities and other varying conditions
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Some cleaning experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to work evenings/nights
What We Are Looking For
We are currently accepting applications for Assistant Manager at mid-mountain Royal Street Cafe. The cafe is outdoor, deck dining and the guests are hikers, scenic lift riders, and mountain bikers. Deer Valley dining experience features quality ingredients and creative, fresh preparations with an emphasis on locally sourced products. We have three from scratch Bakeries where we prepare everything from morning pastries to our breads and pizza dough for all of our restaurants. A local's favorite in the summer sun!
Perks of Working Here
Some of the great benefits offered to Deer Valley staff:
Wage based on experience - Assistant Manager - $22.00/hour starting wage
- Group health insurance – Deer Valley shares in the cost of the premiums (for full-time employees only)
- Free summer mountain biking and lift rides for hiking
- Discounts at Deer Valley Resort's premier restaurants
- Competitive wages
- Subsidized employee housing
- Free shift meals
- Complimentary beverages each work day
- Uniforms provided
- Company sponsored activities and parties
- Employee recognition programs
- Free counseling service
- Discounts at local shops
Be part of the amazing food and beverage team at Deer Valley Resort!
This position is Year Round. There may be reduced hours in the spring shoulder season and early summer
Qualifications: Ability to multi-task, possess good interpersonal skills, have a strong desire to provide a high level of customer service, troubleshoot, and train and assist retail staff members. Must pay attention to detail and possess strong organizational skills as well as basic computer skills. Work in the retail distribution center at times includes lifting of boxes/merchandise on a daily basis and at time requires lifting of 35 lbs. or more, climbing ladders for accessing merchandise, also the use of a dolly to facilitate moving of merchandise.
Retail Distribution Center Responsibilities:
- Hire, train and work with staff in all aspects of the inventory process;
- Receiving, tagging, storing, restocking. Provide feedback through oral and written evaluations.
- Input data and PO’s for orders to ensure no delays when product arrives and for reporting purposes, ensuring accuracy with coding
- Assist and oversee other staff with data entry process for creation of sku’s/PO’s as needed
- Manage and keep track of receiving process in POS system to ensure proper procedures followed. Oversee any data correction needed for accuracy
- Monitor these efforts by distribution center staff
- Scheduling: Work with staff to create a schedule to best meet company needs for restocking and the influx of merchandise.
- During ski season there should be 7 day a week coverage at DC for on-going restocking and receiving of merchandise
- Coordinate with resort expeditors for the delivery and pickup of merchandise at stores as well as with local vendors
· Monitor store inventory for deficiencies or over-stocking
· Receiving of incoming merchandise
· In general, processing on a FIFO basis
· Communicate with retail/AP of any issues concerns, submitting all receiving logs and documentation on a daily basis to allow for prompt processing of payments
· Monitor incoming shipments to ensure all packages for a shipment are received; making note when exceptions arise with prompt follow up to alleviate lapsed time for missing packages
· Ensure incoming product is free of defects, shipment issues (over/ship under/ship), pricing correct, discounts applied
· Complete shipment issue forms as needed submitting to Retail AP for coordination with vendor
· Manage merchandise to be sent to local embroidery house for ‘decoration’
· Keep track of merchandise for accuracy and discrepancies.
· Monitor amount of time spent for processing, alerting buyer(s) when too much time has passed for follow up
· Coordinate efforts with expeditors for pickup and delivery
· Ensure store restocking is completed on a timely consistent basis
· Set par in conjunction with admin team to ensure stores are sent an appropriate amount of product as store display/back-stocking/sales warrant
· Manage inventory consolidation in conjunction with buyers
· At times may handle the physical pulling/transferring as part of the consolidation process
· Other duties as assigned.