We're seeking enthusiastic, hard working applicants to become a member of our "rowdy" team!
The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show is one of the top Shore Excursions in Alaska. We operate a one hour Lumberjack competition that depicts the Alaskan Timber Carnival that was held here in Ketchikan every 4th of July. Hear the story of 2 rival logging camps battling it out for the title of "Bull of the Woods". We are currently recruiting employees for our 2019 season.
We are located in the heart of downtown Ketchikan, roughly 1 short block from the cruise ship pier.
About The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show
In the heart of downtown, next to a salmon spawning stream, is where the competition is held. We offer a one hour Lumberjack Competition depicting the strong logging history in Southeast Alaska. Along with our show, we having many tours that are combined with another excursion such as Totem poles, City Tours, and Crab Feast. We have positions available in our Dock Operations and Retail Store.
The Employee Experience
Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show can be the gateway to experiencing Alaska! We work and play hard from snowcapped mountains to rocky shore line beaches. After work, enjoy your time with friends on the beach or taking a hike. Come prepared for an adventure rain or shine!
We strive to create a cohesive and positive team to provide our guests with A+ customer service! Our ideal candidates are enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude, dedicated to providing a memorable experience for guests, and a team player ready to "jump in" whenever and wherever needed. Our season runs from May through October and priority will be given to candidates that can stay the entire season.
Other qualifications for our jobs:
- 15 or older at time of employment (a limited number of positions are available to those under the age of 18).
- Able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
- Preferably available the full season (End of April through October 1st)
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Strong work ethic and able to work in/with a team
- Attention to detail
- Basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Answering Customer Questions
- Greet Customers
- Explaining Products to Customers
- Listening to Customer Complaints
- Flexibility for sudden changes to your schedule or position
- Must be able to work varied hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Dependable, punctual, and a positive attitude
Room and Board
Employee housing is LIMITED and therefore offered to full time employees on a first come first serve basis. The housing is located a mile away from the work site. You will be responsible for your own transportation to/from work site. Having your own car/bike is nice but not required, there is a city bus that runs daily. Each employee will have a shared bedroom and shares the kitchen, living room, and bathroom with the house.
If employee housing is available, the charge is a flat monthly rate deducted out of each bi-weekly paycheck, with a refundable Security Deposit taken out of the first two paychecks. This amount does include all utilities, bedding, and kitchen items.
Other housing opportunities are available around town but are expensive. The management team can assist in finding other housing if needed.
- Competitive wages with end of season bonus based on management review.
- Other tour operators here offer our employees complimentary tours or at a small fee based of availability - Flight seeing, kayaking, zip lining etc..
- Coordinated team events including BBQs and group tours.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to Ketchikan
- Experience Ketchikan and all it offers!
- Lifetime friendships and unforgettable memories!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Alaska Airlines serves Ketchikan which is a short 1 hour 45 minutes flight from Seattle. Alaska Marine Highway ferries operate out of Bellingham, Washington (year around) and Prince Rupert, B.C. (limited availability, check schedule)
While here, the town is very walkable. The city bus system is very good to get you out to Walmart or Safeway. We do provide some compensation for travel expenses that will be based on each individual and subject to contract.
Camping, beaches, hiking and loads of other fishing sites are just minutes from the downtown area. Many fun community wide events happen throughout the year, including Summer Solstice, Fourth of July, Blueberry Festival, and the Fish Pirates Daughter Play to name a few! The local recreation center offers swimming, basketball, racquetball, and many other activities. Several museums, libraries, and galleries are available to learn more about Southeast Alaska.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the "apply now" link.
Thanks for your interest in The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at, http://www.alaskanlumberjackshow.com.