We're looking for team members who want to be a part of "A Rowdy Good Time"!
The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show is one of the top Shore Excursions in the state of Alaska. We are currently recruiting employees for our 2018 season May through September.
In the heart of downtown Ketchikan, Alaska
About The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show
Under snowcapped mountains next to an active salmon stream in the historic waterfront, harbor is where the competition takes place with World Class Lumberjack athletes. Hear the story of 2 rival logging camps battling it out for the title of “Bull of the Woods”. Sixty minutes, 12 events of nonstop Lumberjack Axe-tion!
Our ideal candidates are enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude, dedicated to providing a memorable experience for guests, and a team player ready to "jump in" whenever and wherever needed. Our season runs from May through September and priority will be given to candidates that can stay the entire season. Other skills and qualifications for our jobs:
- Excellence in customer service
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in/with a team
- Can multitask
- Has public speaking experience
Room and Board
Employee housing is LIMITED and therefore offered to full time employees on a first come first serve basis. The housing is located a mile away from the work site. Having your own transportation is nice but not required, there is a city bus that runs daily. Each employee will have a shared bedroom and shares the kitchen, living room, and bathroom.
Other housing opportunities are available around town but are expensive. The management team can assist in finding other housing.
- Competitive wages with end of season bonus based on management review.
- Other tour operators here offer our employees complimentary tours or at a small fee based of availability - Flight seeing, kayaking, zip lining etc..
- Coordinated team events including BBQs and group tours.
- Experience Ketchikan and all it offers!
- Lifetime friendships and unforgettable memories!
Getting Here and Getting Around
Alaska Airlines serves Ketchikan which is a short 1 hour 45 minutes flight from Seattle. Alaska Marine Highway ferries operate out of Bellingham, Washington and Prince Rupert, B.C.
While here, we will have bikes available and the city bus system is very good. We will provide some compensation for travel expenses that will be based on each individual.
Starting in July, you can try to catch one of these beauties right behind our show site! Camping, beaches, hiking and loads of other fishing sites are just minutes from the downtown area. Many fun community wide events happen throughout the year, including Summer Solstice, Fourth of July, Blueberry Festival, and the Fish Pirates Daughter Play to name a few!
Work hard to play hard in our backyard!
- Dock Representatives – This is a desirable position for those who are looking for work in the great Alaskan outdoors. Meet, greet and direct cruise line passengers to the show site.
- Retail Staff – This position is ideal for those looking for a fast pace, high energy and fun work environment. Meet people from all over the world while you assist in ticket and novelty sales.
- Sales Representatives - This is a great position for those who are excellent at communication and are able to interact with any guest. Meet people from every aspect of the world, while showing them what we have to offer at the show. SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
How to Apply
Please send resume, job application, and indicate which job you are interested in applying for. You may also fill out our contact form under Apply Now to provide your contact information and paste in your resume. Thanks for your interest in The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show!