As one of the few independent ski resorts left in the United States, we prioritize employee success.
With a Purpose like Enjoy. Protect. Give. it’s no wonder we’ve built an incredible team living our values both personally and professionally, each and every day. Our culture and heritage have always set us apart. So as we grow better, not bigger; we’re letting our values guide us. As the world’s first and only B Corp™ ski resort, we use our business as a force for good. We invite you to join us!
We are located in the beautiful Northern New Mexico, where the Rockies begin!
About Taos Ski Valley
We are the world's first and only Certified B Corp Ski Resort! Certified B Corporations are a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. When we became the world’s first B Corp™ ski resort, we committed ourselves to use our business as a force for good, for all.
Becoming a B Corporation means that Taos Ski Valley’s long-held values of inclusion, sustainability, and respect for all are validated. This is highlighted by the following quote from a staff member responding to a recent employee survey, "I've been in other workplaces where I didn't feel I had the freedom to be who I am. But I feel very happy to be at [Taos Ski Valley] where individualism is both celebrated and respected, and it is something that brings people in our workplace together."
We have started on a journey towards a better future, and we've only just begun. Our journey consists of 101+ ways we're improving ourselves, our environment and our community; one turn at a time!
The Employee Experience
What is it like working for us?
In the past few years, we have taken intentional action to be more inclusive for our diverse community of employees, visitors, and neighbors. We value diversity because we value all people. We also know that shared perspectives from people with different lived experiences lead to new and better ways of acting for the common good. We are intentional about increasing the diversity of our staff and promoting equity in the outdoor recreation industry because doing so is right, and because it allows for richer experiences for staff and guests, as well as a greater connection to each other and this special place where we work. To learn more about our commitment to Social Justice please visit https://www.skitaos.com/discover-taos/our-purpose/social-justice
We want you to be yourself!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love, or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience, your qualifications, and your passions! So, if you're stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude, and are good at what you do, then we want you!
We value you and want to ensure you know it!
- We pay a living wage based on the MIT calculation for Taos County. Our 2023-2024 living wage will continue to be $17.10/hour which started October 1st, 2022!
- We ensure equity among genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history, by conducting a pay equity analysis annually.
- We support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics.
- We reward those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Sweet Perks Include:
- A free season pass
- Discounted tickets for friends and family
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to contribute to the company 401k plan, with ESG investing options, after 1-month of service
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks
- A comprehensive Full-Time, Year-Round Benefits Package including Medical Insurance, Employer paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, Employer match for 401K contribution, Parental Leave, Paid Volunteer Time and Paid PTO and Wellness Days!
- ...Did we mention the gorgeous office views?!
Want to join the movement? APPLY NOW!
Any and all are welcomed at Taos!
We have Boarders & Skiers, Hikers & BeeKeepers; Runners, Walkers & Climbers along with Musicians, Bikers and Diners. Let's not forget our Adventurers & Book Readers, Family People, and Single Leaders; Dog Lovers, Horse Riders, Cat Tamers, and River Guiders; Doctors & Fire Fighters, Artists, Farmers & Fire Lighters! Whatever your passions, education or background, we guarantee you'll feel at home once you're Taos bound.
Room and Board
We have limited staff housing available at Taos Ski Valley. To learn more about housing, please visit us at www.skitaos.com/housing. Unit availability is based on an application process and fills up quickly!
Alternatively, most of our staff members choose to live in the town of Taos to be close to transportation, shopping, and restaurants. We provide a staff shuttle to and from the Town of Taos and our staff housing. During ski season the Town of Taos provided transportation via the RTD Chile Line, between the town of Taos and Taos Ski Valley, with convenient pick-up & drop-off locations throughout.
If you are interested in living outside of the Taos Ski Valley staff housing, there are plenty of affordable housing options to choose from! The following links will assist you in finding housing in the area:
Benefits include the following:
- Taos County Living Wage
- Skiing/Riding Privileges
- Employee Wellness Program with Yoga
- Employee Events and Activities
- Great Office Views
- Fun Work Environment
- Food and Retail Discounts, Free and Discounted Lessons, Discount Coupons
- Access to The B Hive through B Corp
- Expert Voice Membership - discounted gear!
- Camber Outdoors Membership - discounted gear and leadership development opportunities!
Getting Here and Getting Around
RTD (The "Blue Bus") is the public transportation system from the Town of Taos to Taos Ski Valley. The shuttle runs several times per day.
For the outdoor enthusiast or the nature lover, Taos County and surrounding areas offer a wide variety of activities including:
- Mountain Biking and Cycling
- Horseback Riding
- Natural Hot Springs & Spa Resorts
- River Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Spring and Fall Arts Festivals
- Taos Pueblo - U.N. World Heritage Site - a 1000+ year continually inhabited Native American Pueblo
- Music Events
How to Apply
Please click Apply Now to select a job and submit your application on-line.
Thanks for your interest in Taos!