Spend Your Summer Amazed by Denali “The Great One”
Alaska Collection is the umbrella company for Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge, Seward Windsong Lodge, and Kenai Fjords Tours.
Our season runs May through September and we employ more than 400 seasonal employees each year. Candidates available for employment for an entire season are given first consideration. Supervisory and entry level jobs are available at all locations.
We specialize in providing the best Alaskan experience with our innovative tours and top-notch customer service. If you are interested in a fun and challenging job with a progressive company, scroll to the bottom of this page and submit your application today.
Built from Alaska's natural resources and resting on 35 acres of our 640-acre site, our spacious guest rooms, on-site restaurants, lounge and meeting facilities provide a luxurious getaway with an unmatched view of Denali and the Alaska Range.
Room and Board
The Lodge provides optional on-site housing for its employees who are 18 years of age or older, on a first-come first-served basis, with preference given to employees from out of town. Housing is a privilege, not a right. It is important that all employees respect the privacy of others. Each employee's consideration will ensure the comfort and safety of all. Rules and policies are in place to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone. Employees are required to sign a housing agreement if provided with company housing.
We have two types of communal housing:
- Dorm Style housing with communal cooking, leisure/TV and gender separate shower/restroom facilities for employees.
- Employees share a bedroom with 1-4 others and will share the communal areas with 32 other employees.
- Apartment Style housing that includes a kitchen, bathroom and television for individuals.
- Employees share a bedroom with 1-4 others and will live in an apartment with 6-8 other employees.
Employee Housing Charges
- A monthly housing fee of $5-$8 per person per day will be deducted from the employee’s paycheck while living in employee housing.
- A refundable key and damage deposit of $150 to $250 will be deducted from the first few paychecks. The deposit will be refunded when the employee vacates the housing, returns the key, and the housing passes a cleanliness and damage inspection.
All kitchens are equipped with refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, cooking equipment and utensils. The Lodge also provides bedding and towels and has free on-site laundry facilities for employees living in employee housing.
The Lodge also has three trailers available equipped for living for $8/day per person and three trailer sites available with full hook-ups for $3/day.
Most cell phone carriers have service in the area, but employees are encouraged to check with their carriers before arrival.
The Lodge offers free wireless internet for personal laptops, however each employee may only register 1 device and is limited to using only 1GiG of data PER DAY. Employees living in apartment-style rooms are encouraged to purchase a private, monthly internet package to enjoy more data usage either privately or shared with your roommates. See HR for further details.
Employees are encouraged to experience all of Alaska Collection locations and products. For just under $9 per person, an employee can purchase a pass to ride on Alaska Collection's tour boats through Kenai Fjords Tours in Seward, Alaska, as well as take advantage of discounted hotel rates on a space available basis. Many other sightseeing activities throughout Alaska are offered at a discount to Alaska Collection employees.
In addition to competitive wages, Alaska Collection may pay a bonus of 5% to eligible first-year employees or 10% for eligible returning employees. Bonuses are based on the following criteria: 1) full completion of agreement dates, 2) returning employees must have completed at least one of the past two seasons.
Pay Days/Direct Deposit
Pay days are bi-weekly, every second Friday. Pay advances are not available, so please ensure availability of sufficient funds for food, etc. during the first three weeks of employment. The Lodge encourages employees to sign up for direct deposited payroll for additional security. This requires the employee provide a voided check on the account funds are to be deposited to.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Travel to Talkeetna, Alaska
- Closest commercial airport (Ted Stevens International) is in Anchorage, the flight from Seattle is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- If you choose to drive to Alaska, give yourself plenty of time and make sure you have the international requirements to get through Canada.
Traveling From Anchorage to Talkeetna
- Train travel with 50% employee discount is available. A fax request from the Lodge's Human Resources Department is required for bookings. Please see Alaska Railroad's website for schedules and contact the Lodge HR office for a reservation.
- Buses and shuttles are also available. Please contact the Lodge HR Department for more information.
What to Bring
A good alarm clock (battery operated) if you have an early shift! The summer climate can be absolutely gorgeous and sunny one day and cold and wet the next. It can be cold in early May and September so employees need an assortment of clothing. The average summer temperature is 65 degrees and some suggestions are:
- Jacket water and wind proof
- Hiking boots, water proof
- Sweaters and warm fleece
- Shorts, yes there is that possibility of warm temperatures
- Uniform pants and shoes (detailed uniform requirements will be sent by hiring manager)
The historic town of Talkeetna has a year round population of approximately 800 people.
We are 2 hours north of Anchorage and 2.5 hours south of Denali National Park. Talkeetna sits about 60 air miles from Denali “The Great One” and is the take-off point for mountain climbing expeditions. We also pride ourselves in being a destination spot for some of the best fishing, hiking, rafting and picturesque prospects in all of Alaska.
The Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge is a great opportunity for you to work, develop friendships, and see all Alaska has to offer! We welcome you to join our team!
- Flight seeing
- Marine tours (Kenai Fjords Tours, a sister company, offers employee discounts)
- Dog mushing tours
- Zip lining
- Rafting, canoeing and kayaking
- Four wheeling
- Jet boating
- Biking and Running on paved 14 mile path
- Many staff get together for games of football, soccer, bocce ball, badminton, basketball, etc.
- The Lodge features two restaurants, a lounge and a gift shop
- Town offers restaurants (including a pizzeria and several casual dining establishments), watering holes, a small general store, bakeries, coffee shop, library, post office and a full service grocery store 13 miles down the road.
- A shuttle service is available from the Lodge to town or it is a beautiful 1-2 mile walk into town. Plus there is a community shuttle that is available for trips to the full grocery store several times a day Mondays through Fridays.
- The town has a bank that is 12 miles away - MVFCU - Mat Valley Federal Credit Union.
Lodging/Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Maintenance, Front Desk, and Gift Shop Staff
How to Apply
Jobs offered at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge usually start in early May and finish in the third week of September; preference will be given to candidates that can complete a full season. All employees must pass a comprehensive back ground check.
Thank you for your interest in applying for employment at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.