Come join the friendliest mountain destination in the world!!
Steamboat - Ski Town USA ® - A place where you’ll find outdoor adventure, indulge in the arts, enjoy unique events, explore hidden trails and ultimately unwind in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp is located in the NW corner of Colorado. We are approximately a three-hour drive from Denver.
About Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A.® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing an outstanding experience for our staff and guests alike. Working at Steamboat Resort can be the most rewarding seasonal experience or become a lifelong career. You will also be a part of Steamboat’s future as we move full steam ahead with the resort’s largest transformation and redevelopment in history. Find out more about this exciting project at www.steamboat.com/fullsteamahead. Fair warning: Starting a job at Steamboat will lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
The Employee Experience
Working at Steamboat puts you in the incredible opportunity to live where others vacation. Steamboat is surrounded by mountains to hike, ride horses, ski, and above all, explore. We have an incredible community that showcases the talents of all and allows you to experience unique events surrounded by incredible people. Enjoy the rodeo that speaks to our western heritage, spend weekends at the farmers market with friends, or enjoy shopping all along our downtown streets. There is something here for everyone. Being an employee of the mountain allows you discounts at many locations as well as discounts on experiences in the area. Come find out why people come for a season and stay for a lifetime!
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Steamboat consistently enjoys some of the highest guest service scores in the industry. This may not come as a surprise to you if you have experienced Steamboat firsthand. Service Excellence is a way of ensuring every employee understands that Steamboat values employee relationships and, in turn, those strong internal relationships foster bonds with guests.
Room and Board
The Ponds at Steamboat, less than 2 miles from the base area, hosts a number of two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartments. Available on a first-come, first-serve basis, these fully furnished units include all utilities, Wi-Fi, basic cable, and local phone service. Dogs may be accepted-space permitting. Upon confirmation and acceptance of a position, a housing application and additional information may be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees and eligible dependents of Steamboat Ski & Resort will also be able to ski/ride FOR FREE at the following resorts operated by Alterra Mountain Company: Big Bear Mountain Resort, Crystal Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Snowshoe, Solitude Mountain Resort, Palisades Tahoe, Stratton, Winter Park Resort. Road trip, anyone?
REAL DEAL PROGRAM:
- The resorts in the Real Deal exchange allows employees to ski for free and dependents can take advantage of a 50% discount. Areas participating in the program are: A-Basin, Aspen Skiing CO, Copper Mt. Resort, Echo, Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Granby Ranch, Loveland Basin, Monarch, Powderhorn Resort, Purgatory, Ski Cooper, Sunlight, Telluride Ski & Golf, Winter Park Resort
- 50% OFF IKON PASS LOCATIONS: Alta, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Aspen Snowmass, Big Bear Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Blue Mountain, Brighton, Copper Mountain, Coronet Peak, Crystal Mountain, Cypress Mountain, Deer Valley Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Killington-Pico, Loon Mountain Resort, Mammoth Mountain, Mt Bachelor, Mt Buller , Mt Hutt, Niseko United, Palisades Tahoe, RED Mountain, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Schweitzer, SkiBig3, Snowbird, Snowshoe Mountain, Solitude Mountain Resort, Steamboat, Stratton, Sugarbush Resort, Sugarloaf, Sunday River Resort, Taos Ski Valley, The Summit at Snoqualmie, The Remarkables, Thredbo, Tremblant, Valle Nevado, Windham Mountain, Winter Park Resort
- Employees save 50% at all cafeteria restaurants, and 25% at our full service establishments. Food and beverage employees also receive a shift meal.
RENTAL AND RETAIL DISCOUNTS
- Employees receive a discount at Steamboat Ski & Sport as well as our other on-mountain retail shops. A 30% discount is included for most retail items. No gear? We got you covered! If an employee needs to rent gear from one of our rental shops, that's available for 50% off.
- In addition to the discounts at Steamboat rental and retail stores, employees will also receive an Experticity membership, which offers discounts up to 65% on several outdoor brands including The North Face, Dakine, Salomon, Helly Hansen, and more.
- Smith Discounts up to 60% Off
- Smartwool Discounts up to 50% Off
- Northface Discounts up to 50% Off
Getting Here and Getting Around
The city of Steamboat Springs provides a free bus system throughout most of the community, including The Ponds at Steamboat. Transportation between Denver International Airport and Steamboat/Hayden Airport is available through shuttle services as well as major airlines. Please contact Go Alpine to check rates.
In the Winter:
Ski/Ride for free in Steamboat, at Winter Park and at various locations throughout the United States!
- Learn to ski & ride at our Snowsports School. We provide 2 complimentary 'Never Ever' lessons and 2 additional lessons for those who already know the basics.
- Ready to send it? You get 2 "First Tracks" tickets to be one of the first on the mountain to shred the powder!
- Kick back and relax at our legendary Employee Parties.
- Take in the Steamboat Winter Carnival and cheer on our famous ski jumpers at Howelson Hill - America's oldest operating ski area!
- If you love bluegrass, get ready to jive to Winter Wondergrass every February.
In the Summer:
Hike our extensive trail system!
- Ride the Gondola to access the on-mountain trail system and dine at our on-mountain restaurants using your employee discount.
- Did you say "Hot Springs"? Yes please... a must-do in Steamboat.
- Enjoy the many summer concerts.
- Kick back and relax at our legendary Employee Parties.