Flex Year Round - Full Time Downtown Retail Assistant Manager Needed! Full Benefits!
Share the Steamboat Dream This Winter!
Steamboat - Ski Town USA - A place where you’ll find outdoor adventure, indulge in the arts, enjoy unique events, explore hidden trails and ultimately unwind in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp is located in the NW corner of Colorado. We are approximately a three-hour drive from Denver.
Jobs in the Spotlight
About Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
The Employee Experience
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Steamboat consistently enjoys some of the highest guest service scores in the industry. This may not come as a surprise to you if you have experienced Steamboat firsthand. Service Excellence is a way of ensuring every employee understands that Steamboat values employee relationships and, in turn, those strong internal relationships foster bonds with guests.
This all may sounds simple, but it takes a commitment from everyone on the team to generate exceptional experiences that make guests want to return to and recommend Steamboat. Service Excellence requires individuals to work as a team and strive to provide the highest level of guest service in the industry. If that's you, come join the team!
Room and Board
The Ponds at Steamboat, less than 2 miles from the base area, provides a number of two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartments. Available on a first-come, first-serve basis, these fully furnished units include all utilities, Wi-Fi, basic cable, and local phone service. Dogs may be accepted-space permitting. Upon confirmation and acceptance of a position, a housing application and additional information may be obtained at email@example.com.
- Employees and eligible dependents of Steamboat Ski & Resort will also be able to ski/ride FOR FREE at the following resorts operated by Alterra Mountain Company: Big Bear Mountain Resort, Crystal Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Snowshoe, Solitude Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, Stratton, Winter Park Resort. Road trip, anyone?
REAL DEAL PROGRAM:
- The resorts in the Real Deal exchange allows employees to ski for free and dependents can take advantage of a 50% discount. Areas participating in the program are: A-Basin, Aspen – Highlands/Snowmass/Buttermilk, Copper Mountain, Echo Mountain, Eldora Mountain, Granby Ranch, Loveland, Powderhorn, Purgatory at Durango, Ski Cooper, Sunlight Mountain, Taos Ski Valley, Telluride and Winter Park.
- 50% OFF IKON PASS LOCATIONS: The Summit At Snoqualmie, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Brighton, Alta, Snowbird, Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain, Killington - Pico, Sugarbush Resort, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon Mountain, Skibig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Cypress Mountain, Valle Nevado, Thredbo, Mt Buller, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt, Niseko United
- Employees save 50% at all cafeteria restaurants, and 25% at our full service establishments. Food and beverage employees also receive a shift meal.
RENTAL AND RETAIL DISCOUNTS
- Employees receive a discount at Steamboat Ski & Sport as well as our other on-mountain retail shops. A 30% discount is included for all soft goods (gloves, beanies, hats, hoodies, jackets, ski pants, etc.), and hard goods (helmets, ski boots, skis, poles, goggles, sunglasses) are eligible for a 20% discount. No gear? We got you covered! If an employee needs to rent gear from one of our rental shops, that's available for 50% off.
EXPERT VOICE (FORMERLY EXPERTICITY) MEMBERSHIP
- In addition to the discounts at Steamboat rental and retail stores, employees will also receive an Experticity membership, which offers discounts up to 65% on several outdoor brands including The North Face, Dakine, Salomon, Helly Hansen, Smith, and more.
- Full-time and part-time employees receive vouchers for activities like The Outlaw Mountain Coaster-the longest alpine coaster in North America!
- Employees receive 30% off of spa treatments at the Steamboat Grand Spa
- Free rides on the Outlaw Mountain Coaster
Getting Here and Getting Around
The city of Steamboat Springs provides a free bus system throughout most of the community, including The Ponds at Steamboat. Transportation between Denver International Airport and Steamboat/Hayden Airport is available through shuttle services as well as major airlines. Please contact Go Alpine to check rates.
- Ski/Ride for free here, Colorado and all over the United States!
- Learn to Ski & Ride at our Snowsports School. We provide 2 complimentary 'Never Ever' passes and 2 Regular Lesson Passes.
- Already know how to send it? You get 2 First Tracks tickets to be the first to shred the pow!
- Kick back and relax at our legendary Employee Parties.
- Take in the Steamboat Winter Carnival and cheer on our famous ski jumpers at Howelson Hill - America's oldest operating ski area!
- Have you taken a ride on North America's longest mountain roller coaster yet? Here is your chance!
- If you love bluegrass, get ready to take in Winter Wondergrass every February.