WINTER IS HERE, SNOW IS FALLING! Join the Loveland Family Today!
Looking for a unique, timeless experience in the snowsports industry? Look no further - the Loveland experience is like no other. We have stayed true to the sport, our guests and our employees. Our experience is simple and straight forward. Our goal is for everyone to feel at home and to become a member of the Loveland family. Come join our family and be a part of something special!
Loveland Ski Area is only 53 miles west of Denver, CO (just before the Eisenhower/Johnson tunnels) and 12 miles east of Summit County, on I-70 at Exit 216. Year Round and Winter Seasonal jobs posting now, click the link to see what we have open. If you don't see what you are looking for - check back often as we will be posting additional jobs soon.
About Loveland Ski Area
Near to the hearts of generations of skiers and riders, Loveland is Colorado’s Best-Known Secret.
Just west of Denver, Loveland boasts 1,800 acres of remarkable terrain, FREE snowcat skiing along the Continental Divide, an innovative lesson program, and more snow than any other Front Range or Summit County, CO resort (an annual average of 422 inches!) Loveland offers families a fun, friendly, and hassle-free winter escape. We want everyone who comes to Loveland to feel like a guest of our owners. At Loveland, you are not just an employee or a customer, you are part of the family from the moment you pull into the parking lot.
For over 80 years, Loveland has been home for those who simply want to ski or ride. From first-timers to long-timers – there is something for everyone. We have two separate base areas, Loveland Valley which is dedicated to beginners, and Loveland Basin which offers terrain for every level of skier and snowboarder including steeps, trees, cruisers, open bowls, and everything in between.
For our guests - It’s a ski and ride adventure that brings families closer together – creating memories that will never melt away. It’s a spur of the moment ski/snowboard trip with friends, fun, and food without a big drive before or after. It’s a celebration of snow that lasts as long as you want – an hour, a day, or all season long. Our employees are the key to ensuring this experience for our guests.
- Skiable Acres 1,800 lift-served
- Hikeable Acres 100
- Trails 94
- Base Elevation 10,800 feet
- Summit Elevation 13,010 feet
- Vertical Drop 2,210 feet
- Lifts 1 high-speed quad, 3 quad, 3 triple, 2 double, 2 magic carpet surface lifts (1 magic carpet is for Ski & Ride School only)
- Longest Run 2 miles
- Slopes 13% Beginner, 41% Intermediate and 46% Advanced
- Average Snowfall 422 inches (over 35 feet!)
- Snowmaking Capability 240 acres
The Employee Experience
"WE ARE FAMILY"
As one of the few remaining family-owned ski areas, Loveland provides an authentic, uncluttered and unpretentious experience to both guests and employees. Our owners have been our owners for over 60 years; they are involved and know many employees by name.
Our employees say that one of their favorite things about Loveland is the family feel and the life-long friends they have made here. We know it sounds cliché . . . but we really are a family here at Loveland! A family who is loyal, enthusiastic, and passionate about Loveland, each other, our work, and our play.
Loveland is typically one of the first ski areas in the nation to open, offering a season that runs from mid-October through early-May, and making Loveland’s winter employment is one of the longest in the industry.
We are looking for fun, active, snow-sports enthusiasts who are dependable, work well with team members, have a good sense of humor, and who want to be a part of the Loveland Family.
Room and Board
We offer very limited housing for employees. To qualify for employee housing, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a new employee to Loveland (having never worked for Loveland previously);
- Have accepted a full-time seasonal position with Loveland;
- Be moving to Colorado from out of State or somewhere in Colorado beyond commuting distance to Loveland Ski Area, and
- Be hired in one of the departments that has housing allocations: Primarily Lift Operations, Food and Beverage and Rental Shop. We may have housing available for other departments, so ask the hiring manager if you need housing.
If you don’t qualify or there is no available Employee Housing, you will need to secure your own housing. We have identified some housing leads (below) which may help.
Most of our employees live in one of the small mountain towns along the I-70 corridor between Loveland and Denver, including Idaho Springs, Dumont/Downieville/Lawson, Empire, Georgetown and Silver Plume. Others live in the western suburbs of Denver including Golden, Lakewood, and Littleton – where housing options may be more plentiful. Our free employee shuttles between Golden and the ski area make it easy to get to and from work from most of these locations.
To help in your search for housing, we suggest you contact the below properties who may accommodate long-term stays for employees referred from Loveland Ski Area. For rates and terms, please contact the individual properties.
- 6&40 Motel, 2920 Colorado Blvd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452 (pet friendly) – (303) 567-2691
- Columbine Inn, 2545 Colorado Blvd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452 – (303) 567-0948
- Georgetown Lodge, 1600 Argentine St, Georgetown, CO 80444 – (303) 569-3211
Summit County (only 12 miles to the west from Loveland Ski Area, there is no employee shuttle, so you must have or arrange your own transportation)
- 3 Peaks Lodge, 22859 US Hwy 6, Keystone, CO 80435 – (970) 513-9009
For longer-term housing (ie, year leases), you might check into the affordable housing property in Idaho Springs, Riverbend Residence Apartments (2546 Colorado Blvd – (833) 479-0252)
You can also check out the Clear Creek Housing Facebook Page
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?... Look at what you get when you work for us!
- Free Loveland Employee Season Pass
- Competitive Wages with $20/hour minimum start rate
- Paid sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program – free confidential counseling and life help services for employees and anyone in their household
- Free season passes for immediate family members or complimentary/discount tickets for friends/family
- FREE employee shuttles from the Mammoth Park-n-Ride parking lot in Golden to Loveland, with stops all along the I-70 corridor
- Free or discounted skiing & riding at over 30 other ski areas (restrictions may apply)
- Employee and dependent discounts throughout the ski area (food & beverage, retail, rentals, ski/ride lessons, and more)
- Department-specific perks (ie, food & beverage shift meal)
- Affordable Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance Plans (must work a minimum of two days per week)
- Flexible work schedules
- Ski/ride breaks, when possible
- Discounts with local businesses
Getting Here and Getting Around
Loveland is located on the major interstate (I-70) heading west into the mountains from Denver, CO. Loveland is not located in a town so employees can take advantage of the free employee shuttle or provide your own transportation from wherever they choose to live.
The free employee shuttles run daily between Loveland and Golden, stopping at all major points along I-70 throughout Clear Creek County.
Being so close to Denver provides for an employee experience with the best of both worlds – mountain and city. A short drive from the ski area, you can experience all that Denver has to offer including shopping, concerts, museums, theatre, major sporting events, clubs, and so much more. And while at work, you can enjoy the serenity and beauty of the mountains, the fun and excitement of a ski area in operation, and being a member of the family at Loveland.
Loveland is also only 12 miles from Summit County, CO where you can enjoy more skiing/riding, sledding, tubing, and other winter special events such as Ice Castles and International Snow Sculpting.
How to Apply
Check out our current openings to see what positions interest you, and then apply - it is that simple! Just click on the red APPLY HERE button below.
Come join our family this winter.