$$$ - Cooks - $$$
Granby Ranch is hiring NOW for Summer 2022 positions!
Granby Ranch is a four-season mountain community offering downhill and cross-country skiing, lift served mountain biking, 18-hole golf course, private fishing, hiking, delicious cuisine, unique mountain weddings and more. Our mission is to create a community where families, friends and team members can connect, live, play and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Nestled in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Granby Ranch is 90 miles north west of Denver in Granby Colorado. We are 25 minutes from Winter Park, 25 minutes from the western entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, and 8 minutes from the town of Granby. Granby offers a western hospitality and a friendly small town vibe that makes visitors feel right at home.
Jobs in the Spotlight
About Granby Ranch
Granby Ranch provides an opportunity to work and play in the Colorado Rocky Mountains without the hassle of huge crowds, endless lines and corporate resorts. At Granby Ranch you can experience skiing, golf, hiking, and mountain biking in Colorado the way it used to be with friendly, hassle free hospitality. Just an hour and half from Denver and all the big city has to offer, unique Colorado experiences are endless while living and working in Grand County.
The Employee Experience
Employees at Granby Ranch will have a small mountain town experience that feels like family. You will work in a place where everyone knows your name and every Team Member is valued. We celebrate successes and recognize outstanding performance with monthly recognition events. Join the Granby Ranch softball team, take an outing to the local bowling alley, shuttle to a nearby ski area, or just enjoy the day on your own hiking, biking, skiing, or snowshoeing. The Colorado experience is waiting for you at Granby Ranch!
Employees who enjoy working with others for the success of the team and strive for continuously learn and grow will find success at Granby Ranch. Successful team members proactively engage with guests and interact positively with co-workers to deliver the best possible experience each day.
We look for people who share our ethos:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
Room and Board
Granby Ranch offers employee housing including private room options. Rent ranges from $525-$750/month and is taken directly out of biweekly paychecks. A security deposit of $325 (refundable) and an admin fee of $75 (non-refundable) are due upon check-in. We recommend paying at least one week's rent upon check-in but do not require it. Having a car is recommended but not required; employee transportation is provided during the winter season between housing unit, work and the grocery store. Housing inspections are conducted biweekly.
Employees receive F&B discounts at the resort including 50% off when working until 4pm and 25% off in the restaurant after 4pm (alcohol not included). City Market in Granby and Safeway in Fraser offer affordable groceries nearby.
- Granby Ranch All Access pass
- Complimentary day-lift passes for friends and family (# varies based on FT/PT status)
- Summer Lift Access Exchange Program with Winter Park, Aspen and Angel Fire (NM)
- Food & Beverage discounts
- 50% off 12pm – 4pm when working and 25% off 12pm – 4pm when not working.
- 25% off 4pm – Close
- Does not apply to alcoholic beverages
- Granby Ranch Bike Rental discounts
- Granby Ranch Outfitters retail discount of 25%
- Gear and Clothing
- Outdoor Pro-link: 30-50% off for 90 different top outdoor brands.
- Expert Voice: Discounts up to 60% for outdoor gear.
- Shoes for Crews: Choose from 100+ different styles of slip resistant, comfortable shoes and receive corporate pricing.
- Golf benefits are available to all active Ridgeline-Granby Ranch employees, no qualified dependents. Cost is $6.50 per person per round.
- Available Monday – Friday and Weekends/Holidays after 1pm on a space available basis.
Full Time and Part Time employees receive:
- FREE Granby Ranch Ski Pass and deeply discounted ski/snowboard rentals (daily only)
- FREE Unlimited Skiing/Snowboarding at the following areas for employees (50% off for qualified dependents):
- Copper Mountain
- Winter Park
- Ski Cooper
- Echo Mountain
- Complimentary and 1/2 Price day tickets for Granby Ranch for friends and family (# varies based on FT/PT status)
- Access to a Colorado Ski Country USA Gold Pass, which provides free usage of 22 Colorado Ski Country USA Member Resorts.
- FREE Ski/Snowboard lessons - group lesson/space available
- 50% discount on Food and non-alcoholic beverages in the dining hall
- 25% off in the Retail Shop
- Discounts in the Tune Shop
- Discounts on two gear websites
Getting Here and Getting Around
General Transportation Information
- For Google Maps, please use 1000 Village Road, Granby, CO 80446.
- Summer Season - vehicle or bicycle strongly recommended, borderline required.
- Winter Season - vehicle strongly recommended; Granby Ranch provides employee shuttle to and from work to offsite housing locations and grocery store.
- Lift Bus runs between Winter Park and Granby - FREE
Transportation from Airport
- Home James - door to door shuttle service (https://www.ridehj.com/)
- Granby Ranch Shuttle if available, fee TBD
- Greyhound Bus
- Bustang (https://ridebustang.com/)
Grand County provides four seasons of fun! There's something for everyone right around the corner!
- Granby Ranch - downhill, cross country or snowshoe, right in our backyard: FREE!
- Downhill skiing at more than 20 ski resorts: FREE!
- Tubing at Fraser Tubing Hill
- Hot Sulphur Springs
- Cross country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating and more at YMCA of the Rockies: Snow Mountain Ranch
- Grand Lake Theater
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Bowling, movie theater and billiards at The Foundry
- Wineries, breweries and distilleries
... and so much more to discover!
How to Apply
Click on APPLY HERE to view a job list and online application instructions.