Earn $13 per hour and an extra $1550 as a Dishwasher!
Hike, bike, explore! Enjoy your workplace in Shenandoah National Park
At Delaware North, we are leaders in the hospitality and foodservice industry. The places we operate—hotels, resorts, cultural attractions, and national and state parks—make countless memories for millions of guests each and every year. Our talented associates bring a rare attention to detail to every property in our care and to every individual we serve across our diverse operating companies.
Just over an hour’s drive from Washington, DC, Shenandoah National Park overlooks the lush Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains. We operate lodging, retail, and foodservice locations throughout the park including Skyland, Big Meadows Lodge, Elkwallow, Loft Mountain Campground, Lewis Mountain Cabins, and Big Meadows Wayside. We offer on-site housing (if available) and a free shift meal!
Jobs in the Spotlight
Earn $14 per hour and an extra $1550 as a Housekeeper!
Earn $15 per hour and an extra $1550 as a Line Cook!
$500 sign-on and $150 monthly bonus! Live and work in Shenandoah National Park.
About Delaware North at Shenandoah National Park
Do you love hiking, backpacking, camping, wildflowers, and wildlife? Then you belong at Shenandoah National Park. The 2021 season offers plenty of opportunities for you to join us and experience Shenandoah from the inside - and outside!
We provide our team members:
- FREE lodging
- FREE shift meal
- $500 sign-on bonus (paid after 90 days)
- $150 per month season completion bonus - earn up to $1050 extra!
Along the 105-mile Skyline Drive, which runs through the park from Front Royal, VA to Waynesboro, VA, there are lodges, dining facilities, craft and gift shops, camp stores, gas stations and stables, along with 75 overlooks. We are seeking friendly, hospitable people who can create special experiences for our guests and visitors.
If you are looking for a great job, where you will make friends with people from all over the world, then you belong at Shenandoah National Park.
- Shenandoah National Park encompasses part of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the state of Virginia.
- We are your escape to recreation. Cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows—it’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. It’s 200,000 acres of protected lands.
- It’s home to many wildlife including over 50 different types of mammal's, 32 fish species, 200 bird species, 26 reptile species, and 24 types of amphibians.
- Our highest peak is 4,010 feet at Stoney Man Mountain
- We have over 1,400 types of plants throughout the park
- Breathtaking views in every direction.
- Skyline Drive noted as one of the top 10 most beautiful drives in the world.
The Employee Experience
Our associates love meeting and greeting visitors to the Shenandoah National Park. Hiking is a huge part of our National Park, as the Appalachian Trail cuts right through several of our properties. Many AT Hikers spend the night, and share their stories. Others actually decide to stay for a while, and pickup part-time work with us!
If you are motivated, love taking care of guests and enjoy working with people from all over the world, we are the place for you! We offer positions in all areas of the Hospitality Industry. This includes Retail, Culinary, Food & Beverage Service, Housekeeping, Laundry, Drivers, Recreation, Guest Experience, and more!
Room and Board
FREE for those that live outside of the area - dormitory style with shared bath. Includes free bed and bath linens and free laundry. A limited amount of housing is available, so apply early. Children and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
Employees will receive 1 FREE MEAL (during your work shift).
- The dorms are located at Skyland and Big Meadows Lodge and Loft Mountain.
- There will be NO RENT for the entire season.
- A typical dorm houses between 2 and 4 associates, but may vary for the health and safety of our associates. Each person is equipped with towels, washcloths, sheets and blankets, microwave & refrigerator. There are laundry facilities on-site. We also have a 'common' area with a full-size refrigerator and stove.
- Wi-Fi is available in the common areas and meals are available at discounted rates.
- There is a fire pit available in the dorm areas and associates can participate in all of the events and activities available to guests at the Resort.
- Some examples include: Horseback riding, self-guided hiking tours, rock climbing and repelling programs, ranger programs.
- FREE LODGING
- 1 FREE MEAL - during your work shift.
- $500 Sign-on bonus
- $150/month Season Completion Bonus
- Working in a National Park is an amazing experience.
- You meet and serve guests from all over the world—as well as fellow co-workers.
- You will get to experience wildlife like no other place.
- The views of your workplace are some of the most spectacular views around.
- You receive discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
Getting Here and Getting Around
The closest airport is Washington Dulles. The closest bus station is Charlottesville, VA. The closest Amtrak station is in Culpeper, VA.
Transportation Options while in the Park:
- Your own vehicle is permitted in the Park
- Rideshare with friends & co-workers
- We have an employee shuttle that makes several daily runs to Luray & Stanley
- Taxi services - Luray VA
- Scheduled trips to the different locations daily
- Your work location is walking distance from the dorm area
Activities around the Park
- Shopping – several town malls and shopping stores in close vicinity: Luray, Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Front Royal, and Winchester.
- Zoo’s in Luray, at the Smithsonian in Washington DC and at The Natural Bridge Zoo
- Theme Parks of all kinds. Massanutten Waterpark, Kings Dominion, Six Flags and Busch Gardens.
- Zipline tours across the mountain in Luray Va
- Golfing—several courses in Luray, Harrisonburg and Front Royal.
- Canoeing & tubing in Luray and Front Royal
- Caverns in Luray and surrounding cities
- Washington D.C (Our Nations Capital—only 75 miles from the Park)
- Beaches –Virginia Beach is only 183 miles from the Park.
How to Apply
Search openings and apply online at the link below. Our application typically takes 5 minutes or less to complete. You'll be invited to complete a brief on-demand text interview to pre-qualify for the position before being invited to schedule your own interview.