Spend the summer on a glacier in SE Alaska!
Glacier Dog Sledding
Premier outdoor adventure with a renowned family owned company.
SE Alaska offering glacier dog sledding
Jobs in the Spotlight
Drive guests in beautiful SE Alaska!
About Alaska Icefield Expeditions
Join our team of Iditarod, Yukon Quest, and Professional Athletes for the opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Our passion for mushing and the North Country is exemplified by the personal attention guests receive from our staff. As an Alaskan Family Owned and Operated Business, we strive to present guests with an authentic Alaskan Experience.
The Employee Experience
The experience that you'll have will be directly related to what you put in to it.
Working hard, being part of the team - even when you're tired, helping others, being proactive will all give you a rewarding experience. You'll be able to end the season knowing that you did your Absolute best and gave it your all.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic folks who are good team players. Must be capable of working well with others in a remote and community living environment. All positions are seasonal.
- Have a great attitude
- Be able to live and work well with others
- Be able to live and work with 250+ huskies
- Be able to live and work in harsh weather
- Hard working is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Clean and neat appearance
- Physically fit
- Can lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Very attentive in regards to safety
- Have a love of dogs
- Be able to work the entire season (May - Sept)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a valid Green card. We are not sponsoring work visas at this time.
- Be First Aid/CPR certified before the beginning of the season which is valid through the end of the season.
Prior glacier travel experience, extended backpacking, Wilderness medicine skills and a second language are welcome.
Room and Board
Living on a glacier is an adventure in itself and we make it easier by providing housing. Staff will be in vinyl Quonset huts with 2 to 4 people. There is a full-time cook on staff to provide all meals when on the glacier. There is no charge for room and board on the glacier. One day off a week in town where housing is available as well. You pay for food in town.
- Work with an amazing family owned company
- Create memorable experiences to have for a lifetime
- Cuddle puppies!!!
- Learn to mush!
- Meet and make new friends
- Commute to work every week with a helicopter - dependent on position.
You also get to be part of an experience that comes from a long history. Learn from and work with past and future Iditarod mushers and handlers.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Employees will be responsible for getting to and from Juneau or Skagway before and after the season. Most people fly into Juneau, although some elect to take the ferry or drive. We will provide transportation from the airport or ferry terminal. There is a fuel compensation for mushers who bring their own dogs. Should you decide to drive your own vehicle, there are places to park, however we are not responsible for lost/theft/damages.
Besides being in Alaska, there are a plethora of things to do and see.
- Star gazing
- Cultural attractions
And so much more!