LIVE, WORK, EXPLORE in Zion National Park as the Operations Manager!
Zion translates to "place of peace and refuge" and offers extraordinary recreational possibilities!
- year round
- Springdale, Utah
- $52,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
JOIN THE TEAM AT ZION NATIONAL PARK AS THE OPERATIONS MANAGER!
At Zion, we provide legendary hospitality with a softer footprint. Interested in living, working, and exploring an extraordinarily beautiful national park? With more than 229 square miles in Zion, there is a lot to explore. Whether you’re biking down the scenic drive, or traversing through the Virgin River into the Narrows, the majesty of the red rock walls will inspire you. Learn more and apply today!
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Wage Range: $52,000 Annually DOE
Housing & Meal Costs: Complimentary (single status housing)
Traveling without a vehicle? We can pick you up from St. George, Utah!
- Free Bike Rentals
- Free Laundry on Site
- 24 Hour Access to Employee Gym
- Employee Referral Program $350
- Unlimited Outdoor Recreation
- Direct Access to Zion National Park's Restricted Canyon Scenic Drive
- Development and Training Opportunities
- Year Round or Seasonal Employment Potential
- RV Full Hookups Available
- Incredible Photography Potential
- The Operations Manager has responsibility to direct all phases of daily operation at the location/property level with a weighted emphasis on Food & Beverage operations.
- Responsible for maximizing sales and controlling expenses at all operations departments, with the objective of meeting or exceeding budgeted profits while maintaining expenses at budgeted levels.
- Continuous monitoring of product, service, and customer service attitude in all departments. Constant awareness of the appearance of both employees and property.
- Effective enforcement of all Xanterra and F&B policies and procedures, including food safety, sanitation, TIPS and Servsafe standards.
- Ensure dining room facilities are maintained and clean. Report all maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Respond positively and empathetically to all guest complaints with the objective of solving the problem to the satisfaction of both the guest and the Company prior to the departure of the guest.
- Ensure that accurate sales, payroll, and labor standard figures are reported on a daily, weekly, and period end basis.
- Review weekly forecasts with all departments, review costed schedules based upon forecasted business volumes, and make appropriate staffing changes necessary to maintain budgeted labor to sales percentages for each department. Conduct daily and weekly audits of labor records to verify provided schedules match hours worked in each department.
- Review weekly work schedules with all supervisors in relation to forecasts, staffing guides, customer service needs, and equity among employees to insure consistency, fairness, and meeting appropriate budgeted guidelines and percentages.
- Constant evaluation of safety concerns throughout all departments.
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure employee satisfaction and esteem is managed. Ensure that all employee complaints, regardless of the issue, are turned over to Human Resources immediately.
- Provide written evaluations of all operations department managers annually.
- This position will be expected to work a variety of hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights (graveyard shifts are possible), weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Assists in hiring and training for the Retail, Café, Dining Room, Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Kitchen operations as well as continual feedback and process improvement instructions as needed.
- Business Management or Hospitality Degree or 3-5 years equivalent experience
- Experience in Food & Beverage Management
- Experience & knowledge in the Rooms, Lodging and Retail departments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivational, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to review and analyze financial documents
- Possession of valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to walk and/or stand a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to kneel or lay flat on the ground to inspect beneath beds, kitchen lines, and beneath furniture.
- Must be able to climb stairs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!